Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 4]

Options

Replies

• cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Tuesday- Has losing weight had any effect on your sex life? If so is it better or worse?

He be checking out my booty now since it is sitting firm from them squats....
  • cshine06
    Options
    QOTD: Tuesday- Has losing weight had any effect on your sex life? If so is it better or worse?

He be checking out my booty now since it is sitting firm from them squats....
  • cshine06
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday: What workouts do you love/hate/love to hate?

I love the the 30 Day Shred / I hate bicycle crunches (but they are getting easier) / I love to hate squats and cycling.
  • cshine06
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: Do you have a 'bucket list' and what are the top three items?

I don't have a bucket list but I will like to be a positive example for my family , get married, and have some more children.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD - Thursday --- bucket list top 3 things...

I've never really considered a "bucket list" but there are a few things I would like to do - 1. hike through the Grand Canyon. 2. spend a week or 2 at a very posh spa. 3. Go back to Belgium and eat seafood and chocolate :)
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options

QOTD Thursday:Do you have a 'bucket list' and what are the top three items?

What an awesome QOTD. I didn't have a bucket list, but now that I am thinking about it there are definitely some things I want to do. Let's see... in no certain order

1. Visit Africa and India (not in the same trip)
    2. Learn a language I don't speak
    3. Share my joy of life with as many people as possible

Did I mention I love this question? Diamonds rock.
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: Do you have a 'bucket list' and what are the top three items?

What a great question! I don't have a bucket list per se, just things I'd love to do. Three (of many) In no particular order:

1) Live in another country for 6 months, a year, or longer! (England and/or or a country in Latin/South America)
    2) International missions trip
    3) Write for a Food Magazine

....Now you've got me really thinking again about the things that really move me...
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday:

I do not have a bucket list. I think it is something I should work on. I know I do want to visit Africa. I think it would be great to visit every continent, maybe not Antarctica but who knows. I really like this question, but I have to work on it.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

My only goal is to get through today. With 4 kids, that's about the best I can hope for. I'll try to think of soemthing better.:blushing:
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD for Thursday.............Bucket list top 3. Well I will certainly need to work on this list. Naturally I want to raise my children to be wonderful assests to society. But as for a more selfish approach what comes to mind is 1) STOP LOSING WEIGHT. After I reach my goal weight I just want to maintain. This is too hard to be spending my whole life doing! LOL 2) Travel with my husband to Jamaica, where he is from. He has a wonderful family home there that is large and sits on lot's of tropical land. 3) One day have my own European/German coffee shop / bakery. Everything in moderation.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    1) STOP LOSING WEIGHT. After I reach my goal weight I just want to maintain. This is too hard to be spending my whole life doing! LOL 2) Travel with my husband to Jamaica, where he is from.

I too cannot wait until I reach maintenance. This is, indeed, very hard! I have to say that you guys make it MUCH better. Still, I can't help but feel that my life is on a bit of a pause while I work toward my fitness goals. I'm ready to just LIVE.

Also, it's great that you want to visit me! Lol, j/k.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday: What workouts do you love/hate/love to hate?

Well, I also love Leslie Sansone's walking DVD. My new one is 5 miles, but you can choose the miles you do. I actually gave my first Walk away the pounds DVD to my Mom about a week ago to try. I love how I feel after my 30 day shred - even love the last 10 minutes or so of it....but the first 10 minutes or so I hate.

No - don't have a bucket list. But I will share a story about my life... I suffer with depression....have ever since I was a teen. When I was 18 I took a bunch of pills to commit suicide. Luckily, it didn't work. I had my first son at 20. "E" is developmentally delayed (albeit, very high funtioning - he does have a job and will likely be able to move out of home - not sure if on his own though) I always viewed "E" as my "gift from God" (don't mean to offend anyone if that term bothers them) as my reason to live - he will always need me - more so than my other 2 sons. So I guess the only thing I really want to do before I die is make sure my kids, especially "E", are okay. Not sure if that answers the question - but really its the only thing I ever really want to do.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Elle. That's a beautiful desire. Joining this site, making a commitment to yourself, is a great way of expressing love for yourself and the people who depend on you.

In fact, thank you to ALL of the Diamonds this round for sharing so much of yourselves with each other. Round 1 of DITR was great, but I'm sure that those of you who were part of both rounds agree that DITR Round 2 takes the cake. LOVE MY DIAMONDS!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday 5/27: Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you in your weight loss journey or in your daily life?

My answer: Mine is a tie between 2 quotes.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi. This one motivates me to make positive choices everyday and to raise my children without hate, prejudice, etc.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe. This one motivated me to move on after my divorce from my first husband. He was emotionally-abusive, mainly about my weight and I was a size 6 then. It made me realize that I deserve to be loved unconditionally.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday 5/27: Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you in your weight loss journey or in your daily life?

Yes, the one that I've been living by for the last 2 years is " If you want something different in life, you gotta do something different". The 2nd quote I stole from Courtney on the Biggest Loser "Trust in the Process, Believe in Yourself & Be Patient".
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words as my family dealt with the loss of our friend.

If anyone was offended by my QOTD on Tuesday I apologize. It wasn't aimed to make anyone feel uncomfortable, just curious.

QOTD Wed-I love zumba! I love to hate running and strength training
    QOTD Thur-I would love to visit all 50 states by car. I would like to go to Africa. I am not sure what else I would like to do but I am thinking about it.
    QOTD Fri-My favorite quote is One Day at a Time No Worries No Regrets.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

/quote]

I'm not sure who said this the first time, I just read it somewhere: "Face your stuff, don't stuff your face!"
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I collect inspiring quotes. Two of my absolute favorites are by the same person, Viktor Frankl. He was an Austrian psychiatrist who survived the Holocaust. Before his gained his physical liberty, he survived the horrors of the experience by daily exercising man’s greatest freedom: He deliberately chose his response to his situation. It was those daily exercises that ultimately lead to his survival and his amazing book, “Man’s Search for Meaning.”

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“Each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible.” ~ Viktor Frankl

The bottom line for me is that ultimately, I’m responsible for the person I am and the type of life I have. I’m more than my background, my family history, my heredity, my environment, my challenges, my emotions, my temptations. Because I’m separate from them, I have the ability to decide whether I will empower them or exercise my own power to deliberately chose and create the life that I want, despite these things.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options

Yes, I have several but will narrow it down to two. The first is actually a short poem by Emily ****inson, [Hilarious that MFP edited out her name!]

Much Madness is divinest Sense —
    To a discerning Eye —
    Much Sense — the starkest Madness —
    ’Tis the Majority
    In this, as All, prevail —
    Assent — and you are sane —
    Demur — you’re straightway dangerous —
    And handled with a Chain —

I find that in my life and in my weight loss I am constantly going against the grain.... in simple acts like the way I choose to wear my hair (naturally) or what I choose to eat. I almost feel that people feel upset by the fact that I don't indulge in high-calorie foods with them. This poem reminds me that it is only human nature to want to chain down anything that diverges from the norm. I think that is one of the great things about being a part of this group, for a few moments each day I am with people on a similar path.

The other is "Eat to live. Don't live to eat."

I must admit that I enjoy food so much that I often feel that eating is life itself. Turns out, eating is NOT life. LIFE is LIFE. The time I spend enjoying a day outside with my dog--not self conscious about my body or the feeling of a dip in the pool in a swimsuit is much more important to me than the 20-40 minutes I spend each day eating. It's the other 23 1/2 hours that truly matter.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

CricketKate - I saw that quote too and love it!

I don't have a favourite quote per say....but I do like "If you can dream it, you can DO it"....