My review of Quest Protein Bars

Options

Replies

• shawnmstout
    shawnmstout Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Shawn, in response to your earlier question - I have no food-based allergies or sensitivities. Whey isn't an issue for me in other foods, so I'm still not sure about the unhappy relationship between me and Quest bars. Not to derail this conversation, but I see that Quest also has protein powders, including a new flavor (Salted Caramel) that caught my eye. I may give that a shot - it seems like there are a lot of recipes I could play with.

Your not derailing it, its all good :)
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    blazergrad wrote: »
    I used to eat the Quest bars but kind of got burned out on them, especially the consistency. I've recently discovered 22 Days protein bars .... organic, all natural, plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free. They don't have anywhere near the number of flavors that Quest has, but the ones they do have are delicious (IMHO) and the texture is much, much better!

Where did you get them from? i never heard of it before
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I tried these after a friend's similar review - raving particularly about the taste. You can always find them on some sale - I find them constantly around $1 at either GNC or Amazon.

I need to start traveling to your gnc :smiley:
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    I've been eating Quest Bars for a couple of years and have tried a lot of the flavors. My favorites are some of the ones other people seem to hate. ;)

Coconut Cashew
    Banana Nut Muffin
    Cinnamon Roll
    Raspberry White Chocolate

NOT a fan of any of the chocolate ones I've tried or the Peanut Butter Supreme.

I tried their Protein Chips once - they tasted like powdered milk. :(

Seems like since you are probably the longest quest bar user, have you noticed any long term advantages/disadvantages? how often do you eat them?
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like the quest bars and also the Pure Protein brand is pretty good to.
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    Holy crap, 3 pages worth of quest bar discussions, I had no idea these were so popular....
  • geministyle
    geministyle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Quest Bars for a couple of years and have tried a lot of the flavors. My favorites are some of the ones other people seem to hate. ;)

Coconut Cashew
    Banana Nut Muffin
    Cinnamon Roll

Seems like since you are probably the longest quest bar user, have you noticed any long term advantages/disadvantages? how often do you eat them?

I typically eat them 3-4 times per week. Most often when I'm rushing out the door to work out and need something in my stomach, or at work when I didn't have time to eat breakfast. Once in awhile, I have one or half of one + an apple for an afternoon snack if my lunch isn't holding me.

I haven't noticed ANY side effects from eating them other than I like the taste, convenience, and they help me reach my protein goal for the day. I actually like the taste of the KIND bars more, but choose Quest for the added protein.

Then again, I don't have any food sensitivities and seem to have pretty much of an iron gut - so can't speak to anything there ...
  • shawnmstout
    edited June 2015
    Options

Coconut Cashew
    Banana Nut Muffin
    Cinnamon Roll

I typically eat them 3-4 times per week. Most often when I'm rushing out the door to work out and need something in my stomach, or at work when I didn't have time to eat breakfast. Once in awhile, I have one or half of one + an apple for an afternoon snack if my lunch isn't holding me.

I haven't noticed ANY side effects from eating them other than I like the taste, convenience, and they help me reach my protein goal for the day. I actually like the taste of the KIND bars more, but choose Quest for the added protein.

Then again, I don't have any food sensitivities and seem to have pretty much of an iron gut - so can't speak to anything there ...

any benefits, have you noticed any difference with the added protein/fiber?
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I bought some of the Quest Chips and I have been enjoying them. In particular I have really liked the BBQ flavor. To me they have a lot of spice and taste like Baked Lays. They only have 5 carbs and have 21 grams of protein. I'll take that and feel like I am eating chips with my lunch.

nice, how much salt and calories --- if you dont mind me asking
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Quest bars but kind of got burned out on them, especially the consistency. I've recently discovered 22 Days protein bars .... organic, all natural, plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free. They don't have anywhere near the number of flavors that Quest has, but the ones they do have are delicious (IMHO) and the texture is much, much better!

36 dollars for a box of 12? How delicious are we talking…….?
  • shawnmstout
    Options

i wouldnt buy with the box, i usually buy individual, buy 3 get 1 free at gnc, that is what i do. As you can see some people really like them and some people dont at all, so it would very, i would definitely try before you buy a box, btw, you only save $0.50 by buying by the box at gnc
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

i wouldnt buy with the box, i usually buy individual, buy 3 get 1 free at gnc, that is what i do. As you can see some people really like them and some people dont at all, so it would very, i would definitely try before you buy a box, btw, you only save $0.50 by buying by the box at gnc

I wasn't talking about Quest bars. Quest are only like $26 for a box of 12 at GNC with a membership. I was talking about the 22 Day bars. Those are the ones that are $36 for 12.
  • shawnmstout
    Options

I wasn't talking about Quest bars. Quest are only like $26 for a box of 12 at GNC with a membership. I was talking about the 22 Day bars. Those are the ones that are $36 for 12.

oh, sorry I should of pressed "show previous quotes" :wink:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I AM ADDICTED TO THEM! They are sooooooo good. I love them baked. If you haven't tried YOU HAVE to! They are 1000x better baked (certain flavors)

Best flavors
    Double chocolate
    cookie dough (amazing baked)
    white chocolate raspberry
    cookies n cream
    apple pie (amazing baked and unbaked, totally different each way.)
    cinnamon roll (not a fan of it baked though)
    Strawberry cheesecake (not good baked but amazing in fridge for a bit)
    S'more (HAS to be baked, not that good unbaked I didn't think, but baked it tastes better than a real s'mores, so good)

OK
    pb&j
    coconut cashew
    mint chocolate
    S'mores unbaked
    chocolate pb

Not that good
    peanut butter deluxe (too boring)
    chocolate brownie (but baked it is VERY good)
    lemon
    vanilla almond
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Where do you guys buy? From VitaCost I just got three 12 pack boxes for $65 including shipping.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough!
  • geministyle
    geministyle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    any benefits, have you noticed any difference with the added protein/fiber?[/quote]

Just that I feel more satisfied eating one of the Quest bars vs. something else for equivalent calories.
    I really do find them quite filling, which is important for me since I like to EAT.

I WISH I liked the Quest chips as I am a potato chip fiend. I satisfy my cravings with the BBQ popped chips from Trader Joes. No protein really, though.

FYI, I buy mine from Amazon for around $24-$25 for a box of 12 ...