Re: Dislike sugar cereals advertising on a site for fitness.

Options
12346»

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I like cereal, and honestly if you weigh it out its not even a big calorie splurge for the sugary kiddie cereals. granola and muesli are sort of ridiculous tho.

Check out Raisin Bran! LOL!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like cereal, and honestly if you weigh it out its not even a big calorie splurge for the sugary kiddie cereals. granola and muesli are sort of ridiculous tho.

Check out Raisin Bran! LOL!

why would i, when there is french toast crunch?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Look what we made tonight!

dqqsc83d8v66.jpg
    9fd236plgps7.jpg

What is this madness? I'm pretty sure I want it in me.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    We've had entire threads dedicated to the relative merits of Honey Nut Cheerios and their iron content.

I don't enjoy the texture of cereal with milk any more, preferring to soak various grains and fruits in yogurt overnight instead.

This week I picked up Bran Flakes for the awesome iron content (thanks MFP), Cheerios for hubby, and an organic muesli loaded with dried fruit to try with my yogurt. I was disappointed with the commercial muesli as they all had the flaked and baked cereals, which mush up overnight.

To be fair, all 476 of those threads were by the same person.

I am interested in a faux fried ice cream cleanse. When will I see an ad regarding that?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    I've had days when the ads on MFP are for the new KFC doubledowns - luckily I'm not tempted

There's one for the weight loss bucket list.

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    The advertisement targeting is not well done. I get peppered with Tim Horton's ads and I can guarantee you that I am not a Tim Horton's fan nor will I ever be.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    The advertisement targeting is not well done. I get peppered with Tim Horton's ads and I can guarantee you that I am not a Tim Horton's fan nor will I ever be.

Eh, take it as reassurance that Big Brother hasn't completely taken over your computer/phone
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options

dqqsc83d8v66.jpg
    9fd236plgps7.jpg

I wanted to make these when i got home from work but now I'm super jealous because i don't have chocolate chips :'(
    Off to the store at 4am... *sighs*
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

dqqsc83d8v66.jpg
    9fd236plgps7.jpg

Hoe-lee crap on a cracker! I don't know if I love you or hate you right now. lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato that looks freaking awesome!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I wish they would pick their advertisers better.

Check out my diary. Cereal almost every day.

Also, it's Google Adwords--so based on YOUR behaviors, not the website!

Nope. Adwords is search word ads, not display ads.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Hey... I got an ad for a CLEANSE... on MFP!! What should I think of that?! I've never searched for that, nor do I ever go into those threads either...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Another thing... I'm kinda bothered that I don't get all of these food ads people whine about on my pages. :cry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Something tells me we're ALL going to get cereal ads now. I used to regularly get them, in Spanish, which I don't speak.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ads for Quark now. I'm in the US. Actually clicked on it and found out that you can find it in some stores here, just not near here. And that made me sad.

Also diapers (WTF?) and Sbarro (that one makes sense, I got a bite of some last week).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I don't browse cereal sites. High sugar cereals is not a good way to lose weight. Sugar is not very healthy for anyone. Sugar substitutes are worst.

Since I messed up the name of it before, I will mention again that following a particular conversation at MFP I began getting incessant ads for a product called Larvets for a while.

Needless to say, I don't browse mealworm sites. High protein mealworms are not a good way to lose weight (well, for me, because I don't wish to eat them). Mealworms, like sugar, should be consumed in moderation, rather than to excess. Mealworm substitutes are the worst.

(The substitutes, of course, are the sugar-free gummi worms. The reviews at amazon will demonstrate why they are apparently the worst.)

Pretty sure you're my new favorite human.

• Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I suppose the OP is on the absolutely no (sugary) fruit but hey where did this scurvy come from diet.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    You shut your mouth.

I want to go to there.

I've half a mind to friend you based on a Liz Lemon quote. Can't tell if my priorities are spot on or not. Also...those ice cream ball things holy crap I need to make them.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love sugary cereal as part of my post workout snack and still manage to fit it in my daily macros.

#Winning
    #TheyreGreat