What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Sully16
    Sully16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My husband recently deployed overseas for a year long tour which has me feeling all sorts of emotions. My awesome co-workers gave me flowers and an eclair to help cheer me up. Anyone who knows me, knows that I 1.) am an emotional eater and 2.) love eclairs. The other day I was feeling very lonely and sad and had thoughts to just eat that entire eclair up. Instead, I got up and threw it in the trash can. I felt bad because someone spent money on it for me, but the last thing I need to do is eat it because of that. This was a huge victory for me because normally I would have eaten the eclair which would have triggered more cravings for similar things and I would have gone on a binge session.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    down another jeans size today!!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My tight pj shorts are loose. I will need some more! No more large pj shorts!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Sully16 wrote: »
    My husband recently deployed overseas for a year long tour which has me feeling all sorts of emotions. My awesome co-workers gave me flowers and an eclair to help cheer me up. Anyone who knows me, knows that I 1.) am an emotional eater and 2.) love eclairs. The other day I was feeling very lonely and sad and had thoughts to just eat that entire eclair up. Instead, I got up and threw it in the trash can. I felt bad because someone spent money on it for me, but the last thing I need to do is eat it because of that. This was a huge victory for me because normally I would have eaten the eclair which would have triggered more cravings for similar things and I would have gone on a binge session.

Just saying, if it were me who bought the eclair, I'd understand. Mojo to the husband, hoping his deployment is a smooth one.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Went to the Dr. Yesterday for a sinus infection gone awry. Took my BP, 112/80. For a 35yo very overweight female? I'll take it!
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So I had a really busy week with a major deadline yesterday and 2 dinner/drinks out. Another dinner out today for my dad's birthday. So, I don't think I've lost weight this week (haven't weighed in yet). But I did manage to do my 2 regular strength work outs, got in a walk every day and I noticed I am getting a teeny tiny thigh gap.
    I loved my legs the way they were, and this certainly wasn't a goal, but I love that is shows my body is changing and putting in the work pays of :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I looked in my closet this morning and realized I love wearing almost everything my wardrobe. (and decided to get rid of the couple of things I don't)
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have put on almost 5 kg since September. Partly cause I've focused more on weights than anything. I'm trying to ignore the scale and focus more on measurements etc. But the truth is I'm 5kg up.

Well today I was walking into work with a staff member who joined my job in March. She was telling me that I've lost weight since she started. I know this not to be true. I explained to her that I've put on weight, so it's probably the loss of "fat" as a result of recompositioning that she's noticing.

The scale sucks. Don't believe everything it tells you.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lost another inch in my thigh butt area and half an inch on my hips. I really need to buy a new pair of mini goal jeans that are a size down in my everyday jeans cause my last goal size fit perfect right out of the wash and are almost too loose on day 2 of wear. I am excited that I am in single digits now for jeans, fully and completely!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    kdz526 wrote: »
    Lost another inch in my thigh butt area and half an inch on my hips. I really need to buy a new pair of mini goal jeans that are a size down in my everyday jeans cause my last goal size fit perfect right out of the wash and are almost too loose on day 2 of wear. I am excited that I am in single digits now for jeans, fully and completely!

Nice work. I look forward to buying new clothes some day as well.
  • adolphsem
    adolphsem Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I noticed veins popping out of my forearms for the first time ever. I can't stop flexing my forearms now.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    adolphsem wrote: »
    Yesterday I noticed veins popping out of my forearms for the first time ever. I can't stop flexing my forearms now.

:D
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    twiigo wrote: »
    I didn't bog down the treadmill when I walked on it today. Lol Walk/ran 45 minutes straight!!

When I started in 2014 I could Stall the treadmill if I tried to run on it. Most of the Online Video Accidents with treadmills involves people stepping off the side or getting tossed off the back. I would Stall the belt and launch myself over the control panel. Funny in hind sight - not so at the time. Now I just run outside rain, snow doesn't matter.

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I caught my two girls ages 5 and 3 using my grandmother's old ankle 1lb weights she used after knee surgery. They were doing bicep curls and counting. I asked what they were doing and they said "lifting weights like you, mommy". This totally reinforces staying positive about my body and the way I address my health. Behavior and habits trickle down and I want the things I pass on to be about health and happiness :)

I love this! My daughter (3 and a half years old) basically assumes if either my husband is or I am out of the house, that we are out running. I want that to just be normal!
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Today I finished C25k! I could not have imagined it two months ago, feels so good. C210k is next!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I caught my two girls ages 5 and 3 using my grandmother's old ankle 1lb weights she used after knee surgery. They were doing bicep curls and counting. I asked what they were doing and they said "lifting weights like you, mommy". This totally reinforces staying positive about my body and the way I address my health. Behavior and habits trickle down and I want the things I pass on to be about health and happiness :)

I love this! My daughter (3 and a half years old) basically assumes if either my husband is or I am out of the house, that we are out running. I want that to just be normal!

That's such an awesome example to set for your kids. :)
  • LindsayJeannn
    LindsayJeannn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can see my collarbones now. :) Shorts that used to be too tight are also now literally falling off...it's a shame they were so cute. :/
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Today I finished C25k! I could not have imagined it two months ago, feels so good. C210k is next!
    Congrats! I'm starting week 3 today and have a 5k set up for late August. I'm already impressed by anyone who has gotten past this! It's no joke already!

My NSV is that I cleaned out my closet, at least of things I KNEW didn't fit. I had almost an entire laundry basket full! Granted, that speaks more to the volume of clothes I own, but it felt good to be like, "okay, anything this size or above can go because I KNOW it's too big!"

Now, I think I literally have one pair of jeans that kind of fit (a bit snug). Thank goodness it's summer and way too hot anyway!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    My husband grabbed arms and said that they were much slimmer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!