On average, how much sleep do u get?

Options

Replies

• stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If I am lucky I can get 4 straight. I've been retired since 2009 so I guess it doesn't matter since I can take a nap any darn time I want to. woo hooo! sometimes I don't even go to sleep till the sun rises. This doesn't bother my workouts since I would be going to gym by 5:30 pm. and goodness no it doesnt affect my appetite
  • Justinelovezumba32
    Justinelovezumba32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    8ish during the week. almost 15 on saturdays.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not enough. I go to bed at 9 and wake up at 4, but I typically don't fall asleep until 10, wake up multiple times throughout the night, and always wake up 10-15 minutes before my alarm clock goes off. I'd say I get about 5 hours of actual sleep on a good night.

Appetite? I haven't noticed that it has any effect on my appetite. I'm always hungry no matter how many hours of sleep I get or what my calorie goal might be. My reality. Training/recovery? Detrimental. My workouts are fine, but they would be better if I got more sleep. I recently started having some joint pain, which I'm sure is caused by several factors, but lack of sleep is probably one of them. I'm not allowing my body to recover in the way it needs to. On weekends I sleep about 7 hours, so I don't even make up for it on my actual rest days.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    6-7, but would love 8-9. Hours of sleep I mean :) haha
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Usually 6-7 hours per night...closer to 6...rarely more than 7, even on weekends.
  • sweetandsassyred
    sweetandsassyred Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I get about 3-4 hours and wish I could get more.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    5 or 6 usually. when i get the low end of sleep it affects my attitude more than it affects my workout itself. I can't remember the last time i got over 8 hours of sleep. When i try to sleep more than 6, my body automatically wakes up
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    6-8 at least
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    8ish during the week. almost 15 on saturdays.

15?! You'd give my dog a run for his money! ;)
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    6-7 usually
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Usually 7 hours or so. I tend to eat more sugary / fatty foods if I'm tired so I would like to get more.
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    4-5 on good days but that is changing as it is messing with my appetite and energy levels lol
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    5 or less, but I need 9!!
  • nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    5 or less but I definately need 6-7
  • sugaandgrits
    sugaandgrits Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    6 hrs
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Soggynode wrote: »
    3hrs avg, 5hrs max, 2hrs common, naps when I can.

Some of the time it's my fault though o:) Joking.

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    When I was working I only slept 3-4 hours a night and often not at all. I couldn't turn my brain off due to stress and I was overweight and very uncomfortable. Now that I'm retired I'm sleeping much better; 6-7hrs per night. Occasionally I'll even hit the 8 -8 1/2 hour mark. I had to take sleeping pills to function when I was working and it was getting pretty bad. Now no pills and sleeping naturally every night. I'm at a normal weight now and have much less stress so that's helped a great deal.

I feel for everyone struggling from lack of sleep; it's the worst thing possible for your health.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    7-8 hours.

My eyes weep for the amt of sleep I'm seeing in this thread. :anguished:
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Some nights I will get nearly 10 hours, another will be closer to 6, but in actuality I'm a terrible sleeper.
    My 4 year old sleeps like a log and has since she was a tiny baby, yet I wake up several times each night. :D
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    A lot... seriously. 8-10 most nights... occasionally once or twice a week I get little to no sleep though.