Non-gym Success stories

Options
13»

Replies

• jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I lift weights at home following stronglifts 5x5. It has transformed my body unlike any other workout I have ever done.
  • teahlee123
    teahlee123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @niharikashukla28 Thank you!!! I see you are making fantastic progress as well, keep up the great work! We will be at goal before you know it:)
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb 2012, weighed around 196lbs. I lost my first two stone by "walking" on my wii fit. I then incorporated DVDs to do at home with the occasional cross trainer session. I haven't been to the gym once during my weight loss. In total i've lost arond 6 stone just by watching what I eat.

Before;

me2.jpg

Now;

6665c541-7dde-45c6-a119-0606a24472a4.jpg
  • niharikashukla28
    niharikashukla28 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    wow @laineybz U look fantastic! Great job :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Other than the occasional hotel gym when travelling, I've never set foot in a gym. I'm halfway to goal (15 lbs down).
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. Don't have a true "before" on this computer, but I was 162lbs. Now 140lbs. 15 more lbs to go....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    JMC3Terp wrote: »
    The big ones for me are walking / riding a bike. They are easy to do and great for burning calories.
    I can walk and bike aswell. I am just intimidated by "working out" never been to the gym or done anything other than biking, walking or roller blading.

These are great forms of exercise!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I walk and run every day. do aerial yoga for at least an hour 2-3 times a week. I started adding angled pull ups and angled pushups. I could probably used to focus on the abdominal area as well. I want a nice stomach when I lose the layer of fat covering it via my cardio.

I've lost nearly 20lbs since January. I do wish it was more, but slow and steady wins the race

Aerial yoga sounds amazing!

I truly love it. if I weren't already engaged, I might propose to it :wink:
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    TNoire wrote: »
    I workout at home, I did it before and in 19 months i dropped 156lbs, i gained 200lbs when I quit smoking replacing that habit with food, I gained some back since then and im back at it now, lost a total of 32lbs in the last 7 weeks for a total of 92lbs lost and 108 left to my goal =)

Wow that's awesome! Hw many cals you eat a day?

between 1200-1400 and i give myself a cheat day once a week to eat whatever and those days I usually consume between 1400-1800, I also do low carb 120 or less per day but high protein and I eat a bunch of veggies and fruits, I workout for 1hr on my treadmill or I do a mix of my biggest loser circuit training and treadmill either way 1hr everyday for workouts taking one day off every week! =D

• carlstokes8
    carlstokes8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have Just started around June 1st 2015 I have 200 lbs to loose. I found a slightly used urban rebounder for $40.00 its a mini trampoline just now starting to be able to do 20 minutes at a time. I have lost 15 lbs since the first of the month with 5 this week. At work I can go hide during break I go somewhere private and bonce not Jump for about 15 minutes and wiggle and shake as fast as I can and get a sweat going and breath as fast as I can also. Check back with me next week I think my weight loss will be real good one. I will weigh again July 1st...
  • GonzoMan530
    GonzoMan530 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't care for gyms. Between the having to drive, change, fight for equipment and then shower, change and drive home, it really isn't for me, especially where I have a toddler at home to take care of. I use the app, I watch what I eat and at about the cost of a gym membership, I purchased a lot of stuff on craigslist and made my own gym in the basement:

Standard 200# plate set with bars and useless bench -$50
    First useful weight bench: $60
    Power Cage w pull up bar and weight bench: traded it for an old Xbox, true story.
    310# of Olympic plates with bar - $180
    Another 310# of plates with Olympic bar and hex bar and weight rack: $280
    Reflex bag/gloves - $25....but I broke it
    Heavy Bag w/stand and speed bag: $100
    Shieck Powerlifting belt - $100
    wrist straps (because my right wrist is a mess) -$15

The comfort of working out whenever I want, never having to jostle for equipment or be hassled for deadlifting, squatting, rowing and blasting heavy metal?....priceless

Since September, I've dropped just a hair over 80# and I've never felt better.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Nice @GonzoMan530 ! I just invested into a NordicTrack Treadmill myself on sale for $599, and I have Biggest loser dvds also for circuit training :)
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs so far with eating properly and short workouts at home only.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out. I have started doing 1 hour roller blading 3-4 times per week because that is the only exercise I know how to do. Any advise?

if you like roller blade then roller blade. I primarily cycle...I only use the gym for the weight room...there's nothing magical about a gym, it just happens to be a place with a lot of equipment....but there's nothing magical about said equipment.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I found when I first started out that taming my diet and exercising at the same time was a bit too much. I would be so very hungry after a work out that I would sabotage my diet. I think for people like me just increasing your daily activity until you get your diet under control is the way to go. I accomplished this by parking further away, taking the stairs, dancing in my car to music, playing with my kids when I take them to the park instead of just watching (or playing on my phone), basically just moving whenever I found myself still.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!