Where are my fellow anti-running people?

Options

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I tried to like running many times, but in the end just ended up hating it. It's too boring.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is up to the challenge :wink:
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    And this right here is the attitude that just stinks about runners. Well this and the rest of the posts going on about how much they love running and how glad they have more room since we anti-runners aren't out there. Seriously not necessary; take it somewhere else and leave us anti-runners to discuss our alternatives.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    HIIT/circuits when I can (joints hate me). I like the Stairmaster, too. I'm actually mostly walking now.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of running - like maybe if I was being chased by angry zombies or something like that and had to escape, but otherwise forget it. I have a Nordic Track skier and a recumbent bike at home and use those for cardio for the most part. Sometimes I might take a long walk (I work a desk job so don't do much walking around most days) but I like the skier when I am ambitious and the bike when I am lazy.
  • cmburu
    cmburu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seriously if im running ... you better run too!!! Something scary must be chasing me !!!lol I dislike running
  • Tctr
    Tctr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    skysiebaby wrote: »
    or8qthkg9v3o.jpg

This is me!

Yep! This, right here!

I'm definitely in the 'I hate running' boat but......... that being said, I run two 10k's a week at roughly 5:30/km.

Why???? It seems to have the most impact on weight loss/maintaining FOR ME.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've always hated running since I was a child (or jogging). Being forced to do "road runs" in middle school..ack. Lately, I have wanted to jog a bit but I seriously can't because my knee pain is getting so bad. Even light Zumba, or the walk away the pounds video is causing knee pain. So, now that it hurts even more makes me mad that I can't do it. Not that I would want to, or ever go for a run on my own but heck..I *might* one day..if I didn't hurt so bad, right? haha Who am I kidding...I do like walking though.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I hate it- but I am also not a fan of the elliptical. I have the attention span of a fly. One thing for too long, in general, isn't my cup of tea. I find it's easiest to get cardio in through activities that are a little different every time- like dancing/zumba.

I won't lie, though, I don't really like cardio in general. Give me lifting over cardio any day!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Aerobic dancing is my cardio otherwise I walk or yoga. I hate running!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm ambivalent about it. I dislike the uncomfortable feeling of starting up, I hate how slow I feel I am and the breathing stuff can go die in a fire. I hate the pain in my feet that I develop early on and can't seem to get rid of.
    Oh, running, I do not love thee at all.

On the other hand, I enjoy the outdoors, I love the point where I can get to 7-8 kms and feel that my endurance has radically changed. I adore the changes I see in my body. I like the ease of just putting on shoes and going.

But I enjoy cycling in all its forms more.

I'm a reluctant runner. But I guess I am a runner, even if I prefer that 100k bike ride to a 10k. I still get out there.

___

ETA: Yeah, I keep saying I should go hashing.

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I keep saying I should go hashing.

Drinkers with a running problem :)
  • ekgtec69
    ekgtec69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and love it. I have lost 12 lb in 2 weeks watching and eating healthy. Now exercise. I have a right total knee replacement and a fractured tib & fib both are fully of metal. My knee is aching from the treadmill but that's not my main problem. I also have atrial fib where your hearts starts beating very fast. I worked in Cardiology for 31 years. I take 3 pills a day to keep my heart rate around 70 -75. When exercising my heart rate won't go up so do I still get the benifet of cardio? Never been much of a excerizer, with all my fake parts. Thanks, Carol
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I hate it- but I am also not a fan of the elliptical. I have the attention span of a fly. One thing for too long, in general, isn't my cup of tea. I find it's easiest to get cardio in through activities that are a little different every time- like dancing/zumba.

I won't lie, though, I don't really like cardio in general. Give me lifting over cardio any day!

I'm the same way. Strength training is much more my thing, I can track my weights, sets and reps and see how I'm progressing and getting stronger.
    I try to do the same thing with cardio, like try to go a little further each time, but it's just so BORING.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate running! I've tried it and even done a 10k last year and still hated it. I don't mind other forms of cardio like using the rowing machine, walking or dancing. Just no running.
    And I never thought I'd say this, but I've definitely found a love for lifting! I feel completely restless if I miss a lifting day.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I hate running. I tell my BFF the only way I'll run any sort of race is if there is a killer clown behind me and the promise of booze at the end.

Check to see if there is a local chapter of the Hash House Harriers in your area. H3 is a drinking club with a running problem. No clowns behind you (well... none that I'm allowed to divulge) but plenty ahead and around you. A fun and imagintive and always changing course, crazy people running through the streets yelling code words, and, of course, a beer-cache somewhere along the way for a quick chug and then on to the end and on-on to a nearby pub.

IMG_20150516_124536.jpg

• blackwoodla
    blackwoodla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nuh-uh. No way. Running is for emergencies only. If you see me running, you should probably start running, too.

I do like to hike, do power yoga once or 2x week, and circuit training at the gym 2x week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    And this right here is the attitude that just stinks about runners. Well this and the rest of the posts going on about how much they love running and how glad they have more room since we anti-runners aren't out there. Seriously not necessary; take it somewhere else and leave us anti-runners to discuss our alternatives.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtBJQvKK9JDfX0tBcsO5oQJeGWsteANEtbe02wdpZ3DTfNdQqZ

tumblr_mvywk6UOiA1rr883co1_400.gif

maybe you should go for a run and work some of that angst off...
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a 5K this weekend... because you get beer at the end. And there's chili dogs. And no one cares how fast you go. TRIPLE WIN FOR ASHDAWG!!!

Other than that, the only time I run is when I'm being dragged by my fur-beasties. They LOVE running. *grumbles* I like basketball... and dancing... and the elliptical... and boxing. Running sucks!
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i love running until im actually doing it, then im not so sure anymore ;)