Easiest way to lose weight

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    So is the spinach supposed to negate any calories I eat after eating the spinach?

I'm guessing:

1) The amount of volume you eat (3 cups of spinach is a lot by anyone's standards) means you end up eating less overall afterwards
    2) The spinach is very low calorie and coupled with 1 means less overall calories
    3) You get bored of eating by the time you get through eating the spinach and again coupled with 1 & 2 means less overall calories
    4) The idea of having to eat 3 cups of spinach at every meal means you end up avoiding eating altogether as much as possible

I took his question as a joke because I am sure he might know how much volume 3 cups of spinach is.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    So is the spinach supposed to negate any calories I eat after eating the spinach?

I'm guessing:

1) The amount of volume you eat (3 cups of spinach is a lot by anyone's standards) means you end up eating less overall afterwards
    2) The spinach is very low calorie and coupled with 1 means less overall calories
    3) You get bored of eating by the time you get through eating the spinach and again coupled with 1 & 2 means less overall calories
    4) The idea of having to eat 3 cups of spinach at every meal means you end up avoiding eating altogether as much as possible

Makes perfect sense...

• jeffpettis
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I'm guessing:

I took his question as a joke because I am sure he might know how much volume 3 cups of spinach is.

LOL! Yes, it was a joke. Just like eating three cups of spinach before every meal...

• maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I love spinach. Especially the canned cooked stuff. Yummy slimy goodness!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

I'm guessing:

this
    well, I love spinach so not so much the last two but I bet that he was implying the top two in his very not great post
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I'm guessing:

You're probably right but when you've seen people, with a straight face, recommend eating baby food or even pet food as a dieting strategy (which I have seen over the years in different places) you never eliminate the possibility the person is serious...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Eat 3 cups raw plain spinach before you eat anything.I promise you will lose weight, quickly.

According to your profile...you have lost 0lbs.

Seriously???

• jeffpettis
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Eat 3 cups raw plain spinach before you eat anything.I promise you will lose weight, quickly.

According to your profile...you have lost 0lbs.

Seriously???

You win the interwebz!

...for today.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I'm guessing:

You're probably right but when you've seen people, with a straight face, recommend eating baby food or even pet food as a dieting strategy (which I have seen over the years in different places) you never eliminate the possibility the person is serious...

I must including myself in this. We( maybe not you) have done some pretty outrageous things for weight loss.

My very first attempt was I ate one footlong sub from subway everyday. I lost 25 pounds in 5 weeks. That didn't last too long after the 5 weeks.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    3 cups of spinach at every meal would probably give me enough iron to make me very sick after a while. No thanks, lol.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love spinach. I make spinach-protein smoothies for breakfast where i take 170g (~6cups) of spinach, scoop of chocolate protein powder, and water and blend them in my BlendTec. Sometimes I add berries. It's delicious and usually keeps me from being hungry the first half of the day.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit queasy at the thought of eating that much spinach, so it's working for me and I didn't even have to try it. Good work OP.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

I'm guessing:

Except I ate a Cobb salad with 4 cups of spinach just last night. I'm not clear on whether this negates the blue cheese dressing or if I had to eat the spinach first and then drink the dressing.

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I'm guessing:

I must including myself in this. We( maybe not you) have done some pretty outrageous things for weight loss.

My very first attempt was I ate one footlong sub from subway everyday. I lost 25 pounds in 5 weeks. That didn't last too long after the 5 weeks.

Oh, I've done plenty of dumb things when dieting, believe me...

The things that eluded me were consistency and patience. Once I had those down it was surprisingly simple to do.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    edited to say this doesn't seem feasible
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm Popeye the sailor man...oh, no? Okay nm
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I had to look and see if this was in "Chit chat"... nope "general".
    Poy eye.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I love spinach! Begone, spinach haters!

lol
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dude. No.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I love spinach! Begone, spinach haters!

lol

No hate for spinach here. Just can't eat 9 cups a day, hehe.