Baby Weight

Options
FiDav2704
FiDav2704 Posts: 6 Member
So....the journey begins. My LO is over 6months old and the baby weight needs to go!! I love sweet food too much so it's going to be tough but join with me if you're gonna find it hard work too :)

Replies

• FiDav2704
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about 4stone/50lbs! I've got a FitBit to help me work towards reaching my 10,000 steps a day target!
  • FiDav2704
    Options
    What are you hoping to do/use to help you loose weight?
  • MariaDuic
    MariaDuic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    congrats on your baby!!! It is tough giving up sweets. I actually cut a drastic amount of sugar out of my diet. It wasn't easy but I just did it! I've never felt better and I've lost about 18lbs. Good luck and feel free to friend me.
  • rozeydin
    rozeydin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also on a post baby weight loss mission! Ten kg to loose and a three year old and new baby to keep me busy. Would love to hear of any quick low cal lunch ideas as that's where I really struggle!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing the last bit of baby weight from my third, who's now 13 months. My other two are 6 and 4. I'd like to lose another 20lbs.

I exercise a lot, and have been back at the gym since my 6 week check, as I was with all my children. My eating is generally pretty good, but I went back to work in April, and I've been so busy (I'm a teacher, hubby works shifts, 3 young kids....) that my eating hasn't been as organised and well-planned as it was.

Low calorie lunch ideas....egg on toast, omelette, tuna salad, rice cakes with ham...
  • acd714
    acd714 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! I am looking to lose weight too after my third baby. LO is now 6 months as well and I have to take exercise slow because I am also dealing with a broken ankle, good times, good times.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    FiDav2704 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to lose about 4stone/50lbs! I've got a FitBit to help me work towards reaching my 10,000 steps a day target!

Make some friends in the Fitbit Users group and do Fitbit challenges. They're great motivation—and fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • klangdon815
    klangdon815 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've let this baby weight stay on plus some for far too long. My LO is almost 3!! It needs to go so I can enjoy more time with her doing healthy active adventures!

I need all the motivation I can get! I've tried and not succeeded too many times. This is my last time trying and I WILL SUCCEED!! We all will!

Feel free to friend me.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I ate less and moved more... slowly. My daughter just turned 2, and I'm finally at my goal weight of 120! Having a Fitbit has been a huge motivational tool as well. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Hi all,

I've let this baby weight stay on plus some for far too long. My LO is almost 3!! It needs to go so I can enjoy more time with her doing healthy active adventures!

I need all the motivation I can get! I've tried and not succeeded too many times. This is my last time trying and I WILL SUCCEED!! We all will!

Feel free to friend me.

Do it for your daughter! I go out all the time with my children, they're so active. Also, when they got older they become aware of how people look. I'd hate for them to say 'why are you fat mummy?' My son is just 6, and a year or so ago he pointed to an obese man and sounded genuinely distressed and asked me why the man had such a big tummy.

You can and will succeed this time :)
  • FiDav2704
    Options
    Nailed it! I weighed in this morning and I was 2lbs lighter! Just completed my 10,000 steps for today. Went over my calories on my food diary though :( how did you get on today?
  • Caligirl4soccer
    Caligirl4soccer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost all my baby weight from both kids by hitting 10000 steps or more a day. You can do it.
  • FiDav2704
    Options
    lizskwar wrote: »
    I lost all my baby weight from both kids by hitting 10000 steps or more a day. You can do it.
    amazing!!!
  • FiDav2704
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas for breakfasts which are filling but aren't lots of calories?
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids and down over 80 pound since the last. It was a long process for me, but slow and steady wins the race right? Its a lifestyle change not a quick fix. You got this!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas for breakfasts which are filling but aren't lots of calories?

make sure that you are not TOO focused on limiting your calories. Its the quality of the calorie that is going to help you more than the quantity;)
    Try oatmeal with a couple of eggs.
    I LOVE 8 egg whites, 1/2 sweet potato and sauteed kale for breakfast!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

It depends on your daily calories. I aim for around 1600 calories and my breakfast is usually around 350. My favourite breakfast is a slice of wholemeal toast, 2 poached eggs and some ham. When I have more time I like scrambled egg or omelette, and no bread. That's the most filling breakfast for me.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Lost baby weight in a mum to 3 and its 80% diet 20% exercise. Weigh and measure all foods and liquid you consume log it and exercise for health.
  • julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose the baby weight, now working on weight that was there before babies. I have worked really hard at the exercise thing and can now run 7kilometers( taken me 6 months to get there tho.) :)
  • Smrity
    Smrity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my baby is now coming to 6 weeks and I have actually managed to gain weight over the last 6 weeks despite breastfeeding but that is probably due to the junk I have been eating as cooking has been a massive challenge. I am still recovering from the delivery and have restrictions on exercise. I am feeling blue and obviously exhausted from the sleepless nights and constant demands all day. I am obviously happy about being mom but I think I need to start losing the weight to start feeling like me. I have 45lbs to lose and would appreciate the support of anyone else doing the same at the same time, discussing progress, tips etc. I don't have any of my friends on MFP as everyone is private with their weight goals, so, anyone who would be interested in the virtual support please add me.