What's your favorite thing about your body?

Options

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    Definitely my lips, and my legs.

shslR6z.jpg
    4hJF15s.jpg

Ummm...would it be inappropriate for me to say I like them, too?

LOL! Second, but the photos make the mother in me want to yell, "Go clean your room!" So clearly I am old now.

Okay mother in you, did you happen to notice what's next to the photos on the desk? ;)
  • ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love this! Last summer I made myself stand in front of the mirror naked every morning and say one thing I liked about my body physically. It totally helped me learn to love my body as it is.

I have always loved my legs, they're strong from 6 years of track and cross country (and I've somehow managed to keep that muscle despite not having done much running in the last 4 years). I've also always loved my hair. It has natural blonde highlights that I get asked where I get them done to which I just respond "they're natural."
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    What an empowering thread! :smile:

I think it's probably my little feet and hands (I have small feet and hands lol) and I've been told I have a very elegant décollage. Lastly how much my body has weathered and taken my abuse and beatings of bad eating, bad diet and lifestyle, yet bounced back gradually when I started trying to make the effort to take care of it.

My Mom went through and defeated cancer and she told me it was when she realised how much we take our bodies and organs for granted. She said, she grew to realise that we sometimes have to take a moment to silently thank it for working and serving you well (or if it helps, massage parts of your body when you are doing things like breast checks, etc).

I thought it was a beautiful way to psychologically and mindfully appreciate and emphasise how important health, fitness and well-being is as part of a wholesome, healthy life.

Thank you, body! :blush:

This is great :) Your mom is a wise lady and it seems like you're following suit :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    My small boobs. Sorry big busted ladies - I actually feel bad for you and don't envy you :)
  • ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    My small boobs. Sorry big busted ladies - I actually feel bad for you and don't envy you :)

Big boobs are awful! I wish mine were smaller! I envy those with small boobs!
  • jerimay22
    jerimay22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I like my hair it is easy to manage and looks good with very little work, also when I'm not wearing my glasses I love my eyes :wink: (Love this btw)
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bum and boobs! :P
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like my small waist and my small chest.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @bioklutz @ThatBassoonChick Big boobs, little boobs... doesn't matter. If your butt is on point, you're good in my book :wink:
  • Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! This seemed like a positive place for my first post. I've enjoyed reading others' comments.

I like my brown eyes, thick hair, artistic hands, and strong legs that get me all over NYC.

I also try to give my smile a workout everyday.
  • sbostonRN
    sbostonRN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my hourglass shape and I think I am very pretty. I don't have the nicest legs around but I appreciate them for being able to run many miles and keep me active. All around, I really don't have too many complaints about my body. That's the great thing about being over 30...you nitpick less and are more accepting of flaws. I'm not perfect but I fill out my clothes nicely!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My waist-to-hip ratio and my collar bones
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great posts here, especially that lips and legs one :wink:
    Well I love my eyes and waist, currently working on loving everything else, which is why I'm here I guess. I want to eventually love all of me, its gonna take some time and hard work. Wanna be the fit slim girl I used to be.
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Everything, I like everything!! Lol. But seriously, I like that it has taken a beating and it kept on ticking.
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    «My small boobs. Sorry big busted ladies - I actually feel bad for you and don't envy you :)»

Don't feel bad for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my big boobs and I know others have enjoyed them too.

And I don't feel sorry for your your teeny boobies.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I like my legs and my back, especially since I used to have such ridiculous back fat (like D cups on my back I swear) and now it's all flat and nice, almost muscular. I'm not even sure how that is possible but I'll take it.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    My hands with my long fingers, my lips, eyes, butt, and ever since I started cycling, my legs are looking good.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    JudithNYC wrote: »
    «My small boobs. Sorry big busted ladies - I actually feel bad for you and don't envy you :)»

Don't feel bad for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my big boobs and I know others have enjoyed them too.

And I don't feel sorry for your your teeny boobies.

After I typed that I was worried that I might have been rude. That was not my intention and I apologize. I have seen some lovely bigger breasts.

I am aware of the problems that can come from larger breasts (back problems, they look like they get in the way doing daily tasks, trouble with clothes fitting) which is why I am glad to have small ones. Plus I think the shape of my are fantastic!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Mgtei wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! This seemed like a positive place for my first post. I've enjoyed reading others' comments.

I like my brown eyes, thick hair, artistic hands, and strong legs that get me all over NYC.

I also try to give my smile a workout everyday.

Welcome! What kind of art do you make?
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a very noticeable scar in my eye...I know it's very noticeable because somebody asks me about it almost every single day! I used to hate it, but have come to realize that it adds a lot of character to my face. It is unique.
    I am also pretty fond of my hair....it is a cool shade of red, thick, and naturally curly!