what do you tell yourself when you want to overeat?

Options

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    "You're not hungry! Step away from the <insert unnecessary food here>."
  • karenalyssa9
    karenalyssa9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I want to overeat I remind myself of how awful I felt the last time I did it. That usually works for me.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    "Don't"
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    "Don't give up what you want most for what you want right now"

This little platitude gets me through cravings sometimes. Also, I tell myself it has boogers in it. Seriously. Anything to make it unappetizing!

I also look it up in the food database. If I can fit it into my macros, great. If I can't, I move on. Sometimes, if it's on a day I'm not tracking, I ask myself, "Would I eat this if I was tracking today?" If the answer is no, I either skip it altogether or just have a small piece.

Indulging every once in a while won't put you off your goals as long as you're on point a vast majority of the time. I know it's kept me sane!
  • Jayblonde96
    Jayblonde96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tell myself If I overeat I will have to find a way to burn the calories off. It usually works for me!
  • HarleyQuinn34
    HarleyQuinn34 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i think about how much extra time i'd have to go to the gym to work off the extra calories. that usually does it for me. If i still want it after that, i try to find a low calorie alternative- for example the other day i wanted ice cream- so i tried to talk myself out of it, but i still really wanted it. So, I went to the store and bought 35 cal Popsicles - not exactly ice cream but it was cold and sweet and satisfied me
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Stop it. Just stop it. Or I punch myself in the junk. My appetite goes away pretty quickly after that.

Now there's dedication.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror. Then I puff out my stomach and say "and if you eat that you will look like this" and then I say to myself screw it. have a cup of tea. chew gum.
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just ask myself what I want, this chocolate or a better body that fits better in my clothing. It's pretty obvious at that point. Also, if you tell yourself you have been working so hard and it would go to waste by constantly overeating bad things then it helps too.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    “There are two types of pain you will go through in life, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tonnes.”

― Jim Rohn

I actually think that to myself, and it works for me
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    “There are two types of pain you will go through in life, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tonnes.”

― Jim Rohn

I actually think that to myself, and it works for me
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just keep thinking "Music video" (I am cast in one that will be shooting in the fall) and I want to look just as good as the other girls in the video!
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think --must look great in my wedding dress! Oh, and must have a flat stomach for the beach/pool!
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat it then fit it into my weekly allowance. I'm an intermittent craver and know I won't binge, so have no problem with satisfying a desire. Plus, I usually exercise enough to allow for eating what I like, within reason. Placing severe restrictions on myself would be counter productive.
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Quit it"

It seems to work for those minor incidents but if it's bordering on insanity I have to remind myself how awful I felt when I started this and that seems to help.
  • Suzmp88
    Suzmp88 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have several techniques with about an 80% success rate:
    1. I imagine my mom's cold glare of disappointment.
    2. I imagine that the food was contaminated with spider or roach eggs, or worms.
    3. I pretend to be snobby by thinking "OMG Gross" and dramatically walk away.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tell myself

I can wear whatever I want or I can eat whatever I want.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Is it really worth all those extra set of squats :/
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was REALLY craving cannoli's, my hubby went to the bakery and got them, I put in an extra 30 minutes of exercise. Normally, if I see junk in the store and I want it, I look at the calories, and they are very high so that makes me walk away and find something else that's sweet but much better for me.