Intermittent Fasting - Enjoyable Dieting And Weight Loss

Options
What's going on everyone!?

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has heard of or currently using intermittent fasting while dieting.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    There's a whole thread on here for it! Stand by I'll find the link and post it!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    It's one way to create a calorie deficit. It's not the only way.

Some enjoy it..some don't
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    gtmfitness wrote: »
    What's going on everyone!?

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has heard of or currently using intermittent fasting while dieting.

What are your thoughts?

Week 4,FD 2.Suits me and has worked for me before.First week is going to be hard but gets easier with every week.You can spread 500cal throughout the day or simply have one meal.Give it at least 3 weeks,if it works for you Fine,otherwise you can always look for something that's convenient for you.
  • Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Works really well for my other half and I do it now and again to remind myself that it's ok to be hungry.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I wasn't familiar with the concept, but it's pretty much the way I eat naturally, though I don't have a "plan" and I do eat differently if the occasion or my hunger tells me to.

But a normal day for me consists of all my calories being eaten in 2 meals, somewhere between the hours of 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. It's not for weight loss though. I ate this way when I was gaining.
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

That's the group which has a lot of good info.
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just started this week - pretty gentle version, 16 fast/8 eating, and I LOVE it. I normally really struggle with calorie restriction, abs it has made it SO MUCH EASIER. I thought I might want to binge during my feeding periods, but that has not been the case at all. I'm finding that being in touch with my physical hunger in the early part of the day sets me up to feed my body what it really needs - I actually don't want junk or to overeat. It's early yet, but so far I'm in love.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    16:8 over here. Mostly because I've always been the type to skip breakfast, work through lunch, and snack at night.

• handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been going for just over a week, doing ADF to start before settling into a 5/2 routine. 600 calories or thereabouts for me. Finding it not bad at all.
    There's also a 5/2 group as well.
  • jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Look up the hodgetwins on youtube they have good straight forward tips.
  • gtmfitness
    gtmfitness Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome feedback! I will check out that forum for fasting!.

I myself love it! Makes dieting very enjoyable and more lifestyle friendly.
  • BennyCH
    BennyCH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 + low carb (<50g), it's great and I hate breakfast, i.e. win-win!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Another group to check out

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

Works for me, the 2 - 500 calorie days are hard - but hey, the other 5 days are maintenance.
  • MrsSchimmy
    Options
    gtmfitness wrote: »
    Awesome feedback! I will check out that forum for fasting!.

I myself love it! Makes dieting very enjoyable and more lifestyle friendly.

Whenever I get off track, I ALWAYS go back to IF. I find it to be very lifestyle friendly, just as you say.

• genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't like it.. I have low blood pressure so even skipping breakfast makes me dizzy. And I also hate feeling hungry, my stomach is pretty demanding and growling every four hours..! :expressionless:
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Look up the hodgetwins on youtube they have good straight forward tips.

They have great tips and they are HILLARIOUS!!
  • MrsSchimmy
    Options
    genki90 wrote: »
    I don't like it.. I have low blood pressure so even skipping breakfast makes me dizzy. And I also hate feeling hungry, my stomach is pretty demanding and growling every four hours..! :expressionless:
    I have low blood pressure as well. But I naturally fall into IF as I'm not ever really hungry in the mornings. Have you tried moving your eating window around? Shortening your fast?

Just some ideas. But just like everything else in this world, IF isn't for everyone :smile:
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for a year and a half (4:3). Love it. Fits my appetite perfectly. Realize that it's not the way that everyone would like to create their caloric deficit, but it works for me ;)
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Been doing 5:2 / Eat Stop Eat for a few years.
    I enjoy it because I only have to "diet" two days a week.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of it until reading about on the forums here. I realized I naturally do it as I've never been a breakfast eater. I normally eat lunch between 12 and 2 and dinner around 7 pm ending with a snack around 8 or 9.

I'm not sure if it helps my dieting as I was at my peak weight eating this way...