What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's a strange kind of victory, but I injured myself last week and had to spend Saturday inactive, at home, often with my foot up. By the time I went to bed, my muscles were zinging with unexpended energy. I realized that I've become accustomed to doing 1.5-2 hours of exercise in a day (often + dancing), and it was hard for me NOT to be active.

That is a big victory for me, because I've never thought of myself as sporty.

Now, I need to find some things to do while I'm being careful of my foot. The hula hoop has come out . . .
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I started this, I wanted to be able to get into a certain pair of shorts. This weekend I buttoned them! Still need a bit more off to wear them comfortably after "swimming" in my bigger shorts, but I am so dang proud of myself!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This morning I was getting changed after a swim. My husband looked up and said "wow, you have abs!" I've never had abs you could see before! Rolls you could see from space, but abs, not so much. Feeling pretty proud of myself about now :D
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ok I've got a few!
    This past Saturday was the Akron, OH Get Thirsty 8K. It was DOWNPOURING all morning. Including a breezy freezing rain blast right at the beginning. I was scared of running on the street because of how slick it was but I figured I'd give it a shot. Averaged a 13:25 mile time and ran much more than I walked.
    Then yesterday I went to the Dillard's semi-annual bra & undie sale and I'm down a band size! I haven't been that band size in...probably 6 years? I was so excited.
    Today, my Rock Star super skinny jeans from Old Navy, are loose. Kinda awkward when your skinny jeans are baggy.
  • kohlhagh
    kohlhagh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    At the gym today, one of the heavy lifters works where I do but we rarely see each other at work or at gym. He usually works out in the morning and I usually work out at night. I haven't seen him in two months. I saw him today and he said he saw my truck and was looking for me, and saw me, but didn't see ME! He said he didn't recognize me! Yay!! He said I looked great and the hard work is paying off. Oh yeah, and now the other women at the gym say hey girl to me now. Like I am a regular or something.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I can wear a skirt without tights underneath!!!! My thighs still rub a bit but nowhere near as bad.

My smallest pair of pants are too big.

My tattoos seem to be growing! According to my tattooist, it's because I'm shrinking lol. But they're looking alright still thankfully.
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Logging even when I eat outside of my plans (that pint of Ben and Jerry's while on vacation). Hitting the treadmill even when I was tired. Fitting into a size L with room to spare!
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This might seem like nothing but I can get on and off the bus much easier now. Before I had to haul myself up and very carefully step down holding onto the bus, which I thought was because I'm so short. Nope, just heavy :) Now I can get on/off easily and I don't feel embarrassed any more. I'm still big but have been exercising a lot lately and think that's made me lighter on my feet.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    This morning I looked in the mirror and almost cried. Last week I turned 55, I am in the best shape of my life. I can now run 5 miles, do a sprint triathlon, I am sober for 30 years, I am no longer on the obese BMI.
    Life does get better.

<3
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Did two planks in the gym today. Held it for 35 secs. Before I couldn't even attempt it. The other day I could raise my legs on the parallel bar 10 times! This took 6 weeks to achieve, by the way. And on the elliptical my heart rate used to be around 140 on level 10, resistance 1 to the same dance music I listen to. For days now, I have been increasing the resistance and my heart rate slowed down to a max 130. So my heart is in better shape too! Yippeee!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I pulled up my favorite pair of pants to my chest and they were still too long...
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I no longer make an involuntary noise when I get up from a sitting position. I didn't realise I was doing it until my daughter pointed it out.

Started C25K - making sure I have the rest days as per the advice, but I was feeling really antsy so I had to go and do something - the garage has never been tidier.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @hugheseva To know your heart is getting in better shape is one of the best NSV's I've read. Congratulations.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I forgot and washed my favorite white denim capri's in hot water. They fit better now than before!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Moms might relate: did a full body workout and took a shower. Half hour after that, the whole family was still sleeping.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Last week was one NVS after another, but I haven't gotten around to posting them.

-Fit into a dress size and cut I haven't fit into in a long time. I saw the dress on the hanger and thought, "No way this will fit me," but it did!
    -Bought a pair of pants in a single digit size!
    -I saw my mother-in-law over the weekend and the first thing she said to me was, "Hello, Mrs. Skinny!" lol

• Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My triglycerides went from 250 to 124!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Datarn wrote: »
    My triglycerides went from 250 to 124!!!
    <3
    That's really what it's all about, right? Better health for the win!
  • lucyholdcroft363
    lucyholdcroft363 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Running my first 5k this morning 2cfcmflfmlzh.jpg
    :sunglasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!