Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone is doing really well this week! I'm not having such a good week though. We're low on money, so I've been eating leftovers or foods left in the pantry since before I started the challenge - some of them not so healthy or wise. Tonight was spaghetti - yummy for sure - but threw me over my calories again.

Exercise hasn't been much better - my energy level has been low and I haven't felt like working out. Wonder if it has to do with my diet this week...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Sunday's weigh-in!

I'm in the same boat until I start my new job with the low on money thing. Isn't it horrible that the good for you healthy food is *SOO* much more expensive than that crap junk food. I find that so wrong.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Today's my anniversary (10 years- when the hell did I get so old?) so we're going out to dinner tonight. Already calculated my cal. though and I'm still good as long as I DON'T get desert!!!!!!! That will be the fight
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Gonna add my voice to those of us deciding not to re-read the book before the movie comes out. Everytime I've done that I've come out ranting :tongue: . Which is normally ok because I generally see it with friends who are similarly HP nerds, but still. Like I got so angry in HBP, in the scene where Dumbledore died, and instead of having Harry magically paralysed, he was just paralysed with shock/or something? Made absolutely no sense for his character! *shakes fist* Also, they could have left it a bit more mysterious as to whether Snape was a baddie or not, that was such a cliffhanger in the book, I remember some intense discussions over that as a kid, in the wait for book 7.

Anyway, came here to make a note of a craving averted. My mum made a delicious curry for dinner, and really wanted to have another big bowl when I got hungry later in the night, but instead had a small bowl about 1/3-1/2 of my dinner size. Also this probably doesn't count, but I hadn't done push ups for about a week, and tried them again yesterday. Yesterday, I felt fine, it wasn't too strenuous, I was a little smug that my muscles were still intact. Today I am so sore! :laugh:
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Today's my anniversary (10 years- when the hell did I get so old?) so we're going out to dinner tonight. Already calculated my cal. though and I'm still good as long as I DON'T get desert!!!!!!! That will be the fight

Happy anniversary!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I'm in the same boat until I start my new job with the low on money thing. Isn't it horrible that the good for you healthy food is *SOO* much more expensive than that crap junk food. I find that so wrong.

I agree! Between me wanting to eat healthy, my husband's celiac disease (can't eat anything with wheat in it) and my son's ADHD-type response to additives and artificial colors, my weekly grocery bill is outrageous! OK - rant over. :bigsmile:
  • cook2128
    cook2128 Posts: 9
    Options
    Gonna add my voice to those of us deciding not to re-read the book before the movie comes out. Everytime I've done that I've come out ranting :tongue: . Which is normally ok because I generally see it with friends who are similarly HP nerds, but still. Like I got so angry in HBP, in the scene where Dumbledore died, and instead of having Harry magically paralysed, he was just paralysed with shock/or something? Made absolutely no sense for his character! *shakes fist* Also, they could have left it a bit more mysterious as to whether Snape was a baddie or not, that was such a cliffhanger in the book, I remember some intense discussions over that as a kid, in the wait for book 7.

I agree. I've been relatively pleased with the movie adaptations EXCEPT for HPB. I think that they completely botched that movie. It was a good movie if you're a pure movie fan but if you know the books....it left plenty to be desired. My little brother and I watched the midnight release and as soon as the credits rolled we looked at each other and said "what the hell was that?"

I was sorely disappointed about how they handled Snape's storyline (among MANY other things) and instead of the big fight at the end they give Snape a mere moment to divulge that he's the half blood prince...it was completely out of whack. And I read that the reason they didn't incorporate the fight at the end of HPB is because DH part 2's fight scene is so epic that they felt HPB didn't need one....what a bunch of baloney!
  • Tiffy11011
    Options

I agree. I've been relatively pleased with the movie adaptations EXCEPT for HPB. I think that they completely botched that movie. It was a good movie if you're a pure movie fan but if you know the books....it left plenty to be desired. My little brother and I watched the midnight release and as soon as the credits rolled we looked at each other and said "what the hell was that?"

I was sorely disappointed about how they handled Snape's storyline (among MANY other things) and instead of the big fight at the end they give Snape a mere moment to divulge that he's the half blood prince...it was completely out of whack. And I read that the reason they didn't incorporate the fight at the end of HPB is because DH part 2's fight scene is so epic that they felt HPB didn't need one....what a bunch of baloney!

The two things I *hated* about HBP movie was that first off they have a fight scene at and destroy the burrow.... wtf... no seriously... WTF????

