Quest Bars!

I have never been a big fan of protein bars because most of them taste like crap and turns out aren't very good for you. I started eating quest bars as a quick snack about a year ago and seriously love them. My favorite is apple pie or strawberry cheese cake! What's your favorite?

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Mint Chocolate Chunk
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    I'd eat them if their price was in line with pure protein... at roughly 2x the cost (for only slightly better quality w. similar amounts of protein/bar), I just can't pull the trigger on a regular basis.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Love them. Faves are cookie dough, cookies n cream, vanilla almond crunch, any with peanut butter and banana nut muffin. Only one I wouldn't ever try is the mint one as hate anything sweet that's minty. Also never tried the coconut cashew one as it just didn't appeal, and by chance (I get the variety multipacks on eBay) I've never had S'mores or the lemon pie one either.
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    Been hearing a lot about them lately, but have never had them. Maybe I should :)
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    jamieb55 wrote: »
    Been hearing a lot about them lately, but have never had them. Maybe I should :)

Try them! So good and no guilt after a good treat!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I AM ADDICTED TO THEM! They are sooooooo good. I love them baked. If you haven't tried YOU HAVE to! They are 1000x better baked (certain flavors)

Best flavors
    Double chocolate
    cookie dough (amazing baked)
    white chocolate raspberry
    cookies n cream
    apple pie (amazing baked and unbaked, totally different each way.)
    cinnamon roll (not a fan of it baked though)
    Strawberry cheesecake (not good baked but amazing in fridge for a bit)
    S'more (HAS to be baked, not that good unbaked I didn't think, but baked it tastes better than a real s'mores, so good)

OK
    pb&j
    coconut cashew
    mint chocolate
    S'mores unbaked
    chocolate pb

Not that good
    peanut butter deluxe (too boring)
    chocolate brownie (but baked it is VERY good)
    lemon
    vanilla almond
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    In this order:

Smores (microwaved for 9 secs!)
    White Chocolate Raspberry
    Apple Pie (also microwaved for 9 secs)
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Too bad they use sugar alcohols. I tried a bar with that stuff a few years back and had to RUN to the bathroom several minutes later.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Actually, I just looked into it and they don't use the same sugar alcohol that the other bar I tried used (maltitol vs quests erythritol). Maybe they are worth a try.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I personally don't get the obsession...I've had them...they're fine...but the way many people go on about them, I should have been walking around having orgasms while I was eating it.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    I LOVE the cookies and creme ones.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Cookies and cream, lemon pie, and raspberry white chocolate!

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    They are okay tasting but very expensive and if I eat a whole one, even with tons of water, they constipate me. I have to limit them to 1/2 a bar a day max. I'd rather eat real food.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I like raspberry white chocolate and chocolate chip cookie dough. Others I will eat if I'm hungry and they are what's available, but those flavors are the only two I'd really seek out.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Ohhim wrote: »
    I'd eat them if their price was in line with pure protein... at roughly 2x the cost (for only slightly better quality w. similar amounts of protein/bar), I just can't pull the trigger on a regular basis.

If you are a member at GNC you get them at a discount and you can also purchase them online for less usually:)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Ohhim wrote: »

That's the way I am. I was able to get a deal on a box of 12 for $18 with free shipping, but otherwise they're a once in a while treat. I did see that Trader Joe's is now carrying them at $2.39 a pop.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I personally don't get the obsession...I've had them...they're fine...but the way many people go on about them, I should have been walking around having orgasms while I was eating it.

I agree I eat them, I like therre powderr but some people are just obsessed with the idea of quest it's annoying.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I like them because I find them on sale - latest was GNC at 1.37/bar. For the taste they're better than average and I'm diggin' their chocolate varieties - very filling and high in fiber to boot. My go to for breakfast through the week due to hectic schedule.
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    I AM ADDICTED TO THEM! They are sooooooo good. I love them baked. If you haven't tried YOU HAVE to! They are 1000x better baked (certain flavors)

Best flavors
    Double chocolate
    cookie dough (amazing baked)
    white chocolate raspberry
    cookies n cream
    apple pie (amazing baked and unbaked, totally different each way.)
    cinnamon roll (not a fan of it baked though)
    Strawberry cheesecake (not good baked but amazing in fridge for a bit)
    S'more (HAS to be baked, not that good unbaked I didn't think, but baked it tastes better than a real s'mores, so good)

OK
    pb&j
    coconut cashew
    mint chocolate
    S'mores unbaked
    chocolate pb

Not that good
    peanut butter deluxe (too boring)
    chocolate brownie (but baked it is VERY good)
    lemon
    vanilla almond

I've never tried them baked but have heard nothing but good things! Definitely will try it!