If Everyday Were Like Today, You Would Weigh....

Options
13»

Replies

• bird922
    bird922 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ignore it.

Good Dog.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    By "If every day were like today" is based on the number of calories only. It doesn't look at the kinds of foods you ate. It is simple math as others have indicated.

Mine is always way off, but usually it indicates I will weigh more than I end up weighing when the fifth week actually rolls around.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    On May 17th I took note of what that little message said..."If everday were like today you will weigh 196.3 in 5 weeks"...five weeks would bring us to June 22nd...on Monday, which was only June 4th I weighed in at 195.9. So I have already reached the weight that it was predicted that I would weigh 2 1/2 weeks from now. :drinker:

How great it would be if it always worked like that! However, as we all know, there are these little things called plateaus...I have sometimes gone 3 weeks weighing exactly the same even though "everday was like today". :grumble:

So no, I don't really pay attention to that little message...it is just sometimes fun to keep track and see how right, or wrong, the prediction was. Anything that keeps me focused on my weight loss plan has to be good. :wink:

Cheers everyone...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    all lies
  • Teanei
    Teanei Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I read it just because. Everyday is never the same for me. So after reading it I just forget about it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    That thing doesn't make any sense. If every day were like today then I'd wake up every morning weighing exactly the same amount. I could even kidnap a groundhog and drive off a cliff with it and still wake up the next morning like none of it happened.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work but sure is motivational for me

I would say this. :-)

^^ ditto
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was curious of this. So I actually marked a day in my calendar on June 18th (which was exactly 5 weeks ahead at the time) asking if I was that weight yet. My calories fluctuated from my goal from 50-150 over at times and when June 18th came around I had only missed that little goal by 1.5 pounds over the prediction. To me... I thought that was pretty darn close!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    tenie83 wrote: »
    I read it just because. Everyday is never the same for me. So after reading it I just forget about it.

Necropost much?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    tenie83 wrote: »

Necropost much?

It's only three years old :smile:
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Well in three years, you'd think MFP would have changed it to "if every week were like this week", which would probably offer a more accurate prediction.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    That thing doesn't make any sense. If every day were like today then I'd wake up every morning weighing exactly the same amount. I could even kidnap a groundhog and drive off a cliff with it and still wake up the next morning like none of it happened.

I liked that movie
    Groundhog_Day_%28movie_poster%29.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Well in three years, you'd think MFP would have changed it to "if every week were like this week", which would probably offer a more accurate prediction.

The wheels of progress move slow sometimes :wink:
  • wildflowerherbal
    wildflowerherbal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It actually seems accurate for me.