What BMI does your goal weight bring you to?

Options

Replies

• susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    23.7 right now. Goal will put me at 20.7
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal during the weight loss phase puts me at a BMI of 17.1, however I realize that I will likely gain a few pounds during the transition into maintenance, which accounting for this puts me at a (hopefully) final BMI of 18.9.
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    22.9, that is my ultimate goal, but of course I will have to assess once I get close.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    nam985 wrote: »
    My ultimate goal during the weight loss phase puts me at a BMI of 17.1, however I realize that I will likely gain a few pounds during the transition into maintenance, which accounting for this puts me at a (hopefully) final BMI of 18.9.

So your ultimate goal is a weight that would see you hospitalised

And that is appropriate how?
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my goal weight still puts me into "overweight" according to BMI, but I don't put much stock in BMI, so it isn't part of my decision making.
  • cwilso37
    cwilso37 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Starting 62 BMI
    Current 36 (29 %BF)
    Goal 30.7 BMI (15% bf)

BMI and I don't play nicely together. 15% bf might be way too low for me but is a decent goal.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

It is a difference of less than 15 lbs between the stop losing point (which admittedly does put me in the underweight category) and my desired final settling point (which places me within the healthy range). I know that as I am figuring out how to strike the balance between intake and expenditure to maintain my weight loss I will put a few pounds back on, hence the initial undershoot. Also bear in mind that I am less than five feet tall and have a small skeletal frame.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Currently 26.4 (ugh), hoping to be at 20.4 but not sure if I'll get there.
  • EarthshakerFirst
    EarthshakerFirst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well. I use a bmi calculator that accounts for framesize, but anyway, now I'm at 27.2, goal weight puts me at 20.5, and ultimate goal weight puts me at 18.2. (179, 135, 120 at 5'8'')

What BMI calculator is that then?

http://tunza.com.au/ThePlanet/templates/theplanet-00/BMICalculator-Index.htm
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm at 25.1 and one pound away from healthy range...I felt great at staying below 25 so hopefully this week I will hit it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    19-21.3

I don't know where I'm going to end.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My goal weight has a bmi of 25.6. That's still overweight but at that point it will be over 70lbs lost. I've always been heavier than I look. I think I can be quite happy being overweight.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Currently 22.1, will decide what to do next at 21.0. But I'm planning to maintain this weight until I achieve my current fitness goals. I'm not thrilled with how I look but I'm also not used to it, you know?
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Starting BMI: 25.7
    Current BMI: 21.9
    Goal Weight BMI: 20.5
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

It is a difference of less than 15 lbs between the stop losing point (which admittedly does put me in the underweight category) and my desired final settling point (which places me within the healthy range). I know that as I am figuring out how to strike the balance between intake and expenditure to maintain my weight loss I will put a few pounds back on, hence the initial undershoot. Also bear in mind that I am less than five feet tall and have a small skeletal frame.

But you're planning on losing to a unhealthy low weight on the possibility to going to maintenance will make you gain a few pounds. I wouldn't say that's a good plan. And hitting maintenance doesn't mean you'll go up in weight. The weight I stopped dieting at is the exact weight I maintain at. The only people that would really see a big jump in pounds would be someone transitioning from low carb as well. There's no need to drive yourself to such a low weight on the premise you may find a few pounds at maintenance.
  • hinaisold
    hinaisold Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I started at around 26.5
    I went down to 19.
    I am currently around 20.3
    My goal is to be around 19.4
    I know it's a bit low but honestly, I look better at 19.4 than I do now. Mostly because I have a wide frame so the extra weight makes me look wider around the shoulders.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My goal weight brings me to a bmi of between 21 and 22.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    26.4. I'm overweight.

Yeah y'are :s