salads...before...along with or after meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• CaptBligh001
    CaptBligh001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You don't always need science to confirm the blatantly obvious. I mean seriously do we need a scientific study to confirm that hitting your hand with a hammer hurts..

Personally I found that for me to be successful in weight loss I needed to play tricks on myself, Eating a large low calorie salad before a meal is one of the mind games I played on myself. all that chewing and bulk tricks your brain and you into thinking that you've eaten considerably more than you actually have.

200-300 grams of lettuce and either some rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar and no oil is good for about 40-60 kcal ? But be careful a 60 kcal salad can become a 500+kcal salad in a heart beat if you start piling on ingredients, ask me how I know, Damn feta, olives and vinaigrette . LOL !!

Anyhow I take my time when I eat so It takes me about 15 min to eat a big salad like this. Like I said there is so much bulk and chewing involved that I find when I eat a salad like this I don't eat nearly as much of my main course. I also find that if I eat a large low cal salad early in the day it drastically curbs my desire to snack between meals. For me salads like this were key in losing 2+ pounds a week, so far I'm down 101 pounds, the problem for me now is not losing weight but trying to stop. My stomach and appetite has shrunk so much that I can't seem to eat much more than I am without feeling like a pig. After a year and a half those new eating habits are hard to break.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm not a rabbit, I don't eat salad! ;)

Wow someone doesn't like the fact that you don't eat salad ha ha
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm not a rabbit, I don't eat salad! ;)

Liar...I know you'd eat this:

72ed5ea6f9e31c74eb3596679a8d8604.jpg

Or be a German and eat a Wurstsalat ;)

183663-big-bayerischer-wurstsalat.jpg
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I don't eat salads at restaurants unless its a side salad, no croutons, dressing on the side. Have you seen the calories in most salads at these places like applesbees and chilis? more calories for a persons total calorie goal, insane! if I make salad at home, I eat it with my meal on my plate. with no dressing , tomato, cucumber and romaine lettuce,and baby carrots. Once I stopped using dressing, I really enjoy the taste of my salad vegetables.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    anyatanu wrote: »
    Hi
    Im tanu..on weight loss program.
    I have doubt regarding consumption of salads ( generally tomato..cucumber nd onion) .Should i have it before my meal or along with or after meal.
    Is there any scientific reason also behind of eating pattern of salads?

My mom has Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and needs to eat her salads and other foods with insoluble fiber at the end of a meal.

I like eating salads with my meal. At a restaurant, I will pick at my salad until the entrée comes.