15 lbs. in a month and starting to see a small change!

Options
I started MFP about a month ago. I've lost about 15 pounds and have about 100 or so to go. I'm noticing my clothes are starting to get a bit more comfortable and a little looser (and my pants longer!), but I couldn't really see much of a difference looking in the mirror. Today I did a side by side (before on the left) and I can see change starting to happen! It's not huge, but everything is getting a little less thick and my belly is a bit less round. My hiney could still double for a coffee table, but that's true even when I'm thin. ;) I was on the fence about taking photos, but now I'm glad I did! I'm totally hooked on the success stories and I LOVE reading your stories and looking at pics.

tv9tbq7msg39.jpg

pzk1mnptfpj3.jpg

me1.JPG 128.5K
me2.JPG 149.3K

Replies

• KaylaZielinski1
    KaylaZielinski1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I definitely see it! Congrats on your loss so far and keep up the amazing work!
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Thanks @KaylaZielinski1 !!
  • FaceTheFears
    FaceTheFears Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Great job!!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Great job. Your loss is very noticeable! Very inspiring.
  • southcitystudio
    Options
    Thanks @FaceTheFears and @half_moon! That means a lot. :)
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    So what have you been doing to get such great results? Looking for ideas!
  • southcitystudio
    Options
    @half_moon

Food: I've cut out as much processed food as possible (sodium was killing me, I'm a water-retaining camel), increased veg, and upped my water intake a ton. I've been diligently tracking every morsel and try to stay within the recommendations for carbs/protein/fat. My eating habits weren't terrible to begin with as far as the foods I chose, but portion size had really gotten out of wack, so now I weigh and measure whenever I can. Portion sizes are surprisingly small sometimes! *side eye at cashews*

Exercise: I have been looking for opportunities to add steps here and there, yoga, and the gym a couple times. Nothing super drastic exercise-wise, that's my next hurdle.

I think when you have more to lose it does tend to come off a bit faster in the beginning, but I'll take it! :)
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try pickleball. You will be so happy you did.
  • southcitystudio
    Options
    @Error4 I think you are grossly over estimating my hand-eye coordination, but I appreciate the suggestion! :) I try to avoid sports where a ball can hit me. I dislike being hit, my vision is crummy (thanks 40!), I'm slower than a turtle, and my reflexes are only slightly better. I'm good at things like hiking, weight lifting, yoga, and walking where I can set the pace and no one hurls objects at me. I'm strong and bendy -- if anyone has suggestions for sports that play to my strengths, I'm all ears!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a change girly :)
  • southcitystudio
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How do you post your pictures??
  • southcitystudio
    Options
    @lalainap19 from the mobile app there is a camera icon. From the desktop it's a file icon.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Enjoy your success and strive for more! Take plenty of pictures and keep track of other measurements as well.

I also have a coffee table hiney but it's a bit less fashionable as a guy LOL *slips on some relaxed-fit pants*
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference. And in only one month that's amazing!!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in one month! I am so jelly. :)
  • charo14
    charo14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You are doing great.
    I hope that soon i can be postín something like that too.
    Im desperate, It is like nothing works for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I see it in your bum, tummy, and thighs actually.
  • southcitystudio
    Options
    Awesome! Enjoy your success and strive for more! Take plenty of pictures and keep track of other measurements as well.

I also have a coffee table hiney but it's a bit less fashionable as a guy LOL *slips on some relaxed-fit pants*

A kindred spirit! Stretchy pants for the win! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!