Easiest way to lose weight

Options
Eat 3 cups raw plain spinach before you eat anything.I promise you will lose weight, quickly.

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Eat 3 cups raw plain spinach before you eat anything.I promise you will lose weight, quickly.

I'd also lose the will to live so...
  • Cindeeee
    Cindeeee Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Would I lost weight because I'm throwing up so much? Or because I'd lose my appetite?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    This plan is kind of stupid OP and not a long term plan unless you rolling up to a occasion with 3 cups of spinach.
  • shakeirawhitney
    shakeirawhitney Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

I'd also lose the will to live so...

Hahaha. I couldn't help but laugh when I read your response!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

If I had to do that before eating anything I'd never want to eat anything. So yeah I guess it would work.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

If I had to do that before eating anything I'd never want to eat anything. So yeah I guess it would work.

Yeah but with exercise some would net negative calories so this plan is pretty ridiculous.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Yeah but with exercise some would net negative calories so this plan is pretty ridiculous.

That's the joke... :P

And if you never ate anything you wouldn't need to exercise to get negative calories!
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    ... and why does this work exactly?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    As long as I top it with hot bacon dressing, I'm in!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    So eat that along with 2 large King Arthur's Round Table pizzas a day? Okay I'm in.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• yopeeps025
    Options
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    ... and why does this work exactly?

OP thinks spinach is a superfood.
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So eat that along with 2 large King Arthur's Round Table pizzas a day? Okay I'm in.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

^^^ This ^^^

But I'm still intrigued. LOL!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Even faster, take a dose of milk of magnesia before eating anything. Saves time spent on chewing.

Seriously, OP?
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    *high five*

• jeffpettis
    Options
    So is the spinach supposed to negate any calories I eat after eating the spinach?

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    eatgoodeat wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    *high five*

Hot bacon dressing also gives a dose of magical apple cider vinegar. I need to sell this diet plan!

• MissAmyx
    MissAmyx Posts: 48 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

They did say "before you eat anything and you will lose weight"

So I'm off to find Popeye's supplier and a KFC Family bucket...I'll eat the spinach then the chicken and just watch the fat vanish before my eyes....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    MissAmyx wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

They did say "before you eat anything and you will lose weight"

So I'm off to find Popeye's supplier and a KFC Family bucket...I'll eat the spinach then the chicken and just watch the fat vanish before my eyes....

LOL!

Now I can eat as much cheesecake as I want..... :D
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    So is the spinach supposed to negate any calories I eat after eating the spinach?

I'm guessing:

1) The amount of volume you eat (3 cups of spinach is a lot by anyone's standards) means you end up eating less overall afterwards
    2) The spinach is very low calorie and coupled with 1 means less overall calories
    3) You get bored of eating by the time you get through eating the spinach and again coupled with 1 & 2 means less overall calories
    4) The idea of having to eat 3 cups of spinach at every meal means you end up avoiding eating altogether as much as possible