Non-gym Success stories

Options
Hi everyone. I've been working out at home for the past 2 months and have lost a significant amount of weight.
I would love to hear success stories of people who have lost weight without going to the gym, so please share your stories with me i would love to read them :)

Replies

• tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I cycle in and out to work - 25 minutes in, 35 minutes home up a moderate hill, 10kms each way. 1 hour cardio each day plus I beat the traffic and I lose weight. Win, win.
  • niharikashukla28
    niharikashukla28 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    thats absolutely great @tomnev1! Best of luck for your goals :)
  • shakeirawhitney
    shakeirawhitney Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, my starting weight was 203lbs when I decided enough was enough and to do something about it. I didn't join a gym, just cut out certain foods and started exercising at home. I began with jillian michaels 30 day shred and progressed to speed walking, jogging and jumping with a weighted rope. I also got some 4lbs dumb bells. So far so good. The last time I stepped on the scale I was 25lbs down. Haven't been on one lately because my time of the month has me extremely bloated so I won't bother until it's done but am still trying to get my exercise in. I still would like to join a gym since I would like to start lifting but have no idea how to but for now I do everyone thing at home.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have just completed t25 at home as well as done a bit of running and have lost 31lbs since February
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thats awesome girls! Well done :)
    i actually despise the gym so i decided i wouldn't join one and instead work out at home.
    I began eating healthy and walk briskly for an hour atleast 4 times a week and dance for half an hour along with strength training with 10lbs and 5 lbs dumbells :)
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    I would love to see some before and after pics too :)
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I workout at home too. I use fitness blender.com . They have an awesome collection of vids. I mainly do weights and for cardio I have a stationary bike. I am just starting out so not much weight loss to show. But I m getting there. :smile:
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    @CJsf1t I use Fitnessblender too sometimes!! They are amazing :)
    and best of luck to u. u will get there soon im sure :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations with your weight loss and staying committed!

I have lost 80 lbs and have been maintaining for over two years. Haven't stepped one foot in a gym.

I workout at home doing exercise dvd's (example: Leslie Sansone, Cathe Friedrich, The FIRM Workouts), Youtube workouts (I love Jessica Smith and Fitness Blender), I walk outdoors, lift weights and I enjoy doing bodyweight exercises.

Of course I had to look at what and how much I was eating as well.

Keep up the good work!

• niharikashukla28
    Options
    @rainbow198 80 lbs is just amazing and that too without stepping foot in a gym!! plus maintaining it for 2 years its absolutely amazing :)
    my routine is almost just like u. Love leslie's walking videos :#
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight losses ladies!

I've lost 90lbs just working out at home and counting calories. I eat between 1500-1800 and my workouts include fitness blender, Jessica Smith, Jillian Michael's dvds, dance fitness with Jessica, running and walking at the track.
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    90 lbs!! woahh!! thats great @chesnity3 :#
    we people who workout at home have such similar workouts :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you @niharikashukla28 and nice job on your 90 lbs loss @chesnity3! How much more are you planning to lose.

It's funny how most of us are doing similar workouts!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I walk and run every day. do aerial yoga for at least an hour 2-3 times a week. I started adding angled pull ups and angled pushups. I could probably used to focus on the abdominal area as well. I want a nice stomach when I lose the layer of fat covering it via my cardio.

I've lost nearly 20lbs since January. I do wish it was more, but slow and steady wins the race
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No gym here and close to the finish line
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm 5'3 and started out at 260 so the range for my height is 141-105. I want to be 130 to have wiggle room to go up if I need to.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    No gym here and close to the finish line
    Me too
  • Stephlamon89
    Stephlamon89 Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I do go to a gym a few days a week . An employee helps me weight train. However I enjoy Dance Fitness With Jessica on YouTube at home. Thought I'd mention that. :-)
    After my son I lost 30+ lbs at home before hitting a road block. I did 30 day shred and walked 3 days a week.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    75 pounds down, and no gym time. The occasional weight lifting session with my roommate's personal trainer, and I walk about two miles a day, 3 to 5 days a week.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, I did it before and in 19 months i dropped 156lbs, i gained 200lbs when I quit smoking replacing that habit with food, I gained some back since then and im back at it now, lost a total of 32lbs in the last 7 weeks for a total of 92lbs lost and 108 left to my goal =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!