Hit Goal! Coasting into Maintaining Mode

Options
So as of this morning, I'm at 109.1, which is just a touch below my goal weight of 110. This is nicely on target, considering the July 4th holiday, and the fact that I ate over 2000 calories at my friend's bbq on Saturday (including three glasses of champagne)! At this point, I can think of coasting into maintenance mode - getting down to about 108 or a smidge less will give me lee-way for slip-ups. And I can think of focusing more on muscle building than on losing.

Up till now, I've been working out every other day with three-pound weights. Next week or so, I'll drop into Modell's and look into a pair of five-pounders, so I can amuse the cats with some new efforts.

Will be hanging around the discussions here more than ever!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Awesome! As you increase your calorie intake to level out your weight, be sure to add calories SLOWLY. It's called a reverse diet. Check out this video. It's got awesome content. I've done it in the past, and I believe that this is the best way to come out of a fat loss phase.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI
  • JustinRa
    JustinRa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal. That is awesome. Now the fun begins. ;)
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love it! You get it, girl!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    Awesome! As you increase your calorie intake to level out your weight, be sure to add calories SLOWLY. It's called a reverse diet. Check out this video. It's got awesome content. I've done it in the past, and I believe that this is the best way to come out of a fat loss phase.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI

actually the reverse dieting should have started before this...1-3lbs away from goal probably...adding in calories slowly but surely otherwise you end up either increasing too fast and gaining back water/glycogen and freaking or losing even more and being a lot lower than you wanted...
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! As it turns out, I have a balancing act all this week - a very encouraging script meeting last night which lasted till about 9:00 and threw my inner clock off; I had a casual dinner meeting tonight, and tomorrow will be weird because I have a theatre meeting and, after midday won't have a chance to eat again till after 10:00. Come Friday I'll have control of time and product again, and we'll see what the damage is from these past couple of days. Still trying to be careful, and I did walk from Midtown to the West Village, at a good clip, so there's some calorie burn to offset things a bit!