I owe it all to my dog

Options
13»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I don't really owe my fitness to him, but he sure likes to keep me company (and keep me safe!) on hikes!!

kdik5qd02z49.jpg

Dobermans are awesome! Beautiful dog!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My girl Sophie passed away about two weeks ago; it used to really annoy me when she'd want 4 walks a night, or to go out every 90 minutes on the weekends ("I forgot to sniff something, can we go back out to make sure it's still there?"), but right now I really miss it. Evening walks were always a nice way to clear my head. I miss my running coach!

So sorry for your loss. Saw your post with her pics a little further down. What a cutie! Hugs to you.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    My girl Sophie passed away about two weeks ago; it used to really annoy me when she'd want 4 walks a night, or to go out every 90 minutes on the weekends ("I forgot to sniff something, can we go back out to make sure it's still there?"), but right now I really miss it. Evening walks were always a nice way to clear my head. I miss my running coach!

You have my sympathies on your loss. My old guy passed away a week ago today. I'm lost without the routine of walking him several times a day.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs for you as well.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    < Great to start this thread. Very cool. Little one to the right is 7lbs but acts like a 50 lber. :) I think my dog would walk all day long if she had the chance. lol
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I don't really owe my fitness to him, but he sure likes to keep me company (and keep me safe!) on hikes!!

kdik5qd02z49.jpg

So handsome. My poor-bald-pointy face wishes she looked that fierce, but her cute, persistently inside out ears leave her looking kind of derpy.
    Thanks. His face looks a bit like a brindle version of your black dog!

My previous pibble was a brindle like your guy. I miss her so bad some days.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    Aww cute thread I wish I could have a dog but I have no time to give it all the love and attention it needs :(
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    oocjuvbhc4r3.jpg
    My dog isn't really cut out for long walks lol
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maribell needs to learn to pace herself and learn to run negative splits.
    sf0wpwx62n6o.jpg
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ferfmtcd4d5s.jpg

My three legged rottie (pound dog) that used to go EVERYWHERE with me, now he is kind of limited on activities, but we had 6 good years of fun before his cancer/surgery.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    3ahoik5nkkut.jpg

My two walking buddies. The 'fish lover' isn't much of a runner and my "elf dog" is like many others where I would die if he went running with me.

LOVE seeing all the dogs.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    8g2in4k0ir98.jpg

My chihuahua, Isis, like to take walks with me though I usually have to carry her after about 20 minutes. She's to little to walk the entire distance. She loves going with me more on bike rides though. Then she gets the view without any hard work on her part. :smiley:

• michablar
    michablar Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fjndkg0zbp73.jpg
    I am not able to take Pinto & Pedro for runs because of their stubby little legs, but I get extra cardio chasing them around the house trying to keep them from getting into trouble. I love all of these posts!
    P&P.jpg 449.3K
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My dog thinks he's a blanket

xmurym6xda5j.jpg

Stoopid blanket-dog :bigsmile:

ETA and I just took that specially

BEWBIES!!!!

@jorocka well, he is a boy and it's where he seems to like to rest his head .. I had to call his name to get him to look up *snigger*
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Pinto and Pedro!! I love those names :joy: I have a chih-weenie who likes to go out on bike rides too. He likes walks too but also tires out pretty quickly.

Here he is on one of his more adventurous days.
    3pifx6glv50f.jpg
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My running buddies:
    j1jcb7g8y735.jpg
    o508zeya2jj0.jpg
    Tired dogs are happy dogs.

(Not sure why the rest of my post didn't upload the first time. :/)
    On the mornings when it is hard to get out of bed for a morning run, I will have a nose (or two) nudge my hand, "Mom! Your alarm went off. It's time to get up! We're ready!"
    Then after when I am on the floor stretching (and feeling like I may die :p) I have two smiling tired happy dogs looking at me with gratitude. It makes for a good day.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    << I don't owe it all to him, but he's definitely benefiting.

Too bad he's such a hazard to run with. He's much bigger than in that puppy picture, about 2-3 times the size. He has a knack for waiting until I'm in mid-stride to take off after a cat or squirrel. Of course, he does it rarely, so I'm never ready for it. He's yanked me completely off my feet and to the pavement twice in the last year. Bloodied and bruised me up pretty good, but no serious damage to either of us. Not even after I got up and gave him what for :tongue: Don't worry, angry-face and a verbal scolding is all he got. Two minutes later, he'd forgotten all about it and was dancing all over the place while I'm bleeding and limping along behind. Big goofball.

We go for 4-6 mile walks most weeknights in the summer once the sun goes down. He can't tolerate the heat.