Ladies who lift heavy!

Options

Replies

• sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and am a fairly new lifter. I have two boys--4 and 2. Anyone can feel free to add me! I'd love the support of others in the same boat. Currently, those I talk to are the type that warn me to avoid lifting too heavy to avoid getting....bulky. Ugh!

I'd love some ladies on my friend's list who lift!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - my advice would be to run the strong curves program as designed, or another program, and don't try to re-design it to fit your homemade one.

cosign.

if you're going to run a program. run the program. it doesn't make sense to just do whatever you want.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Been lifting for 6 weeks with a pt, would be happy to have more lifting friends on here :)
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hey stef! Thanks for the information. I'm actually a very experienced lifter - I started when I was 14 and have done it on and off for 20 years! I usually go for isolation over total body and strong lifts type stuff, but I can appreciate the value of both approaches! Before my pregnancy, I was squatting and deadlifting over 200 lbs! I would love to get back there and development of my glutes seems like a great way to support that goal. Thanks again for sharing information, hope to see you around :)

[/quote]

Feel free to add me. I do my own thing too! I'm a fan of the split you are currently doing.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hello. Doing Strong Curves here too.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    hey there, four kids here - 12, 9, 2, and 1. I also sort of do my own version of a program, I'm in maintenance now and I also run because I like it....feel free to add me. I'm kinda quiet on the feed, but I log in every day and always reply to buddies needing anything! I've been lifting since high school and now I'm 36 - only took off during the times I was pregnant!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I can always use more lifters on my fl. I train like a powerlifter but have not competed yet. I'm turning 40 next month and I think my bday present to myself will be to enter my first competition.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Love lifting, even have my own bench/plates lol. Feel free to add me!

• TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I design my own circuits. Was a hard core lifter for last 3 years and now incorporating more crossfit into my sessions. Diary is open. Workouts are in my food notes.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I have been lifting since 2006. I love it. I am 49 and feel better now than when I was in my 20s
    Please add me.
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am doing the NROLFW. My lifting start date was yesterday, second day tomorrow, and since invested in a power rack, bench, bars and plates. I would totally dig having other lady lifters as friends! So what do we do, just randomly add each other? Or?
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I
    I am doing the NROLFW. My lifting start date was yesterday, second day tomorrow, and since invested in a power rack, bench, bars and plates. I would totally dig having other lady lifters as friends! So what do we do, just randomly add each other? Or?

I added everyone who responded! Thrilled by how many strong women are here to support one another!
  • lorriejharrell
    lorriejharrell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is there a place where we can post questions, comments, etc from our fellow lady lifters? I would love to know what others are using for supplements or nutrition or even what type of workouts you do?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    There are also a few groups that have lifters. There is a women weight training group, "eat, train, progress" (which isn't just women but is a great group with good resources, and groups for women doing both Stronglifts and New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 29 and have a 7 year old daughter. I've been lifting for about two years! I'll send a request! Add me whoever else! Love having fellow lifters on my feed!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ooh, add me! :]
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I have the new rules for lifting book for pick up at the library and I'm going to purchase the strong lifts book today. I plan to start one of them on Monday although I'll be on vacation so hopefully the hotel has a decent weight rack!

• mhollender84
    mhollender84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Added you! I'm 30, have an almost 3yo and a 2 month old. I've been lifting for a few years. I'm doing Strong Curves right now... My goal is to do a bikini competition next Spring. Anyone else into that?
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    33 year old mother of a five year old kid. Really need lifter friends to keep me motivated. I am doing STRONGLIFT 5x5.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would love more friends who lift. I'm 34 (tomorrow) and have been lifting for just over a year. I did Strong lifts 5x5 in the fall and have been working on Strong Curves as well.