160+ pounds to lose. Umpteenth time trying

Options
2»

Replies

• wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 pounds so far and still have over 100 to go. It's going to be a long road for me as well. We can all do this! We must support and motivate each other to stay on track. This isn't a 'diet', it's a lifestyle change! I also am incorporating foods I love in smaller portions. Nothing is off limits - as long as it fits in my daily calorie goals then I'm okay with it. Trying to incorporate a little exercise in as well. Now that the summer is here I can get in the pool and swim or do water aerobics. I look forward to my pool time in the evenings after work. Even though I've only lost 11 pounds so far, I've also lost 5 inches. Yay! :D My co-workers have noticed and are very encouraging. I work with several ladies who have had weight loss surgery in the past and they are my biggest (no pun intended) cheerleaders. Surgery scares me so I want to do this on my own. I know I can - I just have to keep lugging along. We all need a support system. Anyone on here, please feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • humbled2015
    humbled2015 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    The umpteenth time is the magic number! Start with small changes so you don't get overwhelmed. Log everything that goes in your mouth. Start with small walks maybe 5 minutes if you can. When I started here I could only walk 2 minutes at a time. Good Luck!
    You are so right. I'm a big fan of logging accurately. I have good scales; both in my bathroom to accurately weigh me; and in the kitchen to weigh what goes into the food I eat. I create my own recipes that match how I actually prepare my food so the nutritional information is more accurate. And you're right about starting small on the exercise. Maybe I can employ one of my children to go on a walk with me....

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    The umpteenth time is the magic number! Start with small changes so you don't get overwhelmed. Log everything that goes in your mouth. Start with small walks maybe 5 minutes if you can. When I started here I could only walk 2 minutes at a time. Good Luck!
    You are so right. I'm a big fan of logging accurately. I have good scales; both in my bathroom to accurately weigh me; and in the kitchen to weigh what goes into the food I eat. I create my own recipes that match how I actually prepare my food so the nutritional information is more accurate. And you're right about starting small on the exercise. Maybe I can employ one of my children to go on a walk with me....

My granddaughter goes with me and pushes me when I want to stop! Great idea!
  • nidiagauger
    nidiagauger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just visited my Dr today to ask about losing baby weight... 50+lbs... he told me that having good muscle tone means that I will always be on the higher end of the BMI scale. I'm 5'3" and he told me 145 would not be amiss as a goal weight. BMI states under 126 or so.... just saying