Second the way they handled the kiss with Ginny... they never said that her and Harry got together and started dating they never had Harry tell Ron and get his approval... that really bothered me.

Then of course I agree with everything everyone's said about the whole freaking Snape issue

okay rant over ... sorry :-)
  • Tiffy11011
    Options
    LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Julia, why on earth are we celebrating, you ask?

Well because....

Guess who just weighed in at *under* 200lbs.... This girl right here! *happydance* 198...198...198...Hell yeah!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Also adding my 2 cents on the movie thing: My 2 biggest complaints with HBP were the Draco story line and the Snape story line- I think the movies left both of those characters short and we didn't get to "see" the intricacies that are Draco and Snape. I hate how Harry was just not doing anything when Dumbledore is killed, and how . . . . well just about everything so I'll stop.
  • momofJandA
    Options

Well because....

Guess who just weighed in at *under* 200lbs.... This girl right here! *happydance* 198...198...198...Hell yeah!

YEAH!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    for my food challenge, i'm totally addicted to coffee mate. i would LIKE to limit myself to 50 calories per coffee, but i sometimes i go over 100 calories. that might not seem like such a big deal, but i have coffee 3 times a day :noway: this morning i actually pulled out a measuring spoon and measured out 2 tablespoons. it wasn't as much as i would have liked, but it's something i could guess used to :indifferent: i'm going to TRY to use it this afternoon :ohwell:

for my excercise challenge, i tried out the ab circle pro that my mom's friend gave me. it's probably not worth buying, but it's ok if u got it for free lol. it's a very "different" kind of work out, definitely strength, not cardio, and ur only supposed to do it for 3 minutes. i've been using it to see if i could get into it, but i'm not a big fan.

new exercise #2: i went to a friend's house and we walked to the track(1mile), walked around the track(2miles), and walked back the long way(1.5miles). i wore my ankle weights and HRM and burned about 600 calories =) it was awesome. definitely doing that again. :bigsmile:

can i count all that as 3 house points? i'm still not sure if i'm doing this right lol
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Well because....

YES! Great Job!!!!!!!
  • azsuzi
    Options

Well because....

Way to go girl!! WOOHOO!!!! :drinker:
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today......had craveing for a hersheys bar...so instead on the whole thing I only had 1/4. Also, used a new machine at the gym today...can't remember the name for it, but works out the calves. Boy, I'm feeling it straight up the back of my legs this evening.

Total points for today =2
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options

Well because....

Welcome to Onderland..i just arrived myself. i like it here...how 'bout you? :bigsmile:
  • psb13
    Options
    checking in today. no doing so great with the new exercise part-creature of habit! but i avoided anothe potential binge yesterday. my life before mfp was all about the binge...binge to celebrate good things, binge to get over bad things!! had a really bad day yesterday. i cought myself wondering if dairy queen was still open at 9pm. then i heard all of your voiced across the miles saying "DON"T DO IT!!!" and i didn't. instead i had some turkey and laughing cow cheese. thanks guys!! :heart:
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I ran. I have not run in a long time, but when I took my dogs for a walk this week, I ran. It felt so good. =)

I've also avoided alcohol, despite wanting to have a drink, because I know it will just bloat me and ruin my weigh ins.

I've loved all the movies, separate from the books. I think each has it's own place. The movies can't be as epic as the books are because you spend such an immense amount of time reading and getting to know the characters that it just can not possibly be condensed into 2-3 hours and feel complete. I also get that some stuff just does not translate on screen well. I'm so sad to see the movies end. It will be weird to not look forward to another one.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    checking in today. no doing so great with the new exercise part-creature of habit! but i avoided anothe potential binge yesterday. my life before mfp was all about the binge...binge to celebrate good things, binge to get over bad things!! had a really bad day yesterday. i cought myself wondering if dairy queen was still open at 9pm. then i heard all of your voiced across the miles saying "DON"T DO IT!!!" and i didn't. instead i had some turkey and laughing cow cheese. thanks guys!! :heart:

That's so wonderful!! :bigsmile: Isn't it great how people you've never met in person can have such a positive influence on your life? I love this group - I wish we could all get together to see the last movie together!!
  • psb13
    Options
    oh wow..wouldn't that be great!!!!
  • psb13
    Options
    spent the day at a huge mall 1 1/2 hours from here with daughter and her friend. watched the people, bought a couple of smaller shirts (yay), sat in the food court knitting and watching the people. i had an absolutely fabulous salad and yummy fresh fruit + yogurt parfait. stayed below calorie goal and walked right past the gelato stand!! :bigsmile: