16-18m 330-180-202 Extremely drastic body change

Metagr0ss
Metagr0ss Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Hello everyone, my name is Sam and I would like to share my weight loss success story which i believe is unique due to my age, I've posted pictures to reddit and bodybuilding.com before but never here. I was never a "skinny" kid or anything close to it, growing up was a mess because my mother was a drunk and my real father left when I was born, I was left with a large burden and turned to food. I was always the weird fat kid who everyone repent, my weight gain was extremely fast, I was around 215 when I was 12, 250 when I was 13 and 290 when I was 14. That summer I actually successfully dropped to 250 with a fairly good diet, I simply ate less and ate better foods... Come 15 and i completely stop caring, shoot up to 330 by the time im 3 months short of 17. Thinking i needed surgery to lose the weight i begin researching how to actually lose weight. Everything began when I figured out how stuff worked..

From 330-290 I did a keto diet which worked simply because I ate less.. That was it. I didn't record calories all i did was eat less. I probably had -2000 deficits some days which didn't help my upcoming state. 290-250? I did iifym and ate complete *kitten*, still lost weight because i just ate less! Now here is where the stupid stuff begins..

I get extremely impatient and begin a VLCD which is basically a PSMF without the protein. I went from 250-230 in 45 days or something similar to that. I did not have much muscle mass to begin with but Im assuming this killed alot of it off.

Now officially out of the obese category I think im almost done.. haha not even close. 230-200 was a very long road and honestly don't remember the exact details, I had a job as a dishwasher where i probably burned 1500 cals a shift and did actually eat around 2-3000 cals a day which was good.

Now officially out of the 200s and thinking im close to having a chiseled body i cut calories again and probably killed my already terrible metabolism even more. I get down to 180 but my ribs are showing and I still have a high BF%, probably around 18-16%. I stay here for a good 6 months not knowing where to go. Very few changes except maybe a pound of fat and muscle gain

I begin doing research on muscle growth and bodybuilding. Surprise to me was how fat i actually still was sitting at that bf%. I could not put it in my head that i needed to EAT to gain muscle, For a good 2 years i was on a diet and this was insane to me, I thought i was going to get fat as hell again.. Diet was probably 3000 cals a day on average with 150g protein minimum, I probably should have ate more but I think I was right with my *kitten* metabolism, I gained 20lb over 3 months on 3k cal.
I keep my routine very simple, I train small muscle groups 20 sets a week and large ones 24.. all to failure. Has yielded incredible strength gains and mild LBM gains. I actually see my top 4 abs now (kind of) and weigh 20lb more.. This is why you don't starve yourself and need to build muscle. All in 6 months.

I am now beginning a 1800 calorie cut to maybe 190 or so. I have a layer of thick skin ( i dont believe in pure loose skin)
that has alot of fat left. I also have alot in my lower back.

Final thoughts about the "loose skin", I think it's *kitten* because my flap has gotten significantly thinner. I really don't care about it anymore

I had a weird thought making this post, the last picture with the lighting is the new before picture..

24b57cfe79bbe2523062f00be1f78563.png

Replies

• Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Really cool, well done!
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Great job!
  • Monarose
    Monarose Posts: 24 Member
    Fantastic job
  • Metagr0ss
    thanks all
  • MassageLadie
    MassageLadie Posts: 3 Member
    Metagr0ss wrote: »
    Hello everyone, my name is Sam and I would like to share my weight loss success story which i believe is unique due to my age, I've posted pictures to reddit and bodybuilding.com before but never here. I was never a "skinny" kid or anything close to it, growing up was a mess because my mother was a drunk and my real father left when I was born, I was left with a large burden and turned to food. I was always the weird fat kid who everyone repent, my weight gain was extremely fast, I was around 215 when I was 12, 250 when I was 13 and 290 when I was 14. That summer I actually successfully dropped to 250 with a fairly good diet, I simply ate less and ate better foods... Come 15 and i completely stop caring, shoot up to 330 by the time im 3 months short of 17. Thinking i needed surgery to lose the weight i begin researching how to actually lose weight. Everything began when I figured out how stuff worked..

From 330-290 I did a keto diet which worked simply because I ate less.. That was it. I didn't record calories all i did was eat less. I probably had -2000 deficits some days which didn't help my upcoming state. 290-250? I did iifym and ate complete *kitten*, still lost weight because i just ate less! Now here is where the stupid stuff begins..

I get extremely impatient and begin a VLCD which is basically a PSMF without the protein. I went from 250-230 in 45 days or something similar to that. I did not have much muscle mass to begin with but Im assuming this killed alot of it off.

Now officially out of the obese category I think im almost done.. haha not even close. 230-200 was a very long road and honestly don't remember the exact details, I had a job as a dishwasher where i probably burned 1500 cals a shift and did actually eat around 2-3000 cals a day which was good.

Now officially out of the 200s and thinking im close to having a chiseled body i cut calories again and probably killed my already terrible metabolism even more. I get down to 180 but my ribs are showing and I still have a high BF%, probably around 18-16%. I stay here for a good 6 months not knowing where to go. Very few changes except maybe a pound of fat and muscle gain

I begin doing research on muscle growth and bodybuilding. Surprise to me was how fat i actually still was sitting at that bf%. I could not put it in my head that i needed to EAT to gain muscle, For a good 2 years i was on a diet and this was insane to me, I thought i was going to get fat as hell again.. Diet was probably 3000 cals a day on average with 150g protein minimum, I probably should have ate more but I think I was right with my *kitten* metabolism, I gained 20lb over 3 months on 3k cal.
    I keep my routine very simple, I train small muscle groups 20 sets a week and large ones 24.. all to failure. Has yielded incredible strength gains and mild LBM gains. I actually see my top 4 abs now (kind of) and weigh 20lb more.. This is why you don't starve yourself and need to build muscle. All in 6 months.

I am now beginning a 1800 calorie cut to maybe 190 or so. I have a layer of thick skin ( i dont believe in pure loose skin)
    that has alot of fat left. I also have alot in my lower back.

Final thoughts about the "loose skin", I think it's *kitten* because my flap has gotten significantly thinner. I really don't care about it anymore

I had a weird thought making this post, the last picture with the lighting is the new before picture..

24b57cfe79bbe2523062f00be1f78563.png

• MassageLadie
    MassageLadie Posts: 3 Member
    Wow, that's amazing and very helpful. I need to eat more protein. What is ur take on protein powders?
  • Metagr0ss
    Wow, that's amazing and very helpful. I need to eat more protein. What is ur take on protein powders?

I usually consume chicken or turkey, probably around 3 scoops a week. I am lactose intolerant
  • faithstimenow
    faithstimenow Posts: 99 Member
    Good job! You look great!
  • crecynthia
    crecynthia Posts: 8 Member
    Awesome!!
  • nickibowen
    nickibowen Posts: 31 Member
    Wow. You sorta look like Shia lebouf in that facial pic. Good job!
  • leahb19
    leahb19 Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations!! And good luck on your continued journey!
  • Metagr0ss
    nickibowen wrote: »
    Wow. You sorta look like Shia lebouf in that facial pic. Good job!

I get that very often

Thanks all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!