Unexpected things while jogging/running

Options

Replies

• sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I encountered a fainting goat. Before this run I didn't know that was a "thing." I was pretty certain I literally scared the goal to death. I was happy to realize he was alive on my way back and later googled "fainting goat." I don't know how I was the last one to learn about this craziness!
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ran past a guy who was jogging in boxers, the kind with a single button fly. It was not buttoned, and all of his junk was hanging out, flapping in the wind. I ran away, faster.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I was running around a university campus on a Sunday early morning. First I spotted a bra, then a used condom, and a little further down the walk a dirty baby diaper -- kinda like she took off her bra, the guy got lucky, and they had the baby all in the space of a half mile. I have been chased by geese and almost hit be deer running across the road.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I run at 5:00 a.m., Always have plenty of reflective clothing and a flashlight. One morning I almost ran into a guy pushing a baby stroller. It was pitch black outside and about 45 degrees (WTH). To this day I wonder if there was a baby in that stroller. He never said a word. Scared the crap out of me.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I was on a treadmill next to a guy that was running super fast at the gym. He paused his workout to grab a towel and another guy that thought he was done stepped on and pressed start. You can guess what happened next....he went flying backward and I couldn't stop laughing :D
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    An odd one: I was biking in the countryside and had to stop on a little-used road just after cresting a hill to adjust something. I saw a car that was stopped in the road. They saw me, backed up several hundred yards, deposited something in the middle of the road, and then continued driving. I got back on my bike at about the same time. Driver and I exchanged what's-up? head nods. I passed what they deposited - it looked kind of like a dry-cell battery or a small box of some kind - but it didn't seem wise to slow down to inspect it. I haven't heard of any mischief in the news so I don't think it was anything harmful. WTH?
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    An odd one: I was biking in the countryside and had to stop on a little-used road just after cresting a hill to adjust something. I saw a car that was stopped in the road. They saw me, backed up several hundred yards, deposited something in the middle of the road, and then continued driving. I got back on my bike at about the same time. Driver and I exchanged what's-up? head nods. I passed what they deposited - it looked kind of like a dry-cell battery or a small box of some kind - but it didn't seem wise to slow down to inspect it. I haven't heard of any mischief in the news so I don't think it was anything harmful. WTH?

Super weird!!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I usually have at least one battle with "is it just a fart?"
    I lol'd
    Mostly because I can relate

Options

Oops, didn't see that!

I was just shamelessly promoting one of my old threads. I promise it's okay.
    One of the best threads ever on MFP. Reminds me that I've been neglectful in logging my bugs eaten recently. No wonder I've plateaued.
  • Winterlover123
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I lol'd

I lol'd, too :P Until I realized I chose to be a jogger, who goes on a path with no rest stop. I am not excited for that inevitable day!
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I lol'd

I lol'd, too :P Until I realized I chose to be a jogger, who goes on a path with no rest stop. I am not excited for that inevitable day!
    It will happen. It's a right of passage.

• Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My shorts fell down lol...sorry not sorry. :D

hqheqkjruwco.gif

Hope you had panties on
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My shorts fell down lol...sorry not sorry. :D

hqheqkjruwco.gif

Hope you had panties on
    giphy.gif
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I've been chased by deer, and a badger once, have seen numerous cattle and horses having sex, and had a farmer pull a shotgun on me for trespassing on "his road"...
  • Winterlover123
    Options
    I've been chased by deer, and a badger once, have seen numerous cattle and horses having sex, and had a farmer pull a shotgun on me for trespassing on "his road"...

Oh my! How.. exciting!.. :worried:
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Gnats. Running through a swarm of gnats. :s
    Spiderwebs.
    Dead animals (almost stepped on a completely eaten squirrel yesterday. Only bones were left, but like still all put together.) - Thankfully no human bodies.
    Gators hanging out on banks.
    Snakes.

When I run with my dogs I usually see bunnies or some small animal run into the woods. My dogs want to chase it...a few times I've been nearly pulled into the woods in hot pursuit.

Running outside in Florida is never a dull moment. This is all in a well developed neighborhood. If I was running on trails I'd have to add boars to the list and they are scary. I'd rather spot a gator than a boar.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I was running in a path that goes around the baseball fields, when I rounded a corner I could see a car that was rocking back and forth. I was in the zone and did want to stop so I just kept my eyes on the ground and kept running. But the closer I came the louder they were. My curiosity for the best of me and I glanced up to just see an *kitten* in the air and the dude behind. He just smiled all big and gave me a thumbs up. I panicked and gave him a thumbs up back. It was so weird.
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Saw a big dead fish on a trail last year. Whole, looked pretty fresh. No body of water for a few miles... Maybe an eagle dropped it??
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I was running in a path that goes around the baseball fields, when I rounded a corner I could see a car that was rocking back and forth. I was in the zone and did want to stop so I just kept my eyes on the ground and kept running. But the closer I came the louder they were. My curiosity for the best of me and I glanced up to just see an *kitten* in the air and the dude behind. He just smiled all big and gave me a thumbs up. I panicked and gave him a thumbs up back. It was so weird.

And how many times have you been back since lol
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    He just smiled all big and gave me a thumbs up. I panicked and gave him a thumbs up back. It was so weird.

I literally just laughed out loud at work and had to turn it into a coughing fit. My cover is blown, break over. :lol: