I just deleted a bunch of friends.

Options

Replies

• keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have less than 10 friends on here.I motivate myself so i dont have friends for that.I have an open diary and i log all my food.I like friends with open diaries cause it helps me with my goals.I would rather have a few friends who try to log each day and share thier weight loss and challenges,than those who log in everyday just for the streak.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i delete once they hit 5 days of not logging!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Motivation and accountability is amazing and helpful but it seems some need a babysitter and want to be one to others for success. Wowza.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Imaginary friends on the internet really aren't there. They're just words on a screen.
    Maybe to you. I happen to have friends on the net that have been great friends for a lot of years. Some of them, I have never met in person. One of those imaginary friends passed away last week. I cried real tears for the loss of a real person who had real feelings and who was a significant part of my life for over 10 years.

Personally I do grow to care for people that I call friends on the net. Those words on the screen have real people behind them who have real feelings and real lives. Many may come and go in your life and some will touch you in ways that may even change you. I think more people need to remember that.
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    months? I deleted after a couple days....people say they wont support and a dependable friend well, it goes both ways!
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how long is too long. Looks like I have some cleaning to do!
  • synfulNsweet
    synfulNsweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only just started this week, but certainly would appreciate any friends and motivation to keep me on track. :)
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Those of you that delete after a couple of days, what is your system? Seriously, I find this fascinating. Do you go into each of their profiles and check up on them?

Man, that sounds like a lot of work and all because they do not post RAH RAH's often enough. There should be a robot rent-a-crowd option here on MFP - a bunch of fake folk that come in and make the right noises on cue, if that is all you look for. Robo-cheerleaders.

and deleting a person if they ever voice frustration or moan? That is hardcore. Can't we all just be ourselves, warts and all? Do we have to pretend our lives are perfect and that we are always motivated and never eat a cheese curl?

I can't control your deleting policies, but if you are that rigid, please for the love of the heavens, don't add me.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I only have three friends in the 32 days Ive been here so I havent deleted anyone. The ones that I do have are very supportive and its really helpful to see how everyone is going about their journey.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    If the OP does accept your friend request, just don't get to close and attached. He will delete you and break your heart without ever looking back. :)

Yeah, that's how I roll. :D
  • wwstewart
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    LOL....I don't need anyone to motivate me, as I am looking after my health and fitness for myself...And I don't want a bunch of needy people who needs a constant "you go girl" or they will blame their own failure on the lack thereof...

It's not about that. It's about being motivated by seeing people kicking *kitten*. We're not all mindless sheep. :smile:
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just lost my streak at 340 days, but I was kind of half assed logging anyway. I don't usually delete anyone. Sometimes, life kicks you in the *kitten* and weight loss/healthy lifestyle takes a back seat. I get that, and I'm happy to welcome them back. However, I will post my mistakes in addition to my triumphs. I was unfriended by someone recently for posting that I lost control and binged on jalapeno cheese curls. lol.

Jalapeno cheese curls!! I would friend you for that! They are worth every evil calorie.
  • wwstewart
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've seen this expressed a bunch of times on the main forums and it's a valid concern for many. But I don't really understand why it's not possible to get the benefits described above by just reading the main forums. There's a lot of muck to wade through maybe, but the success stories and great examples of continued discipline with good results are all over the forums.

Because...have you read most of the forums? There are some really, really *kitten* people in there who are just looking for hook ups.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    lol. Honestly, I don't really understand the point of having "friends" on MFP when we can rely on the forums for motivation/questions/etc. I have a 100+ day logging streak, but other than what MFP posts automatically, I rarely comment on my feed, or anyone else's. I do enjoy the forums though.
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this thread and totally get why people want active friends.

I'm on Day 2 - yep, that's right... two whole days! I DARE you all to friend me and take a chance! I'm truly in it for the long haul. I know what it's takes and don't plan on going anywhere until I get there. B)
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Are 872 days motivational enough?

No. 1500+ or GTFO.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things happen in a persons life that they just don't feel like commenting on things. I logged my calories, but did not comment on posts because my mom passed away on June 20th. Do you think I could be any kind of motivation to anyone? You should at least consider asking them if something is going on in their lives. If they don't answer then maybe delete them
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I like to have a large collection of friends behind me so that when I act like a dick on the forums I have an army behind me to back me up. I'm currently seeking help for my Messiah complex. :)
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I do message the friends who haven't logged in for a few days, a lot of times they message me back saying they were glad I prodded them. Sometimes they were busy, but sometimes they just needed a little motivation. If I message someone two or three times & they haven't replied I delete them. I don't expect perfection or constant likes or comments, but I don't want my friend list bogged down with inactive people.