Fantastic Job!!!
  • terrybartlettmsn
    terrybartlettmsn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! Rockin' the abs!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Wow - quite an accomplishment. Especially in 8 months if I read that correctly. Awesome job!
  • Shivneel23
    Shivneel23 Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I started off with biking ..everyday for an hour or so .. Then i started running on the treadmill .. I really cardio vigorously.. I did not do much weight training as i just wanted to reach my weight goal .i did not care much about retaining muscles and all ..

Then when i was mobile enough , like near 110 kgs i started running on the road everymorning for an hour .. I lost a few kgs there ..

Then when i got to around 95 kgs ..i cut a huge bit on cardio and really started concentrating on strengthening.. Im really tall (6 ft 2 inchs ) i started looking funny . So i thought to gain some some muscle .. Then for the last 8-10 weeks i strted mixing cardio with strength training ..i tried doing HIIT (High intensity interval training) but i couldnt really do it as i love lifting heavy ,more of lifting my maximum than lifting doing high reps . It helped alot ..the last 8 kgs was so hard to lose as there wasnt much fat left to burn ,so i went ona calorie deficit .i went down to 1700 calorie goal per day.. So yer thats what really made me get to my goal weight .im still on a calorie deficit till the coming Saturday .il try to increase my intake from next week and see how it goes .ive really lost size so i want to gain a bit before i get back to play soccer (football) again after a five year break
  • Shivneel23
    edited July 2015
    Options

Aw and yer the sagginess was there when i was in my 100kgs but once i started strengthening it started to disappear slowly and then i think the cardio helped alot aswell As me being really tall helped too
  • Shivneel23
    Options
    But i do have a lot of stretch marks like more than you can imagine
  • Shivneel23
    Options

In my weight loss journey , one thing i learnt for sure is that you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time ..you can but itl take you more time in my opinion .. Its either you lose it or start gaining .. Cause tryna do both won't let you maximise either of it ..

Aww and the only supplements i took were protein shakes , and preworkout when i did a but of lifting ..thats alll .. I read a lot online , and i reckon those two work the best when it comes to weight loss ..
  • Shivneel23
    Options
    All these are just my opinion on what i did .. Im no Personal trainer or gym junkie ..its just my journey and how i did it .. Its upto you on how you want to View It .. Others may have better and easiers way of doing it . This just my way ..

Its all about the mind set and most importantly , commitment..it really is

Hope you have a good day ..
  • 4800volts
    4800volts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Inspirationial
  • Shivneel23
    Options
    :
    4800volts wrote: »
    Inspirationial

:)
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal in just eight months. Very impressive.
  • Shivneel23
    Options
    LilannB wrote: »
    Congratulations on reaching your goal in just eight months. Very impressive.

:) Thank youu
  • Shivneel23
    Options
    Great job! That's a lot of weight for 6 months. How many calories a day did you eat? What kind of exercise?

At the end .. I went on a calorie deficit.. i started eating 1700 calories .im still on it till Saturday ..next week im guna increase my intake :)
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's How It's Done :)
  • cutemekat
    cutemekat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Proud of you man!
  • Shivneel23
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cutemekat wrote: »
    Proud of you man!

Thank youu :)
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    congratulations - keep up the great work- so you don't put it back on- really impressive
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!