Describe your Whoosh Fairy visits

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I dropped down to 187, went up to 189/188 and stayed there for a week and a half...now today I'm 186.

This is why I barely weigh myself. I figure as long as I'm diligent with my logging and maintaining my training schedule, then I'm losing weight. No need to obsess over the scale.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I stalled for like 2 months, then lost over 5 lbs in 2 weeks...stalled another 2 weeks, then lost another 3 lbs in a week...
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I really need this thread right now!
    I just wrote this status on my newsfeed this morning:

"Despite the fact that I feel better and my body looks better, I am getting irritated by the scale! I lost 9.5lbs in one month. That's amazingly good! I realize this is actually normal; that it generally happens at the beginning of your weight loss journey but I'm not gonna lie, the fact that I've only lost 1.3lbs since then (about 2.5 weeks) is very discouraging. Especially since I have lowered my calories and upped my exercise! So I sat down w/ my data and realized that despite the rapid slow down of loss, my overall average is still over 1.5lbs loss a week! That's good news seeing as I had only asked MFP to assist me w/ losing 0.5lbs a week. Some times it takes a sitting back and looking at the WHOLE picture to see how far you've come! So I will keep moving forward and have faith that I will see something more soon. I encourage you to do the same! Have a wonderful day my friends! "

Coincidence? I think not! :)

Keep the stories (and Hot Whoosh Fairy photos) coming!
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was like 204 for 2 weeks, then down to 201, then back up to 204 for a week, then WHOOSH, I got down to 197
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I guess mine came over the weekend, about 2 lbs off since Saturday. I set up a hidden camera and caught a picture of mine. Somehow not so sparkly. :-/

2n2mz6gf5n4s.jpg

I like mine better. :o
  • DoreenaV1975
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I guess mine came over the weekend, about 2 lbs off since Saturday. I set up a hidden camera and caught a picture of mine. Somehow not so sparkly. :-/

2n2mz6gf5n4s.jpg

I like mine better. :o

I like yours better too! Hahahahahahaha!
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bought myself new jeans (29" woooohooo) and they were SUPER tight (sitting was not soooo comfy haha). I put them back in the closet and then decided to put them on 2 days later and it fit way better and the squishy fat at my hips seemed to be gone ...miracles B)
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The whoosh fairy visited me last night, four pounds down, yay!!!!!!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    The whoosh fairy visited me last night, four pounds down, yay!!!!!!

Yay!!! Congrats!! Now will you PLEASE give him my address?!?!?!?
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to come in 5-6 pound increments. Nothing for 12-14 days, then 5 pounds in 3-4 days. Then rinse and repeat.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Every woman will gain some bloat before her period and lose it during. I'm down 4.6lbs this week. Most of that, sadly, is water.

My goal for PMS times is generally just not to gain. If I manage not to gain, I'll drop a ton during and right after my period. :) It evens out.

That's not true.

The whoosh fairy has never, ever visited me...but I don't bloat either.
  • cristydaisylove
    cristydaisylove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. So nice to know I'm not alone. Another cue for me to be patient. Thanks.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    2.6 lbs down overnight. Got off the scale, shoved it around on the floor, got back on. Read 2.8. I put in the 2.6. LOL.
  • PolythenePam910
    PolythenePam910 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is it ok if I change my screen name to Whoosh Fairy?
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been at this about six months and I've lost a little more than 30 pounds so far. For me I spend about 10-15 days averaging around a weight, then I whoosh down about 2-3 lbs and stay there for another 10-15 days. I actually track the stalls and whooshes and make predictions on when my next whoosh will be and how far it will take me. I'm very consistent about what I eat week to week (e.g. I have hibachi chicken on Tuesday for lunch and pizza for dinner on Wednesdays) and how much I exercise. Interestingly enough, my weight loss is fairly predictable. Last week I whooshed down 3 lbs from Sunday to Monday and I've stayed there since. That means I've got about 5-10 more days before my next expected woosh.uz9hti5rlkdb.png
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In mid-May I had a whooosh of 5 pounds over 5 days. Couldn't believe it. Bought a second scale to confirm it.

I had been doing a hell of a lot of bicycling and apparently my body decided it couldn't hang on to that weight anymore.

Of course, there's the other side of the coin....just after the whoosh I hit a plateau for about 3 weeks.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For me it's the week after the end of my period. I lost 3-5 pounds in 5 days every time... then stopped losing until the next period.

Even now that I've been maintaining for a year, I gain a couple pounds when I ovulate (I have massive ovarian cysts, that might account for it), then lose them again the week after my period. But when I skip a period, I keep the extra couple pounds.

Your cysts aren't going to be that big! You'd get torsion injuries on your ovaries if they were, like someone on too much Clomid.

My cysts were 1-6 pounds when they were removed.
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else find they're starving the day before a whoosh? I feel like a bottomless pit the day before. I'm convinced it's my body knowing the whoosh is coming and wanting to maintain homeostasis.
  • medeering14
    medeering14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keith3481 wrote: »
    uz9hti5rlkdb.png

Breaking a veeeeery long hiatus, Keith, to tell you that your use of a Minitab multi stage control chart to log your weight loss has thrilled my nerdy soul. Rock on.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    as for me my weight climbed from 115 to 125 for 2 months ( retaining water from starting exercise) and then all of a sudden I dropped 5 lbs a couple weeks later