LADIES, if you had the choice......

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What are we talking about when you say "slim legs"? Is the alternative elephantiasis/cankles? Or can they be just a bit thick/muscular. If the latter is what you mean, then I would definitely choose the flat stomach. No matter what I do I can't get the results I want in my abs without looking too skinny for my liking everywhere else. But, I'd rather keep what I have now than have cankles.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, okay.

If it's a choice between my ideal legs and my ideal middle, with the other part being basically average, I pick ideal legs -- they are visible more often and I've spent my life being adjusted to not loving my mid-section.

If I get to magically make one part ideal and leave the other to my own efforts, well, then, no question, I take the ideal middle, as my legs I am pretty happy with and think I could improve to my satisfaction on my own, and I don't think I can get visible abs without losing more than I like elsewhere (although I am open to working on this and being surprised).
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Flat stomach, my legs are 2nd best body part.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What?
  • DulceDiva32
    DulceDiva32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Both :|
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the 6 pack! I squat and deadlift so I can have fierce legs. I don't want slim legs...I want strong legs! :)
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Easy. I don't want slim thighs... So I pick flat stomach.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are we talking about when you say "slim legs"? Is the alternative elephantiasis/cankles? Or can they be just a bit thick/muscular. If the latter is what you mean, then I would definitely choose the flat stomach. No matter what I do I can't get the results I want in my abs without looking too skinny for my liking everywhere else. But, I'd rather keep what I have now than have cankles.

I take it to mean whatever type of leg is your ideal, whether that is muscular or not.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Why couldn't you have both?
    Some women do, but i think they're in the minority.
    Due to women's body shapes (especially Pear or Apple types), we tend to be slimmer in either the upper or lower body.
    For example, i can be very slim on top but my Legs don't necessarily match my upper half. Even if i lost another 10 pounds, my Thighs would still be bigger compared to my top half.
    Just like some women have slim Legs, but carry more fat around the stomach area, their Legs may get leaner while still having belly fat.
    Judging by the replies, it's obvious that most of us carry more weight in one area (i.e upper or lower body).
    But thanks for the response Ladies,......very interesting replies. :)

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I take it to mean whatever type of leg is your ideal, whether that is muscular or not.

Well...I mean, I have zero issues with my legs right now...so I'm asking if I choose flat stomach, do I get to keep the legs I have now, or will I have cankles and massive cellulite, etc? lol, it's ok, I didn't intend on a full blown discussion here.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit torn. I really want slim legs so I can enjoy pencil skirts without wearing spandex under it, but if I'm being honest I'd prefer abs.

I do a *kitten*-ton of leg-intensive stuff, so I probably won't have "slim" legs, but I certainly have powerful ones. If I could, I'd have legs thick in profile, but "slim" in front-view, if that makes sense. My legs right now look thick from the side, but are slimmer-looking from the front, but I have too much inner-thigh flab. If I can get rid of that inner thigh flab, I think I'll be just fine to enjoy those pencil skirts or light summer dresses without spandex under it.

That said, nothing is as sexy to me as a defined 6-pack, especially on women. I fantasize about reaching that point myself and doing photoshoots to show it off, ha ha!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    you can have both, you just can't pick and choose which one happens first.

This!

But even when I have a 6pack I have too much fat on my thighs for my liking. I don't want them skinny-but I would prefer that everything came off more evenly. I have to be VERY lean in order to have defined thighs. It's not really sustainable for me-so far

Exactly my point!
    I'm the same.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    My big legs are actually one of my favorite things about myself, so I would have to go with a flat stomach.

I have skinny legs and I would love thick ones. Flat stomach in a heartbeat.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Legs, definitely. I can get a corset for the stomach if I really need to.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Can I choose whose abs?
  • xatiz
    xatiz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Flat tummy/abs I like my legs
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think I'd want whichever one I didn't have hahah.
    My body kind of holds the extra weight on my stomach, but it's relatively even still... so I'm good with what I have :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    neither?

I'd love to have abs- but I mean- I want my strength gains more- so I keep my legs and my gains and have a moderately "flat" stomach.

Which by the way- what the *kitten* does that even mean- we aren't boards. I'm pretty "lean" and in no world is my stomach flat- even though its "is flat"

we should get off this concept we are supposed to be flat- we're people- not boards of wood.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    neither?

I'd love to have abs- but I mean- I want my strength gains more- so I keep my legs and my gains and have a moderately "flat" stomach.

Which by the way- what the *kitten* does that even mean- we aren't boards. I'm pretty "lean" and in no world is my stomach flat- even though its "is flat"

we should get off this concept we are supposed to be flat- we're people- not boards of wood.

<3<3
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Since the legs aren't happening (I'm pear-shaped and I love my squats), a flat stomach

I second this!