fighting your temptation to cheat

Options
2»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Fight temptations? Temptations of what? Food?

I just ate half a cake.. :D

You. I like you. Also, can I have the other half of your cake?

Sorry but I ate the other half previously ;)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat. cheat implies that I'm doing something negative and I do not see food as bad or good.

if I eat over my calorie allotment, I either shrug my shoulders and go to bed or do a small workout.

If my brain is telling my to eat, I go for a walk and distract my brain still it stops
  • ms_margaret
    ms_margaret Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    [quote="moyer566;33[/quote]
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I don't cheat. cheat implies that I'm doing something negative

This.

Also, when you finish your day and you hit the button and it tells you how much you would weigh if you continues eating like this...it's usually not that bad.

Also don't keep temptation foods around if you can. I don't eat ice cream at the house but i will stop at a gas station and buy ONE ice cream.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I just decide what I want more - health and weight loss or the gummy bears, peanut butter cups, greasy stuff...sometimes it's very close, lol. :)
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get the urge to cheat all the time. Sometimes it's not even food I really care about or even like - I just want to eat something fatty or sweet.

If it isn't something special or that I am ::really:: craving, I just tell myself nope nope nope - a little cheesy but I picture the octopus nope gif (http://www.reactiongifs.com/nope-nope-nope-octopus/). I'll also sometimes tell myself that I'll have it if I still want it in an hour. Usually in an hour, I don't really care.

If it is something more special, I'll try to fit it into my calories, and log it but not worry about it. This happens maybe every 1-2 weeks. I think it's a bit more realistic and sustainable to sometimes indulge than never ever - you'll probably need to eat only slightly more calories at maintenance than you do now, so figuring out how to fit in treats is good practice for a healthy lifestyle. That said, if you find yourself having treats very often and aren't losing weight at the rate you'd like, it's probably time to cut back or raise your standards.

Also, if I'm especially hungry (usually more than just a little hungry), I'll have some fruit or veg, or maybe an extra portion of starch/protein the next meal if I've been especially active recently.
  • Tigey72
    Tigey72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I watch the pie chart. I notice that cravings go through the roof when I am out of balance. Doesn't matter which area carbs,protein, or fat. The close I stay to the 50,30,20 recommendation the more satisfied I am.
  • Mrs_Goatess
    Mrs_Goatess Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I give myself a day (once a week to start, less often later) where I don't enter my foods. It's not "cheating" as I still make some effort to choose foods wisely, but I don't restrict myself to just what I enter. I may eat a few things I wouldn't normally, but I get to feel much less restricted. I've found that my appetite on those days is nowhere near where it was pre-diet, so even if I wanted to gorge, I don't want to.