Loose Skin and the Dry Brushing Technique

BabyDuchess
BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,

I read about this on the internet because I was concerned about the possibility of loose skin as I started losing weight. I have been using this technique for the last few months and so far, so good. Keep in mind that I try to keep my weight loss between 1-3 lbs a week, I try to stay hydrated, I do lots of cardio and a few months ago I started lifting weights. Within the last month or so I've started lifting heavy. The reason I'm giving you the background info is because I want you to understand that all of these things plays a role in the state of your skin but I highly recommend body brushing too. My skin is smoother, softer and I've noticed my cellulite getting less noticeable, which I'm sure is also partly because of the weight lifting. It only takes me a couple of minutes before I hop in the shower and it's done. A read somewhere that a nurse in a burn center recommended it because she said it generates skin cell renewal and it made sense to me so I tried it. I hope you'll try it for yourself but remember you must do it on a regular basis to get benefits, although, after I did it the very first time, my skin was noticeably smoother. Here's the link that explains what it is and how to do it. :flowerforyou: http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/healingtechniques/dry_brushing_technique.htm

Replies

• dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Bump!
  • Bump!
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Yeah, what they said =)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Interesting, certainly can't hurt :-)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Very interesting. My mother was just diagnosed with Lymphedema I wonder if this would be something that may benefit her.... Thanks for the link!
  • i dry brush
  • Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Thanks for sharing this BabyD. I'm gonna have to give it a try!
  • BabyDuchess
    i dry brush

What do you think of it?
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    I have never heard of this before! Might try it out :)
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Awesome thanks for the info!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Bump
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Interesting :)
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Never heard of it, but plan to try it! Thanks.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Bump!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    bump
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Interesting...never heard of it. lol
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Ive never heard of this before! I'm interested to see if it works, though. I just took a "before" picture, and if I can remember to keep up with it daily, I will post in a while with an "after" picture to see if anything changed :)
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Bump
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Bump!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Never heard of it, but if you brush the wrong way, it could be fatal?? Sounds sketchy to me.
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Never heard of it, but if you brush the wrong way, it could be fatal?? Sounds sketchy to me.

where does it say that? I can't find it?
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    I heard of this before and did it for a while when I was on lighter life! It is really supposed to work! :)
  • truth i just feel it make my skin smooth and glowy nothing really special...........................i mean i just have glowing skin guessing from the blood flowing but nothing again as far as loose skin or anything.
  • BabyDuchess
    [/quote

I'm not dead yet......never heard of that one. :laugh: :laugh: Walking can be fatal but brushing your skin?? Nope.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    I'm going to give this a try for awhile! See what happens!
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    bump
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Bump to read later
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    bump
  • cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    I've been doing this too but I also believe it takes the weight lifting, hydration, vitamin c supplements for collagen production and the slow weight loss for our skin to keep up with the smaller body.....and it probably won't be the huge miracle I will need but will be a noticeable difference than if we didn't do it.... there will be no way of knowing for sure what our skin would look like if we didn't do it....it's not a huge commitment in money or time and it will help our skin be softer and glowing at any rate....it won't hurt.
This discussion has been closed.