Sugar Addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• ccanga
    ccanga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My problem is that every day around 2pm I have 10 Hershey Kisses and a small bag of M&M. what can I substitute for this. The issue is the workplace has strategically placed chocolate everywhere. grrrrr
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ccanga wrote: »
    My problem is that every day around 2pm I have 10 Hershey Kisses and a small bag of M&M. what can I substitute for this. The issue is the workplace has strategically placed chocolate everywhere. grrrrr

Do those Hershey's kisses and M&M's fit into your daily goal?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

that does not sound like a problem unless said food is putting you in a surplus.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - if your sugar addiction is truly that bad then check yourself into rehab or seek professional help. Lack of will power does not equal addiction.
    The bolded can not be stressed enough.

I agree with this.

I find my willpower is definitely weaker around sugar in social situations, but it is not an addiction. That's whole other ballgame.

However, it's 100% acceptable to moderate sugar intake-this would include sweet stuff, fruits, and vegetables, and anything else that contains sugar.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

that does not sound like a problem unless said food is putting you in a surplus.

You forget, sugar = morbid obesity and fatty death. Eating a head of lettuce is obviously much more "healthy".

Not necessarily. People can be morbidly obese and not eat a lot of sugar. They can also be thin and eat a lot of sugar, both added and natural. As to weight loss, it's calories in/calories out, because obesity comes from eating too much food.

However, poor nutrition can result from overloading on too much overall sugar/carbs and not including enough of your essential macros, such as fat and protein.