MOMs to 3+ kids progress pics or success stories??

Options
124»

Replies

• RowlP
    RowlP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    itsmethao wrote: »
    Congrats to all you Mommies and your progresses!

*raises hand* I'm a mother of three! They're ages 10, 6 and 1 yrs. I haven't found my "before" pictures yet (current photo in profile pic) but I want to share that I began my fit lifestyle back in March of 2013, weighing in at 188 lbs. That's not the heaviest I've been, but the ecstatic confirmation of pregnancy# 3 kickstarted me into gear (history of gestational diabetes) for a healthier lifestyle.

In about 27 months, I've knocked off nearly 26 lbs. Those last 10 lbs were lost in 6 weeks from calorie counting (3 weeks of mostly cardio and 3 weeks of mostly strength training) on MFP! I'm still awed by those accomplishments because there were a million-and-one times that I thought it was impossible. Yet, I pulled through slowly, but surely. I'm still a work in progress but I'm confident about the knowledge I've gained on MFP. I'm about 12 lbs away from my short term goal weight of 150 lbs. Long term is 130 lbs and ultimate goal is 115 lbs. I'm a short 5'3" and I have a small frame.

The last 10 lbs have been the hardest for me! Since I have added weights I am looking more toned.....the scale just isn't moving too much yet
  • eba2003
    eba2003 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have three kids who would also snack all the time. Now I have become much stricter with snacking - they are allowed one snack in the morning and one in the afternoon. That way they actually eat at mealtimes! Also I stopped buying snack foods, they snack on fruit only, which shouldn't be eaten at mealtimes anyway. This all reduces my snacking a lot. Also it's important to make time for yourself, if you have someone you can leave them with once or twice a week so you can do some exercise you enjoy. Also getting plenty of sleep also helps with weight loss.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    eba2003 wrote: »
    I have three kids who would also snack all the time. Now I have become much stricter with snacking - they are allowed one snack in the morning and one in the afternoon. That way they actually eat at mealtimes! Also I stopped buying snack foods, they snack on fruit only, which shouldn't be eaten at mealtimes anyway. This all reduces my snacking a lot. Also it's important to make time for yourself, if you have someone you can leave them with once or twice a week so you can do some exercise you enjoy. Also getting plenty of sleep also helps with weight loss.

The only snacks I buy for my kids are crisps, hula hoops or Walkers Squares, and I don't really eat crisps, unless I'm desperate lol. Otherwise they eat fruit, or cheese.

My 13 month still wakes up in the night so I'm really struggling with lack of sleep, and I'm sure that makes a difference.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Bumping this :smiley:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options

I actually force mine to eat. They'd run off and play all day, then when it was time to do something "boring" like school or chores or bed, they would declare themselves starving. Rule is that you have to eat a meal BEFORE you leave the house!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

I actually force mine to eat. They'd run off and play all day, then when it was time to do something "boring" like school or chores or bed, they would declare themselves starving. Rule is that you have to eat a meal BEFORE you leave the house!

Ha, yeah, my 6 year old is often suddenly starving at bedtime! He's not really bothered about eating most of the time. Him and his friend nearly didn't have lunch at school the other day as they were so busy playing.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Mum of 3 here too eldest 13 on Friday then 5 and my 2 yr old. Piccies in my profile I'm now a uk8-10
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 myself, almost 15 yrs, 10 and 5 - my profile pic shows a before and close to current. I haven't been great about tracking the last yr because I started school and I still have another 75-80 to lose, so I need to get back on track. I had lost 75lbs in that picture :)
  • dizzymiss
    dizzymiss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to two babes born 363 days apart. They turn 2 and 1 this weekend. After my first munchkin the weight came off pretty quickly. After my son was born I was at my heaviest ever. Started using mfp on the 84days ago, starting at 182lbs, I'm down to 158lbs now and would ideally like to lose another 8/9lbWeightloss has slowed down the last month but I feel great and I'm very happy.

I'll be totally honest, I've done little to no actually exercise for this weightloss. That said I'm always on the go, running after my two and work nights as a nurse so maybe that counts slightly.

Love reading all these success stories. Great motivation on the bad days. This is my first post to mfp.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Im still a work in progress. I started on MFP at 213 lbs...I got down to 128 lbs..Im now at 139 lbs and trying to get back down to 128 lbs. We will see if the pics show up :) The top pic I was approx 193 lbs?
    u7ol3vds4m71.jpg
    0l75bql0ztsq.jpg
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here, 32 years old. I have actually "lost" my daughter, as in she weighs 131, and I've lost 133! I struggle to lift her, but I used to carry that around daily when I was 301. Kiddos are 12, 9, 5, and 3 (natural, c-section, v-bac, c-section) and I have lost the weight with My Fitness Pal and walking, starting in 2013. People ask me what I've done, and I simply say I eat less and move more. I have started strength training and I love it! Getting some biceps and seeing definition in my shoulders is awesome!qpi6glq5rkp6.jpg
    The before picture was not my heaviest by about 20 lbs, and I have lost about 15-20 since the after picture was taken.
    I struggle with the loose, wrinkly skin everywhere (why are boobs the first to go?), but I tell myself that I'd rather have loose, baggy EMPTY skin than have it full of excess fat.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    dizzymiss wrote: »
    I'm a mom to two babes born 363 days apart. They turn 2 and 1 this weekend. After my first munchkin the weight came off pretty quickly. After my son was born I was at my heaviest ever. Started using mfp on the 84days ago, starting at 182lbs, I'm down to 158lbs now and would ideally like to lose another 8/9lbWeightloss has slowed down the last month but I feel great and I'm very happy.

I'll be totally honest, I've done little to no actually exercise for this weightloss. That said I'm always on the go, running after my two and work nights as a nurse so maybe that counts slightly.

Love reading all these success stories. Great motivation on the bad days. This is my first post to mfp.

mine also just turned 1 and 2! Mine were only 10.5 months apart though (so like 317 days? I dunno never thought of it that way ), but to be honest I LOVED having them so close!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!