Chubby girl sets out to become fitness model

Options
annegislaine
annegislaine Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
I’m just an ordinary girl. I’ve done no incredible things in my life so far. I have extraordinary dreams like anyone else, but I guess I just stopped chasing them a long time ago as they seemed way out of reach. I’m just trying to take life day by day, focusing on making a living and planning for the future.

I’ve been overweight most of my life. Growing up, being ‘skinny like the other girls’ was always my biggest wish. From a very early age onwards, losing weight was my main focus. But like so many other girls and women who try to lose weight, I failed. Not once, not twice, but every single time. Here’s the thing: I turned to food to deal with stress, emotions, and problems, as sugary and fatty foods comforted me when no one was around. I knew I had a problem when I couldn’t control what I ate anymore – I couldn’t just eat one piece of chocolate, but had to have the entire block. Some may call it greed, but I know it’s not. It’s dependence. In fact, after years of slowly getting worse, it turned into binge eating disorder. This has been my dirty little secret for many years. I exercised and dieted extensively after a period of food binges to make sure I didn’t gain too much weight. But it never lasted. I needed food not just to feed myself, but also to help me cope with life. Exercise didn’t come either naturally. Slowest runner during PE class, last one picked on every team - you get the idea. By the time I hit 21 and had been unsuccessful at trying to lose weight for nearly 9 years, I gave up on myself. I accepted the fact I wasn’t athletic and had been unable to lose weight. I accepted the fact I would always be the chubby girl. The ‘fat’ girl. I even accepted that I would never be able to live life the way I wanted to and that I would have to settle for less. Until I realised I was paying the ultimate price for this acceptance: I was sacrificing my happiness and my dreams.

I have given myself one year to become a fitness model. Right now, I have 31% body fat, I weigh 156 pounds and I’m 5”6, but I want to transform my body into that killer body I’ve always dreamed of having. I want to feel confident and proud, accomplished and happy. I want to inspire myself, and all the other girls and women out there who think it’s impossible or too late to chase their dreams. I want to prove that you don’t have to be ‘stuck’ inside a body that makes you feel insecure and unhappy, and that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I am aware I have the odds against me as I am not your average fitness-loving, high-metabolism, junk food aversive role model. I’m just an ordinary girl. I’ve done no incredible things in my life so far. I have extraordinary dreams like anyone else, and for once in my life, I’m going to chase them.

I will try to keep updating this post on a weekly basis too, which will probably be every Monday. All the support/motivation I could get is very welcome!

With love,
Anne Gislaine x

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• tnbdare
    tnbdare Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Diet is key to lose the weight, and fitness is key to get those killer looks. Don't rush, but stay steady. Good luck!
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One should always follow their dreams! Best of luck to you on your journey ^__^
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Look forward to seeing your transformation!!
  • pf1975_NW
    pf1975_NW Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - you have my full support!!! Go for it and don't stop until you get there!
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Can't wait to see your accomplishments!!
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    added you on youtube, good luck x
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome goal! I've also set the goal of having the fitness model body, and I have every intention of putting the work in. I just hope my body responds. My story is a bit like yours mostly in that I turned to food for comfort and it really hit me hard in college, and has been a struggle ever since. Hopefully we'll see each other on a competition stage one day :smiley:

All the best, Anne!
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What an amazing goal! Wishing you nothing but success. :smile:
  • annegislaine
    Options
    Oh my gosh, thank you so much to everyone who has commented! I am new on here and really didn't expect anyone to comment, to be honest! This is absolutely amazing :) Some of you have added me as a friend, which is awesome! Feel free to message me so we can get to know each other if you like, after all I want to encourage you guys on as well :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep us all updated along the way
  • 2bfit_2015
    2bfit_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I came across your fitness pal post and went to see the video on YouTube. I have very similar goals only difference is I am 5'6 and 190. I have Already lost 40 lbs and aiming to get down to 130-135 with a nice frame and as little body fat to show muscle definition exactly like this fitness models. You and I need to be friends!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It might be doable in that time with hard work. :)
  • annegislaine
    Options
    2bfit_2015 wrote: »
    I came across your fitness pal post and went to see the video on YouTube. I have very similar goals only difference is I am 5'6 and 190. I have Already lost 40 lbs and aiming to get down to 130-135 with a nice frame and as little body fat to show muscle definition exactly like this fitness models. You and I need to be friends!

Wow well done on the weight loss so far, that's amazing! Definitely, I'd love to connect with like minded people who have the same goal!
  • annegislaine
    Options
    That's an awesome goal! I've also set the goal of having the fitness model body, and I have every intention of putting the work in. I just hope my body responds. My story is a bit like yours mostly in that I turned to food for comfort and it really hit me hard in college, and has been a struggle ever since. Hopefully we'll see each other on a competition stage one day :smiley:

All the best, Anne!

That would be awesome! Your message got me so excited as I could visualise being there on stage competing, and becoming friends with like minded people from all over the world :) good luck to you too, let's make this happen!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm exactly your height, BTW. I started at 162. 137 now. Dropping 12 more aggressively, then going to a much lower deficit and concentrating on building muscle and getting lean. I have no plans to do competitive bikini bodybuilding or that level of fitness modeling, but I'd like to be...off-season, I guess. LOL.

I used to be that fit. I have NO idea how long it will take. I've never been this out of shape before.
  • annegislaine
    Options
    I'm exactly your height, BTW. I started at 162. 137 now. Dropping 12 more aggressively, then going to a much lower deficit and concentrating on building muscle and getting lean. I have no plans to do competitive bikini bodybuilding or that level of fitness modeling, but I'd like to be...off-season, I guess. LOL.

I used to be that fit. I have NO idea how long it will take. I've never been this out of shape before.
    Well done on the weight loss so far, that's amazing! I would love to stay updated on your journey. Well who knows, maybe once you get really confident you'll give it a go! How long have you been on this journey? At least you started, so yes it will take time to get there, but you're making progress!

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

You may want to check out the documentary "I want to look like that guy" to see the highs and lows of an average person's (a man in this case) journey to getting stage lean in 6 months.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I read your post, firstly because I have a friend who just won her first fitness bikini competition so I am learning about that world as I plan to support her as much as possible. However, it was another aspect of your story that really spoke to me. Going for your goals! That is what I am doing. I started this year with a decision to get fit so that I could be a better fencer. I joined a gym full of the most amazing trainers and like minded people (one of them is the fitness model) who have got me beyond anything I could comprehend at the start of the year and helped me believe that anything is possible. In 6 months I have lost half of the weight I need to, to get to my goal; lost more cm than I know and excelled in the provincial aspect of my chosen sport, fencing. I still have a long road ahead as I want to make my mark on the national fencing program and I still have about 15 kg to loose. Every day that I stop and look at what I achieved I am amazed that the unfit fat girl was able to do that! The big thing in my life was deciding I was going to work for the dream. I will be following as you work for yours and cheering on when you get there!!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    hey im 5'5" and 158 and ive never been extremely obese and for that im lucky but i can relate. ive never felt like me in my body. im approaching a year now on my journey and ive only lost about 25 pounds, but im determined to get to where i want to be :). its a slow process but one day i will achieve it. still trying to find a diet and fitness regime i can take thoughout my life because im interested in the long term.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You are already extraordinary, you just have not realized it yet. I believe in you:)