itWorks - does it really?

Options

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Why is it that whenever people ask about pills/wraps/shakes it's always after they have purchased the product? I would think it would make more sense to ask before buying. Not judging, just genuinely curious.

OP, if you might want to go on their site and find out what their return policy is. You might be able to return them if you don't open them.
  • stephmariemke
    stephmariemke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Why is it that whenever people ask about pills/wraps/shakes it's always after they have purchased the product? I would think it would make more sense to ask before buying. Not judging, just genuinely curious.

OP, if you might want to go on their site and find out what their return policy is. You might be able to return them if you don't open them.

I understand. I'm kicking myself in the butt for it too. I tried researching it through google but I saw a lot of good feedback from that. Then I started up on this site a week after purchasing the product and figured I'd ask a community of fitness people what their thoughts were and got a totally different response.

It's still in the process of even being delivered and luckily one of my good friends was who I bought it through so hopefully she can help me out with the return process (if available).
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you would have the same results sending your money to me :D
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I used to sell it as well. I've seen results in people but never saw them on myself. I believe the fat fighters work though.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I used to sell it as well. I've seen results in people but never saw them on myself. I believe the fat fighters work though.

So you knew they were not in a calorie deficit?
  • 3stepsahead
    3stepsahead Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a tech company with the same name , funny.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

I understand. I'm kicking myself in the butt for it too. I tried researching it through google but I saw a lot of good feedback from that. Then I started up on this site a week after purchasing the product and figured I'd ask a community of fitness people what their thoughts were and got a totally different response.

It's still in the process of even being delivered and luckily one of my good friends was who I bought it through so hopefully she can help me out with the return process (if available).

And I hope that if she is a good friend, she will help you return the products, since I think you have heard enough feedback (albeit not always in the tone you liked) that these will not be a solution you want to invest your money in. I hope she doesn't try to pressure you to keep the products, ignore the naysayers, and instead rely on the totally reliable testimonials she can provide you or that are readily available through google. (Which by the way - google ads and search results are largely driven by pay per click and can be manipulated by optimizing key words and other techniques to get the links they want you to see elevated in the search history with the negative comments buried)...

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

A few of the ingredients in the fat fighters have shown some positive short term results in a couple small trials. In MUCH higher dosage levels. We're talking 1000+% higher levels. All those things are is a bunch of stuff that "might" do something in massive quanties, mixed together in insignificant amounts, and packaged and sold as a way to screw people out of their money. A complete and utter joke of a product, from a complete and utter joke of a company. It disgusts me that people make a living screwing over their friends and family.
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it.

I've seen more than one post from people who have blogged their success from hard work and dedication and have then been approached and offered good money by ItWorks to sell their 'before and after' photos and to say that they owe their success to ItWorks...

Unfortunately, I'm friends with (we're growing apart) someone who falls into so many MLMs (5Linx, and now this ItWorks mess) and she has a before and after photo. I've known her for over 10 years. The before photo is from college when she gained the freshman 15. She doesn't work (she's a lawyer "with her own business"), works out a lot and she's a vegan yet she's displaying her college photo and her current photo side by side as if she really used this stuff to lose weight. I cringe everytime I see some idiot in her comments telling her that they want to use the products. I hate it...it's so unethical and awful..
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    It Works doesn't work? How sad and surprising.
    This is more disappointing than The Neverending Story.

At least the neverending story finally ends.
  • ich_ashalyn
    ich_ashalyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The only people who say it works are people who sell it.

Yep. That is the only time I have ever seen people claim "it works". Bunch of BS if you ask me....hate the "get skinny" schemes or any crap like that.

• WinoGelato
    Options

But it includes one of the saddest scenes EVER in ANY movie.

The horse dies because it is too sad. It has the sads. So it dies. How are we all not scarred for life because of that movie?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

The horse dies because it is too sad. It has the sads. So it dies. How are we all not scarred for life because of that movie?

SPOILER ALERT!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT!

Look, I am doing people a favor here man.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/the-neverending-story-why-adults-should-never-watch#.dnj2xYlov
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

That part in that movie - OMG. I can't believe I survived that scene when I was a kid.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it.

I've seen more than one post from people who have blogged their success from hard work and dedication and have then been approached and offered good money by ItWorks to sell their 'before and after' photos and to say that they owe their success to ItWorks...

Unfortunately, I'm friends with (we're growing apart) someone who falls into so many MLMs (5Linx, and now this ItWorks mess) and she has a before and after photo. I've known her for over 10 years. The before photo is from college when she gained the freshman 15. She doesn't work (she's a lawyer "with her own business"), works out a lot and she's a vegan yet she's displaying her college photo and her current photo side by side as if she really used this stuff to lose weight. I cringe everytime I see some idiot in her comments telling her that they want to use the products. I hate it...it's so unethical and awful..

Gasp! A lawyer who is unethical?
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT!

Dang it, I've never seen the movie! Just assumed that since it was a MOVIE that it probably had to end at some point. Poor little horsie . . .
  • hbach83
    hbach83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No - the wraps do not work. I tried one 2 years ago and it did nothing. The consultant offered to do another one for me, for free, and that wasn't even enticing enough for me to waste my time on it again. You know what did work? Changing my diet and getting off my @ss. Go figure! ;)