Bored with current snack rotation-inspire and be inspired

Options
In most cases I enter my daily food intake ahead of time starting with bedtime snack so it's never carrots. LOL. I incorporate snacks 3 times a day between meals. I'm bored with my current list of snacks or lunch side dishes.

I'm sharing my usual list in hopes others will do the same and we can all find something new to try!

-3 mini sweet peppers with 1 wedge laughing cow garlic herb cheese
-plain chobani greek yogurt with 1/8 cup pistachios and a touch of honey (my dad's a bee keeper :))
-1 small apple with a slice of sargento thin cheddar cheese
-1 or 2 trader joes graham cracker sheets with 1/2 tb JIF natural pb
-Trader Joe's 4% milkfat cottage cheese (plain or with raspberries or 1/2 a fresh peach)
-1 cup kashi go lean cereal with almond milk
-1/2 cup Trader Joes steamed lentils with cucumber, tomato, feta and red wine vinegar
-think thin or quest bar
-Quest vanilla protein shake
-raw almonds and a Trader Joe's lite cheese stick

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Snacks?

Pulls up sleeves

Fab ice lolly - 90 cals, Mars ice cream - 140 cals, Snickers ice cream - 178 cals, Solero - 90 cals
    Quavers - 90 cals, Walkers Melted - 85 cals
    Toast, cottage cheese, avocado and tomato - 180 cals
    Toast, egg white,spinach, mushroom, cheddar, black pepper - 200 cals
    Red pepper, carrot, popchips, hummus - 200 cals
    Babybel - 68 cals
    jam doughnut - 230 cals
    2 x Oreos (106 cals), 2 x fruit shortcake (76 cals)
    Apple. 72 cals
    170g 0% fat Greek yogurt and 150g raspberries - 150 cals (18g protein, 10g fibre)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...my snacks are mostly boring these days:

Apples
    Plums
    Sunflower seeds
    Noosa Yoghurt
    Tillamook Ice Cream
    Individually wrapped cookies
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    my snacks are usually a prepackaged piece of extra sharp cheddar or a pear or Greek yogurt. sometimes 150 calories of chips and salsa
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My favorite current snack is 4 Brazil nuts and 2 Mejool dates taken in alternating bites;-) an amazing taste sensation if chewed together slowly!
    Satisfying too.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my most common snack.
    Carrots
    Granola bar
    Dark chocolate
    Trail mix or chex mix... Sometimes mixed together.
    Fruit
    Cheese
    Rarely 2 cookies, ice cream or something like that
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My favorite current snack is 4 Brazil nuts and 2 Mejool dates taken in alternating bites;-) an amazing taste sensation if chewed together slowly!
    Satisfying too.

I keep meaning to buy dates to make a few homemade granola bars. They're pretty high in carbs and sugar right? I love almonds with craisins so this sounds right up my alley.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter...less than 100 cals so if I have two I don't feel overwhelmed yet it kinda tastes like a Reece's cup!
  • BeFitBri2
    BeFitBri2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani Flips yogurt. Okay, no. I take that back . I LOVE, ADORE, CRAVE, CHERISH Chobani Flips!! The Coco Loco, Peach w/ Pistachio and Key Lime Crumble flavors are incredible. I've yet to try the other flavors but I'm working on it.(: Banana with peanut butter, 2 oz single serve Wholly Guacamole with yellow/orange bell peppers julienned, turkey jerky, Cinnamon and/or dark chocolate roasted almonds..God I love food.
  • melissagreen2
    melissagreen2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal w/Almond Milk
    Starburst Sorbet Bars
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars in Cinnamon Coffee Cake
    Sensible Portions Veggie Straws in Zesty Ranch
    Quaker Pops in either chocolate or caramel
    Greek Yogurt (my fave is Dannon Light N Fit Greek in Strawberry Banana) with Fiber One Protein Cereal sprinkled on top
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Beef Jerky - low cal with tons of protein
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mmm Snacks, here's a bunch of ideas with some rough calorie estimates.
    2 mini pepperoni sticks ~100-130 calories
    2 digestives type cookies ~ 100 calories
    25 grams of cheezies ~ 150 calories
    Half bag of turkey jerky ~ 120 calories
    Cup of berries with a smidge of whipped cream ~ 100 calories
    Teeny package of yogurt covered raisins ~ 130 calories
    Half a grocery store checkout type of chocolate bar ~150 calories
    2 squares of good dark chocolate ~100 calories
    Fudgesicle ~130 calories
    Hard candy ~ 10-20 calories each
    Kale chips
    Cantaloupe and cottage cheese
    Pretty much any piece of fruit and a cheese stick
    Nuts/trail mix
    Carrots, celery and hummus dip

• bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    eelamme wrote: »
    Chocolate rice cakes with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter...less than 100 cals so if I have two I don't feel overwhelmed yet it kinda tastes like a Reece's cup!

Chocolate rice cakes...never tried those. Thx!
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite! I eat it just about every day!! It tastes like ice cream. The peanut butter or pb2 is certainly not necessary and you can substitute any fruit/ berries instead of pb2 and cocoa as the frozen banana is the base....

1 frozen banana (just cut in in 1 inch sections and then freeze. I do 7 or 8 of them at a time and freeze in separate ziplock bags).
    Chop it up in a food processor until very small chunks...(it's loud but worth it!)

Then add:
    1-2 tsp cocoa
    1 tablespoon of pb2 (dehydrated peanut butter. If you don't like peanut butter stuff you certainly don't need it...
    1/8ish cup milk or milk substitute just to help blend

Blend it all up! It'll be the consistence of ice cream! It's amazing and you can eat all of it for about 160ish calories . I have also done it with banana, strawberries, milk and a touch of vanilla. Also great and a huge hit with my kids. (I prefer the cocoa and pb2 since it satisfies my sweets craving!)
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOTS of great ideas; thanks for the posts ...
  • melissawarg
    melissawarg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    bmchenry02 wrote: »
    Satisfying too.

I keep meaning to buy dates to make a few homemade granola bars. They're pretty high in carbs and sugar right? I love almonds with craisins so this sounds right up my alley.

Yes, but a little bit adds tons of flavorful sweetness and richness!
    I always thought I hated them but my daughter persuaded me to try them and I love them! Just weigh them and fit them in!
  • 1966spen
    1966spen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a lot of iced lollies. Mini versions of favourites all about 50 call each. Fab, twister, random, refreshers and mini cornettos. Also popcorn and tortilla chips with jalapeños (out of a jar).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruit, fruit and more fruit.

Tis the season!!
    bmchenry02 wrote: »
    Satisfying too.

Everything is better with Craisins. :)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Carmel corn rice cakes with light cool whip.