Thurs: Swim
    Fri: Bootcamp
    Sat: Hike
    Sunday: Kayak
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I work out 4 to 5 day a week normally, sometimes 6. I usually go to the gym before work so I only have 30-45 minutes during the weekdays before I have to get in the shower.
    Monday: Spin or jogging - 30 min
    Tuesday: Strength training - 30 min
    Wednesday: same as Monday
    Thursday: Strength or rest day
    Friday: Jogging or swimming 30-45 minutes
    Saturday/Sunday: if I do work out it's usually a 3 mile run
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I try to work out every day and on really good weeks I accomplish that; however it’s more realistic to say I work out 3 or 4 times a week 1.5-2 hours a W/O. What I do may vary widely according to my schedule and how I feel that day/week. One thing that helps me is to have my W/O planned so know what I’m doing and in what order so I make best use of my time.
    Try not to put too much stock in what others are doing or can do. You have to find what works best for you and your lifestyle as going off what others do or do not do is only measurable if you take people whose lifestyle is comparable.
    Example; I am ancient, married with school age children; I work, go to school and coach youth sports. Comparing how often a 20 something single person works out to how often I do would not be very comparable or wise for me. Not to mention I have had so many major injuries I have to keep in mind what I should do verse what I can do.
    I would say that so long as you are active and off the couch, you are doing well.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I work out six days per week. The actual breakdown of lifting vs cardio varies from week-to-week depending on what my lifting program has me doing. Some weeks, I have five days of lifting, some four, and some three. If I'm not lifting, I'm doing something else (and generally wishing that I was lifting).

I'm there until I finish, which usually takes about an hour, but I'm more likely to go long than short.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Typically it's 6 days a week, all lifting. This week it's five as I'm on a taper before lifting at provincials on Sunday. I'm there as long as it takes, which is usually right around 2 hours.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    4 days free weights - usually 1.5 hours plus 10 minute warm up on elliptical
    3 days a week I run 3 miles
  • southernyogini
    southernyogini Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I run 6 days per week. 30 minutes (~3.5 miles) or I run a 5K (3.1 miles) as fast as I can, which is approximately 25 minutes. Aside from that I log at least 10K steps on my activity tracker which means even though I'm running ~3 miles a day, I still have to go for an additional walk later in the day to reach my step goal.

Sunday is my rest day, but I generally take 2 walks totaling about 4 miles.

I am just getting back into walking/running. I am an avid Yoga person. I walked 3.4 miles yesterday and feel amazing. I wanted to go out for a quick 1.5 mile walk/jog after work but was worried doing it back to back would be too much. But your post is inspiring me. I just walked the 3.4 miles yesterday and didn't over do it. I just wanted to prove to myself I COULD do it. :smile:
  • camill827
    camill827 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These are all great responses! I have worked out on and off my whole life. Recently I have been concentrating on cardio and yoga and want to incorporate 2 days a week weight training. I dont want to give up my running, biking or yoga 3-4 days a week I have about an hour to hour and a half 2x a week for weights. What should I be doing, or what should I focus on in those 2 sessions...???
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    cardio to toning ratio? What is that?

this
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    Sunday - Madcow 5x5 weight lifting, 35 minutes elliptical
    Monday - Off
    Tuesday - 2.5-3 mile walk with dog
    Wednesday - Madcow 5x5 weight lifting, 35 minutes elliptical
    Thursday - 2.5-3 mile walk with dog
    Friday - Madcow 5x5 weight lifting
    Saturday - 60 minutes elliptical

deeeeeem son dat cardio

u so lean doe mus b workn
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    current schedule
    • Monday- Shoulders
    • Tuesday- HIIT 20 Minutes, ABS
    • Wednesday- Arms
    • Thursday- HIIT 20 minutes, ABS
    • Friday - Chest and Triceps
    • Saturday- Back and Biceps
    • Sunday- Stairstepper, Rower, and Abs
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    Monday - Off

deeeeeem son dat cardio

I kinda wonder if since I'm bulking I'm maybe doing too much cardio. So far so good. I used to do 35 minutes of elliptical on Friday as well, but that workout is a beast and I ended up not having time in the morning to do it since I started Madcow, so I dropped it. It is pretty low intensity cardio though.

any cardio while you're bulking is probably to much cardio- but if you're keeping up with the food - zallgood
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, at least one class a day.

Sunday - Spin and Stacked or Shockwave, or Athletic Conditioning and then a Core class
    Monday - Viper or Spin and Stacked
    Tuesday - Athletic conditioning and then a Core class, or Tabata and Boxing
    Wed - The Pursuit or regular Spin class, or after work, Ripped and Boxing or Spin and Whipped
    Thursday - Butt class or Best Body Forward
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Weight training 5-7 days a week. Very little cardio in the gym. Most cardio comes on weekends from mountain bike rides.
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    Monday - Off

deeeeeem son dat cardio

I kinda wonder if since I'm bulking I'm maybe doing too much cardio. So far so good. I used to do 35 minutes of elliptical on Friday as well, but that workout is a beast and I ended up not having time in the morning to do it since I started Madcow, so I dropped it. It is pretty low intensity cardio though.

haha idk I guess if you are still gaining it's all good right?

I'm only on week 2 of Madcow but it's so beast. squats er'day

I was thinking of doing A/B/rest/C/rest (repeat)

wut u tink
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I now typically exercise 7 days per week. A typical week will have me running T/Fr/Su (30 minute run + walk whatever distance remains to get home), with a possible walk on the other days. I do yoga with my husband almost every day, anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes (he picks the program). Plus I've been doing 20+ minutes of pilates every day. At least two nights a week, we go out dancing together for 2-4 hours.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I try to get minimum 4 days a week in the gym, but I also try to be active on my days off of the gym.

Average week:
    Two days a week lifting (upper / lower) for an hour each, two days a week I do an hour of cardio plus a 30 minute strength program (one upper / lower that compliments the other two days). Sometimes I'll also box once a week, and I try to do something on the weekend like biking / hiking / kayaking / walking etc.