Pole fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @Believeinme It'll just get better and better.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    This is one fitness class I have always wanted to take but I can't seem to find one near me :-(
  • Pole_Kat
    Pole_Kat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just did my first class on Saturday and I loved it!! I am black and blue all over and can barely move still today but it was well worth it!!

The bruising gets better, I promise!! :)
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I want to take pole dancing classes but I'm not sure how to just... start? Theres a place near my house that has great reviews and I can try drop in classes first but I'm still so nervous :sweat_smile:
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try this! I just moved to a new city. I will have to check around to see where it might be offered. I live near a big city, so hopefully. I do know that my gym doesn't offer it
  • Local009
    Local009 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I remember being so nervous my first day of class, but it was so much fun. I asked if I could stay and watch a Pole 3/4 class and omg they were amazing. I'm sure I had my mouth open the whole time. That first step is scary, but I'm glad I took it.

• Cainster13
    Cainster13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo,another poler here ,love to make friends and see progress pics ! whoop whoop :) xx
  • squiiishy
    squiiishy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been going to pole fitness for around 2 months now and love it. Noticing little improvements week on week
  • Pole_Kat
    Pole_Kat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »
    I want to take pole dancing classes but I'm not sure how to just... start? Theres a place near my house that has great reviews and I can try drop in classes first but I'm still so nervous :sweat_smile:

Just bite the bullet and do it, I promise you you will be SO happy you did :)
  • Amazingypsy
    Amazingypsy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been going going to pole class for 3 months 3 times a week. Have lost 10 pounds so far. But...still get bruises every time I exercise :(
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    I'm pole-ing a year. I'm sporting a massive inner thigh bruise from Flatline Scorpio, inner arm from an elbow spin and various bruises on my legs from Barbed Wire to Thunderwoman. The bruises will always be there. Goes with the patch. They don't bother me any more
  • NarmaL
    NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pole_Kat wrote: »
    I've been taking pole classes since January and I absolutely love it! I'm looking for fellow pole-ers to chat with here :)

I also run/cycle/hillwalk/climb and ride my two horses!

Kat

Kat, how did you find your class? I've been wanting to do pole fitness for a while. I found two places close to me but they look so seedy. One of them is an actual strip club I think.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love to hear of people working the pole. Love the videos they post. There was one, this lady kept everyone posted on how she was doing, she started off horrible and it was funny. But man, the last video she posted she had lost quite a bit of weight and she was good. It does piss me off the negative remarks I read though, some people just don't have a clue
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    Yeah I still get a bit of negativity, but I don't focus on it and concentrate on all the joy and happiness and confidence pole brings me.
  • aeplume
    aeplume Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try pole fitness! There is even a studio by me I just have always been way too nervous to go in there! I think I'm gonna give it a try after all of this positive feedback!
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town so there are no classes here but I bartend in a brothel that has a spinning pole and a static pole so when all of my cleaning is done and there are no customers I practice on the spinning pole. it's an amazing workout! I used to be great on the pole but after 2.5 years, a baby, and lots of extra weight I'm starting at beginner level
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it tonight for the first time. What should I wear? I have heard you can get some bruises on the skin at your pelvic bone... is that true?
  • Shawna_L
    Shawna_L Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did pole classes for about a year. So much fun and a great workout. I'd probably still be at it, but the studio I used relocated. I'll be honest, I don't miss the bruises!
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I'm trying it tonight for the first time. What should I wear? I have heard you can get some bruises on the skin at your pelvic bone... is that true?

You shouldn't if you are starting as a beginner. The pelvic bruising comes from more advanced tricks. Wear shorts and a t shirt. I imagine you'll be starting with pole holds and the famous chair soin. You start shedding clothes as you advance through the levels.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pole for about 2 years now, and I'm completely addicted. I've lost about 50 lbs since I started, but that has nothing to do with why I do it. It's all about fun, body positivity, performing, strength, and friends! :)