Options
1235»

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    poppy10177 wrote: »
    Thanks anisha i preciate it and you can add me if you'd like and good luck

I hope the only thing you took away from this thread wasn't finding a friend who also believes in miracle substances.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    My best friend was very faithful to herbalife... for years. I was always very iffy about it on how those very expensive products would help and I always tried to dissuade her from using them. When it came to Herbalife, we would have serious arguments, her thinking it worked but I saw that it never did. She never lost the weight she wanted, and those products sent her to the ER. After that, she completely stopped taking those Herbalife products. I'm glad she didn't die because of it.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is just another mlm scam. Low quality junk. Like like the rest of the mlm stuff. Eat at. Calorie deficit and youll lose weight. No fads needed, save your money . These mlm companies prey on desperate nieve people
    , dont be foolish. Save your money and dont fall into the trap.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks anisha i preciate it and you can add me if you'd like and good luck

This is the only post you respond to??

Classic case of only being interested in validating a preconceived notion. Ignore the real, valuable advice. Latch on to the only person who has the same misguided mindset. Follow the path to not accomplishing the goal. Waste both money and time. Sad.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi I started Herbalife 2 months ago and so far it's been working really good for me I haven't found any other diets that I've helped but this one . is anyone else having good luck with it and if so they have a name good advice for me while being on it. So far ive lost over 20 lbs

You will have luck with any diet as long as you eat at a calorie deficit.

That said, you can eat at a deficit without any weight loss product and still lose weight, therefore the weight loss product is 100% unnecessary.
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Community Guidelines specifically ban promotion of any products in the forums.

The community guidelines specifically ban advertising or promotion of products by those who stand to benefit financially or otherwise; people who simply use the products are welcome to discuss them, whether that be Herbalife, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Cellucor protein powder, or Stronglifts5x5.

And since I'm here, the guidelines in our community also specifically prohibit flagging anything as spam that is not a spam-bot, and people who inappropriately flag will be subject to warnings and points.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

Thank you for making that clarification for one & all !
    I had used the Herbalife products about 3 decades back with very memorable results (in a good way lol), so when I decided that it was once again time to get my weight in check again, I ordered up a fresh batch of their products. Especially for those going very low on your daily caloric intake, it becomes more challenging to make sure that your basic nutritional needs are being met. I believe that said products make it easier to meet your nutritional needs while keeping your calories low. So far my favorite flavor shake is the Cookies n Crème ! =o)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    arv51862 wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Community Guidelines specifically ban promotion of any products in the forums.

The community guidelines specifically ban advertising or promotion of products by those who stand to benefit financially or otherwise; people who simply use the products are welcome to discuss them, whether that be Herbalife, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Cellucor protein powder, or Stronglifts5x5.

And since I'm here, the guidelines in our community also specifically prohibit flagging anything as spam that is not a spam-bot, and people who inappropriately flag will be subject to warnings and points.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

Thank you for making that clarification for one & all !
    I had used the Herbalife products about 3 decades back with very memorable results (in a good way lol), so when I decided that it was once again time to get my weight in check again, I ordered up a fresh batch of their products. Especially for those going very low on your daily caloric intake, it becomes more challenging to make sure that your basic nutritional needs are being met. I believe that said products make it easier to meet your nutritional needs while keeping your calories low. So far my favorite flavor shake is the Cookies n Crème ! =o)

Dang. Where have I been? I thought that's what fruits and vegetables were for.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yo-yoing weight really sucks ...it's like a depressive cycle

Products like this overpriced VLCD programme feed into the disordered thinking around food that is rife in modern society

The relief of cutting through the nonsense and working out how to live in the real world, with real food and real enjoyment is immense

And I wish you that type of knowledge and understanding ...the ability to clear your mind of fads and scams and every piece of snake-oil you are sold by companies, mockumentaries, magazines, tabloids, well-meaning friends, families

When I realised it was mainly bull, with a few scientific research facts badly extrapolated I though feck it ...go back to basics, count calories, move more

It works

Introducing the new and improved CICO diet ...weigh and log accurately, move more ...learn to strutt

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Yo-yoing weight really sucks ...it's like a depressive cycle

Products like this overpriced VLCD programme feed into the disordered thinking around food that is rife in modern society

The relief of cutting through the nonsense and working out how to live in the real world, with real food and real enjoyment is immense

And I wish you that type of knowledge and understanding ...the ability to clear your mind of fads and scams and every piece of snake-oil you are sold by companies, mockumentaries, magazines, tabloids, well-meaning friends, families

When I realised it was mainly bull, with a few scientific research facts badly extrapolated I though feck it ...go back to basics, count calories, move more

It works

Introducing the new and improved CICO diet ...weigh and log accurately, move more ...learn to strutt

That's a fantastic post rabbitjb. Unfortunately I doubt this particular OP is receptive. :( Out of 3 pages of advice against Herbalife, she picked out the one response in favor and responded to that alone. The idea that you don't have to make yourself suffer to lose weight is something that some people just aren't ready to grok.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have this magical weight loss programme it consists of eating at calorie deficit, logging accurately, weighing solids measure liquid, you spend 80% of your time on nutrition eating what your body needs allow treats and if it fits its good get some exercise it makes you feel amazing drink water and the weight falls off dont live on shakes dont waste money this is about health not a quick fix to drop weight then gain it and lose it. These companies rely on success so you buy their products then fail so they keep getting richer. Educate yourself with the amazing MFP community I did and still do it works its free and Its successful