Non-gym Success stories

Options

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I do go to the gym now but the before and after pic I am posting was achieved before I joined the gym. I lost 100lbs without a gym or fancy diet plan, pill, method ect.
    tripleshot_zps65609bf6.jpg

Oh and I have kept it off for almost 3yrs. I joined the gym in Nov of last year to get muscles for the Thor costume in my profile pic.
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    TNoire wrote: »
    I workout at home, I did it before and in 19 months i dropped 156lbs, i gained 200lbs when I quit smoking replacing that habit with food, I gained some back since then and im back at it now, lost a total of 32lbs in the last 7 weeks for a total of 92lbs lost and 108 left to my goal =)

Wow that's awesome! Hw many cals you eat a day?
  • niharikashukla28
    niharikashukla28 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    i'm so happy to see all you ladies lose so much weight without a gym. You all are my inspiration :)
    @triciab79 your transformation is absolutely amazing!! U look great :)
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    ive lost 23lbs as of now without going to the gym! still have another 23lbs to go
    SW- 189 lbs
    CW- 166 lbs
    GW-143 lbs
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
  • 13muthonikimani
    13muthonikimani Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    tmgnkygne4j0.jpg

Amazing job!! :)

When I started losing weight I did join a gym but felt very self conscious and didn't reach my full potential. I also found working on the machines really dull and repetitive. I discovered I enjoyed yoga and dancing and started running. I'm very slow, only run about 30 minutes three times a week but I enjoy doing it wholeheartedly, it's not a chore. I love love love yoga and dancing, I got home dvds and follow youtube tutorials, I look forward to coming home and exercising every day. I've lost more weight in the last 2 months without a gym membership than I did in 6 months with one.

I think it's a matter of finding what you love and doing what works for you.

Congratulations on the inspiring weight loss again!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    tmgnkygne4j0.jpg

Awesome! You look great ! :smiley:
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thank u guys :)
    and @13muthonikimani i love dancing too! doesn't feel like working out at all :)
    congratulations on your weight loss :#
  • 13muthonikimani
    13muthonikimani Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I walk and run every day. do aerial yoga for at least an hour 2-3 times a week. I started adding angled pull ups and angled pushups. I could probably used to focus on the abdominal area as well. I want a nice stomach when I lose the layer of fat covering it via my cardio.

I've lost nearly 20lbs since January. I do wish it was more, but slow and steady wins the race

Aerial yoga sounds amazing!
  • mymadfatdiary94
    mymadfatdiary94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    tmgnkygne4j0.jpg
    girllll you look amazing
  • vanessasaurousrex
    vanessasaurousrex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out. I have started doing 1 hour roller blading 3-4 times per week because that is the only exercise I know how to do. Any advise?
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    The big ones for me are walking / riding a bike. They are easy to do and great for burning calories.
  • vanessasaurousrex
    vanessasaurousrex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    JMC3Terp wrote: »
    The big ones for me are walking / riding a bike. They are easy to do and great for burning calories.
    I can walk and bike aswell. I am just intimidated by "working out" never been to the gym or done anything other than biking, walking or roller blading.
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    @vanessalungaro i walk briskly for an hour atleast 4 times a week. You can start with walking. it helps a lot. Also there are a lot of dance workouts available on youtube. I personally do Keaira Lashae's videos. youtube is great for finding workouts. Find what u like and start doing it :)
  • mimigingerbread
    mimigingerbread Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    40 pounds since January by eating more carefully and fitnessblender workouts. 5 days a week for usually around 30 min a day.
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thats great @mimigingerbread :) keep up the good work ;)
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories in check and walk/ run 5 or so times a week-- mostly walking and picking up to a run in intervals as I feel like my body can do it. That's pretty much my only exercise (started at 2 miles a day... Now up to 4-5 miles a day) I've lost 35 lbs in 4 months. :)
  • teahlee123
    teahlee123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pounds (some before MFP) doing the 30 day shred, walking 2-6 miles a day with my dog (depends on the weather), and now have just started fitnessblender HIIT workouts, which are in my opinion fantastic!
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    @tesemarie and @teahlee123 thats great!! great weight loss :)
    @teahlee123 i saw your before after in another discussion u look great girl! noticible difference. Our body structure looks kinda same
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!