What's your favorite thing about your body?

Options

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    Definitely my lips, and my legs.

shslR6z.jpg
    4hJF15s.jpg
    Gotta say...they are pretty likeable!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I love how hardy and adaptable my body is. It's been through a lot, and having 200 extra pounds is just one of them. It's amazing how a few years ago I could not even walk but now I can run on most days. I love how it learns, adapts and compensates for any insufficiency... that nature to cherish and protect itself when possible.

Look-wise I love the color of my eyes and how it changes like a chameleon to suit the environment. My eyes are green but I've been told it's hard to tell. Some think they're green, others believe they're blue and some see them as grey. The color is a curious shade so it shines differently in different light conditions. They also have this peculiar faded honey colored circle that gives them character.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I like my eyes and my long legs
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I like my collar bone/shoulder area. I'm happy with my general shape. Though I sometimes wish for a larger chest, I'm glad I am pear shaped.
  • anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love my hands!! They're tiny tiny, I've met very few people with smaller hands than me, yet I'm doing a diploma in guitar and play bass in loads of bands. They're pretty tendony and veiny although not in this photo, I think they look nice.
    ehf3a9butq88.jpg
    I have huuge boobies. That's pretty fun. Even when I was 7st they were double Ds. I've always had skinny legs.

Having happened recently is the collarbones, my arms look nice here too. Excuse the cigarette and plastic bag.

t4u19s09d7i2.jpg
  • anxioushero
    Options
    **People often ask how the *kitten* I play instruments with hands so small...
  • ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Story of my life! I play bassoon and everyone thinks it's crazy with such small hands.
  • arditarose
    Options

Story of my life! I play bassoon and everyone thinks it's crazy with such small hands.

Not to derail thread, but can you recommend me a famous orchestral excerpt for bassoon that an intermediate player could learn?
  • anxioushero
    Options

I'm in a band in which the singer used to introduce me as "tiny hands" whenever we played.
  • ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Not to derail thread, but can you recommend me a famous orchestral excerpt for bassoon that an intermediate player could learn?

The bassoon solo from firebird by Stravinsky is the first one that comes to mind.

• arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

The bassoon solo from firebird by Stravinsky is the first one that comes to mind.

Thank you!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    Definitely my lips, and my legs.

shslR6z.jpg
    4hJF15s.jpg

Ummm...would it be inappropriate for me to say I like them, too?

LOL! Second, but the photos make the mother in me want to yell, "Go clean your room!" So clearly I am old now.

Okay mother in you, did you happen to notice what's next to the photos on the desk? ;)

YES, I did! ROFLOL. I wasn't going to say anything!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    JudithNYC wrote: »
    «My small boobs. Sorry big busted ladies - I actually feel bad for you and don't envy you :)»

Don't feel bad for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my big boobs and I know others have enjoyed them too.

And I don't feel sorry for your your teeny boobies.

After I typed that I was worried that I might have been rude. That was not my intention and I apologize. I have seen some lovely bigger breasts.

I am aware of the problems that can come from larger breasts (back problems, they look like they get in the way doing daily tasks, trouble with clothes fitting) which is why I am glad to have small ones. Plus I think the shape of my are fantastic!

Yeah, I have to get everything tailored. The funny thing is (you can see from my photos) I don't LOOK at ALL top-heavy. In clothes at the lingerie store, unless it's cleavage-bearing, the always go (quite obnoxiously) "Are you SURE you're a 32DDD?" I got that today at Soma, in fact. And I'm like, "yeah, I'm sure." Gave me 2 bras. One was so tiny that I was busting out in every direction. The other would have been fine if it were a balconette, but with full-coverage, it was total quad-boob-land. I just look...proportional. I guess it's because I have a big butt, too.

I hated my boobs for years. I've decided I like the only recently. LOL.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love my HUGE hands. I have rarely met men with larger hands (I can very easily palm a basketball) but they are slender and slim (size 6.5 ring on my ring finger).

I love my height. I am 5'10" and when I wear my favorite 3" heels I am 6'1" and I love walking around as a 6'1" woman.

I have thick, curly, dark brown hair that I love. It doesn't grow as fast when I'm cutting calories, but I am excited for it to grow again :)

I love my facial features. I am told I look like the girl from FLASH DANCE! a lot, and I think I am pretty (a feature I didn't have 130 lbs ago!)

I love my big luscious booty and my thick thighs, and I work to keep my bum perky.

I love my shoulders and my collar bones.

This thread is excellent!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My chest and my hips are starting to take a nice curvy shape
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love my HUGE hands. I have rarely met men with larger hands (I can very easily palm a basketball) but they are slender and slim (size 6.5 ring on my ring finger).

I love my height. I am 5'10" and when I wear my favorite 3" heels I am 6'1" and I love walking around as a 6'1" woman.

I have thick, curly, dark brown hair that I love. It doesn't grow as fast when I'm cutting calories, but I am excited for it to grow again :)

I love my facial features. I am told I look like the girl from FLASH DANCE! a lot, and I think I am pretty (a feature I didn't have 130 lbs ago!)

I love my big luscious booty and my thick thighs, and I work to keep my bum perky.

@Mapalicious :wink:

• Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Mgtei wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! This seemed like a positive place for my first post. I've enjoyed reading others' comments.

I like my brown eyes, thick hair, artistic hands, and strong legs that get me all over NYC.

I also try to give my smile a workout everyday.

Welcome! What kind of art do you make?

@lithezebra I'm an illustrator and do editorial (magazine/newspapers) and am working on doing children's book illustration, which I really love. Thanks for asking!
  • JRitaK
    JRitaK Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think I'm well proportioned. I have wider shoulders, a small waist and curvier hips, thighs and butt. I love my eyes and lips. I have thick hair and I like my skin tone. I'm also pretty strong, or working on it.

evswb0pjr3sp.jpg
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have to be a specific body part.. just something about your body you love! Why do you love it?

I know I don't speak kindly to myself nearly as much as I should. I imagine I'm not alone, so I just wanted to make a positive post! Looking forward to reading responses.. thanks!

I like my butt. It has to be at least decent. I see none of the "big" dudes at the gym that can lunge what I can even after a full squat workout. I have found nothing works your gluts like a lunge workout. I once had one of the big guys tell me I was doing lunges wrong because I was doing them in place (full motion knee to ground). He said I needed to do them moving foward stepping. Went and grabbed the 90lb dumbells and did 10 steps. "Like this?" Disgusted look on his face...priceless!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    @lithezebra I'm an illustrator and do editorial (magazine/newspapers) and am working on doing children's book illustration, which I really love. Thanks for asking! [/quote]

@Mgtei That's wonderful! I'm a painter, and I'm working on some science illustrations. I just finished a degree in biochemistry.