LOW CARB need friends

Options
Eluveitie85
Eluveitie85 Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Atkins low carb it's Worked for me in the past,im new a need SOME MOTIVATION!!!! 50lbs to lose! Please add! We can help each other.

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• Aleatmyfitness
    Aleatmyfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started low carb on June 15. I have 40lbs to go.
  • keilia
    keilia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just started low carb on Thursday and have about 30lbs to go. I'll help motivate if you help me too!
  • salfit2
    salfit2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying the low carb(Atkins of sorts). Need to get sugar under control without increasing fats! Hoping that with regular workouts will do it.
  • stevenmacm
    stevenmacm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Reducing my carbs significantly in my new diet and have dropped almost ten pounds in just under three weeks. Only diet I have done so far that I never feel hungry.
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tried that approach for a bit, worked for a bit. Very difficult to sustain. When I did it, i did a pantry/kitchen makeover. Basically got rid of all carby temptations and just stocked my kitchen with proteins and fats.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I do five days of low carb and 2 days refeed. Protein is constant. Increased good fats. Add me if you want.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is workable !

Good luck and look for low carb groups.

I have lost over 100 lbs on low to moderate carb. No magic though. Just ate less calories than I burn off and added exercise.

Fat went away!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    salfit2 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying the low carb(Atkins of sorts). Need to get sugar under control without increasing fats! Hoping that with regular workouts will do it.

If you go low carb, you HAVE to increase fats. Keeping in mind that fats are very good for us and essential to the body.

OP, I would highly suggest going to the Low Carb Group as you will get more specialized help and support.

• salfit2
    salfit2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks for tips on fat intake. I like avocado so usually eat one a week maybe two plus I use olive oil and canola oil to sauté my mixed greens. Any other suggestions?

Also morning and during the day are easy it's the evenings and before bed that I tend to over eat the "not good for you" foods. And it's not like I'm not busy then too but the busy is a lot of reading and writing(sitting on my butt).

I guess it's because I'm home an close to the kitchen.
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    to start with, carbs are good. we need them to function so dont go to low. it really depends on the type of carb we are eating. dont count carbs, make carbs count. :)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just going to add that, if it worked in the past, but now you need to lose again, then maybe it didn't really work. Finding a long term sustainable solution would be better, and it seems that Atkins low carb wasn't that solution, otherwise you wouldn't be needing to start again.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If it worked in the past then how did you gain the 50 pounds back????? confused...
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Just going to add that, if it worked in the past, but now you need to lose again, then maybe it didn't really work. Finding a long term sustainable solution would be better, and it seems that Atkins low carb wasn't that solution, otherwise you wouldn't be needing to start again.

+1

Ask yourself what wasn't sustainable long-term about your other "diet." Like pizza too much? (I'm not judging, this is just an example.) If it was the siren call of pizza, maybe you will find long term success on a "diet" that lets you eat all your favorite foods.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    salfit2 wrote: »
    thanks for tips on fat intake. I like avocado so usually eat one a week maybe two plus I use olive oil and canola oil to sauté my mixed greens. Any other suggestions?

Also morning and during the day are easy it's the evenings and before bed that I tend to over eat the "not good for you" foods. And it's not like I'm not busy then too but the busy is a lot of reading and writing(sitting on my butt).

I guess it's because I'm home an close to the kitchen.

Well if you are going low carb/atkins style eating, then full fat creams, meats (especially red due to higher fat contents), moderate dairy, legumes/nuts. Also, check out that link I posted.

• Eluveitie85
    Eluveitie85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »

+1

Ask yourself what wasn't sustainable long-term about your other "diet." Like pizza too much? (I'm not judging, this is just an example.) If it was the siren call of pizza, maybe you will find long term success on a "diet" that lets you eat all your favorite foods.

Lol it worked in the past because i eat healthy afterwards. A death in my immediate family drove me to eat junk. Time to move on.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Figure this is a safe place to say this: Saturated fat is not bad for you if you exercise. Cholesterol is not bad for you if you exercise. Most people who have CV issues are people that have stayed away from them, not exercised while consuming them, or are genetically predisposed.

Ive got bloodwork to back that up. Add me if ya want. I am low carb right now (50f/30/20), but I plan to go keto as soon as life allows (75/15/10).

Add me if ya want. You won't regret it. Going full keto for a Spartan Beast in October.
  • Goal2Fab40
    Goal2Fab40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started my 6th week on keto. It's going great!