Help, I'm stuck!

Options
I've gained .04 lbs this month! Any tips or advice for someone who has hit a plateau?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Be patient? Also check that you are logging accurately by weighing all solid food and using accurate database entries.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A) .04 pounds is negligible. B) I know it doesn't make you feel better. C) Try to "change it up" by switching your exercises, foods, etc.

Above all else, make absolutely sure that you're precise in your calorie counting and that your allowances haven't changed. Don't get discouraged. Don't get derailed. Fix it, you can!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I've gained .04 lbs this month! Any tips or advice for someone who has hit a plateau?

LOL...seriously?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Are you sure 0.04 lbs? Daily fluctuations are bigger than that.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Try to understand what normal fluctuations are for your body and don't freak out. I can go up and down 1-3 pounds a day depending on sodium, water, and what the body naturally does. Could I say Relax about it a little?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • Japessebas
    Japessebas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on the scale.
    What type of exercise are you doing?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    .04 lolzzzzz

i gain more when i breath in.

sorry it made me laugh

But yes daily fluctuations.
    when you eat in deficit and you weigh all your food on a food scale i wont worry about it.
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    .04 lolzzzzz

sorry it made me laugh

when you eat in deficit and you weigh all your food on a food scale i wont worry about it.

Yes that is 18 grams.... Or a little more than 1/2 an ounce. Ha..ha......buahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaa
  • BWBTrish
    edited July 2015
    Options
    AdamImadA wrote: »
    .04 lolzzzzz

sorry it made me laugh

Yes that is 18 grams.... Or a little more than 1/2 an ounce. Ha..ha......buahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaa

i think she means a half pound.... but had to laugh about it. hehehe
    i make mistakes like that too btw so no disrespect.
    Have a hard time getting used to the US measuring and weighing.

• Anniebannanie710
    Anniebannanie710 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Japessebas wrote: »
    Stop focusing on the scale.
    What type of exercise are you doing?

Running 25 miles a week and lifting weights for 45 minutes twice a week. I know .4 lbs isn't much. The significance is that I have gained weight instead of losing weight.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    weight loss starts in the kitchen

do you weigh ALL your food on a food scale and dont use cups spoons or serving sizes?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,425 Member
    Options
    Is your period due? Have you been sitting somewhere for an extended period of time some hours before you stepped on the scale? Had a flight? Ate more salt? New workout?
  • Anniebannanie710
    Anniebannanie710 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you sure 0.04 lbs? Daily fluctuations are bigger than that.[/quote]
    Sorry, I meant .4 lbs!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? You need serious help if you're all freaked out over 0.4lbs over a MONTH.