My review of Quest Protein Bars

Options
1235»

Replies

• shawnmstout
    shawnmstout Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i buy mine from gnc because it is across the street from my house and i like picking out a few at a time instead of by the box
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i buy mine from gnc because it is across the street from my house and i like picking out a few at a time instead of by the box

On the quest website, you can add any 12 bars to your cart and they'll automatically charge you the price for a 12 pack, which is 24.99.
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    same price for gnc though, 24.99 per box, however they charge $0.50 more for a mixture, im sure your paying more than that for shipping, plus its across the street from me so that is the main reason, convenience.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate chunk and cookies and cream are only flavours I have now.

For dessert some nights, I put the chocolate quest bar in a bowl, and microwave for 15-20 seconds, then pour over thick vanilla custard. Omg heavenly :love:
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    same price for gnc though, 24.99 per box, however they charge $0.50 more for a mixture, im sure your paying more than that for shipping, plus its across the street from me so that is the main reason, convenience.

Ohhh, I thought someone was mentioning $33 or something. Quest had free shipping codes, if you ever feel like not leaving the house lmao.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about them, which makes them perfect for me. I can toss one in my bag in case I get hungry on the go, but I won't be tempted to eat it just because it's there the way I would with basically any other food on the planet.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I tried my first one this morning - double choc. Definitely not for me although it smelled nice when heated - it was just too artificial and left a bitter taste like raw cocoa. I have 2 more flavours to try but am not holding out much hope
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @KiwiAlexP I'm assuming you're in NZ. How much are you guys paying for quest bars there?
    Here in Aus, they're $5.25 each or $42 for a box of 12. It totally sucks, but I'm addicted to them, so pay the exorbitant price :rage:
  • shawnmstout
    Options
    @KiwiAlexP I'm assuming you're in NZ. How much are you guys paying for quest bars there?
    Here in Aus, they're $5.25 each or $42 for a box of 12. It totally sucks, but I'm addicted to them, so pay the exorbitant price :rage:

holy crap, i am sorry to hear that, that is a lot
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think they are awesome. I love chocolate chip cookie dough the best. Strawberry cheesecake is ok, cookies and cream was ok, chocolate and peanut butter, not a fan. For low sugar and hi protein, you can't beat them. Price does suck though. I buy them on amazon.
  • ivarunsoncoffee
    ivarunsoncoffee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think they are nasty tasting! The texture is all wrong. But hey, if it works for you...
  • smilesfromdanica
    smilesfromdanica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love love love them. Nutritionally, they are pretty solid. Some flavors are not for me - but it's a taste preference, not a texture or quality thing. The texture is better than any protein bar I've tried. I don't microwave them (popular recommendation), but that's how my boyfriend prefers to eat them. I split some of the bars with my mother to help her with her sweet cravings and she loves them now too. She cut a couple bars into little bite size cubes and packed them for a 12 hour trip. Makes a great snack.

Apple Pie or Banana Nut Muffin are the best breakfast with my coffee at work. :-) Smores and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavors are a super alternative to candy bars. Half a quest bar is soooo much more satisfying in my belly and on my taste buds when I need a sweet pick me up. I order my bars directly from QuestNutrition.com because you can try any flavor without ordering a box of them. If you select 12 bars add them to your shopping cart - and the 12th bar triggers a "box" discount so the variety you put together ends up the same price as a box of a single flavor. The box is 24.99 and a couple times I have found free shipping or 10% discount codes I've applied at checkout.

There is my opinion and advice. Give them a shot!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I tried these after a friend's similar review - raving particularly about the taste. You can always find them on some sale - I find them constantly around $1 at either GNC or Amazon.

I need to start traveling to your gnc :smiley:

I just bought 4 boxes @$22/box and buy 3 get one free so $1.38/bar. Plus they were pushing the new Mint Chocolate Chunk flavor, so got 4 free sample bars.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    It’s not even fair how cheap you guys can get them in the States. They’re at least $3 a pop here in Canada.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars, about 2 years ago, completely stole my heart (and my purse, bank account, etc). But honestly, these taste SO good and put cravings to a complete HALT. One thing I wish is that I'd tried more flavours sooner, I stuck with the Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, White Choc Chunk and Double Choc Chunk as these were the flavours 90% of people on message boards (I'm trying to make this one not the same!) raved about so I assumed the others were 'meh'. In truth, I absolutely LOVED them - from Coconut Cashew, Lemon Pie, Mixed Berry Bliss, Apple Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake to Peanut Butter Surpreme and Chocolate Peanut Butter (I don't even like coconut or lemon!!!! It was a flook I decided to get a mixed box and took the plunge with these). Now onto VANILLA ALMOND CRUNCH. This reminds me of vanilla frosting and is probably my number 1 (I didn't expect it either). So if anyone gets anything from this post, I hope it's eagered you to try more flavours.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    blazergrad wrote: »
    I used to eat the Quest bars but kind of got burned out on them, especially the consistency. I've recently discovered 22 Days protein bars .... organic, all natural, plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free. They don't have anywhere near the number of flavors that Quest has, but the ones they do have are delicious (IMHO) and the texture is much, much better!

Where did you get them from? i never heard of it before

@shawnmstout Unfortunately the only place I've ever found them, other than online, is at Sprouts Farmers Market. They're quite a bit cheaper at Sprouts than they are via Amazon.... $1.99 vs. $2.50 and upwards per bar.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I've now found Quest bars at our local Trader Joe's priced around $2.49. I've tried chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, and smores. My go-to is Think Thin bars.

Here's my review for Quest:
    Chocolate chip cookie dough: good enough. Can't get past the texture though.
    cookies and cream: tastes like a cookie. It's good but not great.
    smores: too, too sweet for my liking and still don't like the texture.
  • leleskaya
    leleskaya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also a big fan and it helps me with my sweet tooth. Simply love them and my diet would be ruined if I couldnt have them.

I am used to xylitol as sweetener but I recognize it has an after taste that some ppl might dislike.