What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    adolphsem wrote: »
    I entered and finished a 4-mile run on Saturday. My time was exactly 1 hour, and I was NOT LAST.jlg2gg346qn5.jpg

way to go
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ponybrown wrote: »
    More efficiently sweating during my workouts. I find now that I'm losing weight and increasing my fitness significantly, I sweat a lot more while exercising and secretly (or perhaps, not so secretly now) really like it! I feel strong!

I thought it was just me! I sweat so much more now! Hahaha my husband (super fit guy) says he's jealous when I come home from a run soaked because it's like built in air conditioning.

My NSV is how much more active I've been recently. Especially my c25k. I did week 4 day 2 today and last time, I had to walk a few steps during the last 5 minute run, but today, I put on a good song and ran my heart out... Slow as a turtle, but still running :) Also, I've been taking my dogs on almost daily walks on top of my runs and doing stronglifts. Lotsa exercise for me!
  • Papaepic
    Papaepic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained any during the past two weeks, even though I am two weeks tobacco free.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When I did my ab exercises this morning, I could isolate my abs and do the exercises using only my core muscles. I hadn't realized before that I wasn't really doing this, but now that I am stronger I can really feel the difference and control those muscles voluntarily.
  • dennshah01
    dennshah01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 14 lbs, but since I have been heavy lifting I noticed that I automatically stand up straighter. Walking up 2-3 flights of stairs does not kill me, and I was able to sit in a cross-legged stretch yesterday at the gym.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lifted today for the first time in 2 weeks do to a herniated disc between L4/L5....just that was good enough for me for today.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I've got one L4-L5 and L-5-S1. Epsom salt baths.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    Thanks! I will try for sure.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    jrr7ard32z0m.jpg

This dress! It's from Rent the Runway. I had originally ordered a 2 with a 4 as my backup size. But about a week before this wedding I decided to change the backup size to a 0. And wore it!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Went shopping on the 4th in just a pair of shorts and a tank top. You wouldn't catch me dead with my arms out before. I'd sooner wear a long sleeve top in the middle of summer. I still have arms that could take flight but I am happy with how they look now.

It's been 1 year since I started taking my measurements and I've lost 21.5 inches overall. In that time I've only lost 27 lbs so it is so big to me that the number doesn't take the scale into account :D.

Went with my family to see fireworks on Saturday night. My niece wanted to sit on my lap so I could cover her ears (cute) and I wasn't worried about the weight limit on the camper chair. Before I don't know if I would have been able to do it.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Papaepic wrote: »
    I haven't gained any during the past two weeks, even though I am two weeks tobacco free.

Congrats!
  • vdeepu17
    vdeepu17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 15 lbs so far. Today 3 different people told (all separately) me that Iam losing weight and asked what I was doing? I was happy that there is noticeable change. I still have 35lbs to lose to be I the max range of healthy BMI. They made my day.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Went shopping on the 4th in just a pair of shorts and a tank top. You wouldn't catch me dead with my arms out before. I'd sooner wear a long sleeve top in the middle of summer. I still have arms that could take flight but I am happy with how they look now.

It's been 1 year since I started taking my measurements and I've lost 21.5 inches overall. In that time I've only lost 27 lbs so it is so big to me that the number doesn't take the scale into account :D.

Went with my family to see fireworks on Saturday night. My niece wanted to sit on my lap so I could cover her ears (cute) and I wasn't worried about the weight limit on the camper chair. Before I don't know if I would have been able to do it.

That's awesome. I was glad that I could ride the rollercoasters with my son because the year before last, I was too big.

I can cycle faster and farther than even a few months ago. So happy about that.

Can pull down my size 16 pants without undoing them.

I am able to not want to eat the snacks I bought for my teenage son because I'd rather spend the calories on something else.

All of my victories will be non-scale ones until Labour Day because I am on vacation until then and don't have a scale. I am hoping to fit into some size 12 pants by then.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I was told my a guy i was talking to at the gym, that I had lost more weight than some women he has dated. I had a laugh.
  • andympanda
    Options
    135+ pounds
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    fitby44 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

That's awesome. I was glad that I could ride the rollercoasters with my son because the year before last, I was too big.

I can cycle faster and farther than even a few months ago. So happy about that.

Can pull down my size 16 pants without undoing them.

I am able to not want to eat the snacks I bought for my teenage son because I'd rather spend the calories on something else.

All of my victories will be non-scale ones until Labour Day because I am on vacation until then and don't have a scale. I am hoping to fit into some size 12 pants by then.

The roller coaster one is a big goal of mine! I LOVE Cedar Point but the last time I went I had to pretend I was too scared to go on the rides when I knew it was because I wouldn't fit in the seats.
    I fit at everything at Universal and Kennywood last year...so here's hoping for CP soon!

Happy Vacation!
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Thanks! I will try for sure.

and lots of magnesium through diet or supplementation
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    And I have no clue what NSV stands for, but my 3 year old commented on how big my muscles are a few days ago.
  • SMoorcroft
    SMoorcroft Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    And I have no clue what NSV stands for, but my 3 year old commented on how big my muscles are a few days ago.

Non-scales victory - which yours certainly was, wel done!

• andympanda
    Options
    Actually forgot my mid morning snack banana, until i was looking at a friends diary. Guess i have some calories saved away in case i get a craving
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!