Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So under 700 calories is not enough

Replies

• ShelliesTrying
    ShelliesTrying Posts: 85 Member
    I have a terrible profile pic. Must've been in a rotten mood that day! I don't come here to chat often so I never really thought about having a decent pic...

:huh:

??
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I have a terrible profile pic. Must've been in a rotten mood that day! I don't come here to chat often so I never really thought about having a decent pic...

:huh:

??

OP stop stressing about your profile pic.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    If you can't bring yourself to eat your calories, drink them. Juice, protein shakes, smoothies.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time - I really am. But losing weight quickly and being unable to eat/starving yourself is not something to be proud of (that's the vibe I'm getting from your posts).

Good luck to you.
  • ShelliesTrying
    Please know that I am FAR from proud. I am absolutely not here to gloat. I just came to get it off my chest, vent so to speak. I'm sorry that my tone may have been interpreted that way.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Drink your calories if you dont want to eat, nutritional shakes like ensure are helpful for this. Maybe have some spoonfuls of peanut butter. Seriously, self-care is important.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    So you're going through an emotional/stressful time in your life. A therapist can help with that.
    Feeling nauseous after a few bites of food isn't normal. A doctor can help with that.

You might not feel like you need to see a doctor, but you should. Over the past week and a half you've been having eating issues. That may not seem like a long time, but coming from an inadequate nutritional standpoint, it's long enough.

See a doctor.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I'm sorry that your having an awful time, I stop eating when I get stressed as well.

Could you start drinking the soda again to get your calorie intake up? If you can get it to 1200 so that your body protects the lean muscle a bit.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Please know that I am FAR from proud. I am absolutely not here to gloat. I just came to get it off my chest, vent so to speak. I'm sorry that my tone may have been interpreted that way.

Then listen to the advice of these smart, caring people - talk to someone.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Sorry your having a tough time. When im low on calories and dont feel like eating, i just force myself a few spoons of peanut butter. If you can force down 3large spoonfuls, you can add on a few hundred calories without having to really eat a bunch. So get yourself a jar of peanut butter and have a huge spoonful every few hours and you can bring your calories up .
    If this continues though , please see a doctor!
  • ShelliesTrying
    I have been eating half peanut butter sandwiches. I haven't thought of just having a spoonful of pb tho. Thanks.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Better eat monosaturated and polysaturad fats found in nuts, seeds, avacoados oil. If you don't your gallbladder will shut down. Wouldn't hurt to take a muti vitamin and increase to 1200 calories daily.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Your not alone in this kind of a situation... I didn't recognize when I was so bad from a traumatic experience in my life. Thank God my husband did, he made me go to the doctor, got taken care of and was back to normal a few months later. Doctors really can help you.
    Good luck to you.
    ps. also recommend ensure meal replacement for a short time.
  • zoeysasha37
    Seriously the spoonfuls will help add on calories without having to eat much. After my oral surgery i couldn't eat and was worried about losing muscle, my trainer brought me a jar of peanut butter and a spoon! Lol ! I was able to add on 500 calories per day just in a few large scoops .
    Obviously this isn't a permanent solution to your issue, but it will certainly help until you get this situation sorted out.
  • ShelliesTrying
    I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement from everyone. I hope that I can pull myself out of this some time soon. I don't know that "temporary" really fits the situation but my entire world has fallen apart over the last week and a half. Daily there seems to be another blow. I don't really know what I've got left in me to handle all this I suddenly have piled on top of me.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited June 2015
    Try setting a bowl of something (whatever it is that you can eat and not get sick) out on the counter. Every time that you walk by get a little and eat it. I wouldn't worry so much right now if it is "healthy" or not...just eat.

When I have had times that I couldn't hold food down I have gotten cheese crackers and will eat one at a time spread out over the day.

I can't eat ramen noodle soup because of the sodium but when my stomach is upset I will eat it. Something about that stuff eases my stomach issues.

If you don't want to see a counselor at least find a trust friend to talk to. Sometimes just saying things out loud gives us a different perspective.

Good luck OP...
  • zoeysasha37
    Ive been through some really crazy times in my life and have also lost my appetite during these times, just try to think forward. Tell yourself that this situation wont last forever so you must try to make the best out of it. Sometimes we can turn a bad situation into a tolerable one , just by changing our attitude. So think about your goals , your future and know that it wont stay this bad forever.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Another vote for peanut butter as a short term fix and seeing a doctor for a solution.
  • ShelliesTrying
    I feel like at this point I have broke my habit with pop so I don't want to reintroduce it. I also have not been eating junk, sugar etc. I would like to just keep adding healthy foods until I hit a sweet spot. I eat those P3 things-I assume everyone is familiar- and PB and try to get milk in during the day. I snack on sunflower seeds during the days when I am at my office.
  • thepinkbananabanana
    thepinkbananabanana Posts: 9 Member
    It's normal to not want to eat when you are dealing with a great deal of stress, so if you don't want to go to a doctor, then just try to make your food count and eat very nutritionally dense foods that are high in calories like nuts. I agree with the person who said to take a multivitamin, too. Also, try to eat a little bit more every day, even if it is just 50 extra calories and slowly build back up to a healthy caloric intake. Good luck, and I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • ShelliesTrying
    I have surpassed 700 calories so far today. My stomach feels sick bit I'm working on it.