What's your worst eating habit?

Options

Replies

• lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Eating too much at parties....and eating food so that it doesn't go to waste (when i'm not hungry).
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Eating when Im not really hungry (usually at night), finishing up my kids plates...because I don't want it to "go to waste."
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I've learned that 9/10 times I drink enough alcohol, I lose ability to exercise willpower control: I will eat all the things on top of drinking all the things. The way I can stuff myself after a few drinks is almost impressive.

I haven't cut out alcohol altogether, but these days I don't have more than two drinks a week, total. I only ever go a little over when I'm out dancing, but then I spend a good two or three hours trying to dance the boozy feeling off.

I had to give up alcohol all together or I was eating entire boxes of cookies at night.

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Anything salty and crunchy! Chips, popcorn, crackers of any kind but my faves and downfalls have to be black pepper & sea salt Triscut and smoked Almond thins. But hey, let's not forget about cheeze its, saltines, and omg I could eat a ton of croutons! yup, very dangerous for me! I used to eat toast with butter and mustard for breakfast... YUM
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tim hortons Cheese bagel with herb and garlic creamcheese for breakfast WAS a bad habit (but SO yummy). No longer go to Tims for breakfast.
    These days, its the alcohol.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Buying a pack of food and feeling obligated to consume it asap before expiration date -_-
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    BethClicks wrote: »
    Snacking on alll the foods while I'm preparing food in the kitchen, and overeating on cheese... one ounce is such a small amount and I hate spending my allotment for the day on just cheese!

This is one of my worst habit too. Also, the weekends, I don't stick with my plan very well on Saturdays.
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    beer...and alcohol in general. i enjoy a good buzz in the evening.

Definitely beer. If I quit drinking it I know I'd meet my goal relatively quickly. But in a season of hot weather and backyard barbecues it is really tough to avoid tipping back a cold one.
  • burklipford
    burklipford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. I LOVE ice cream.
  • Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Distracted eating (whether because I'm doing something like browsing my phone, reading, or worried about something) which leads to eating past the point of fullness because I'm not checking in with my satiety levels.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I've learned that 9/10 times I drink enough alcohol, I lose ability to exercise willpower control: I will eat all the things on top of drinking all the things. The way I can stuff myself after a few drinks is almost impressive.

I haven't cut out alcohol altogether, but these days I don't have more than two drinks a week, total. I only ever go a little over when I'm out dancing, but then I spend a good two or three hours trying to dance the boozy feeling off.

I had to give up alcohol all together or I was eating entire boxes of cookies at night.

I could eat a whole friggin pizza after a bottle of wine, something I could easily get away with when I was marathon training...not so much when I spent my whole day at a desk and then on the couch.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Stroopwafels or in english treacle waffle, when i eat one i want another and another...but one is 180kcal so its not really a healthy snack. Sometimes i fit one in my day but its really difficult to quit after one.
    o and having a glass of wine with my friends, almost everytime its leads to another and another.

In the past it was because i didnt want to waste anything so i eat the leftovers. But i have been able to quit that habit.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Snacking on the couch at night. Any mindless eating activity. It's been 4 years since I started improving my diet and changing my lifestyle but I still struggle with both.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The awful combination of eating too much and moving too little.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    beer...and alcohol in general. i enjoy a good buzz in the evening.

Yup...this coupled with the Untappd app have slowed my athletic progress, but what a way to go!

Untappd is the bomb-diggity.

Logged my 300th (and 303rd) distinct beer last night.

Yeah, that too - I have 410 distinct...504 check ins. I think I may have a problem!

• IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    lattarulol wrote: »
    Eating too much at parties....and eating food so that it doesn't go to waste (when i'm not hungry).

Yes! Me too!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Eating too much. I don't have that cue in my head that says "stop when you're full", not "stop when you feel like you're gonna die".
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Anything salty and crunchy! Chips, popcorn, crackers of any kind but my faves and downfalls have to be black pepper & sea salt Triscut and smoked Almond thins. But hey, let's not forget about cheeze its, saltines, and omg I could eat a ton of croutons! yup, very dangerous for me! I used to eat toast with butter and mustard for breakfast... YUM

Cheez-its are my weakness too. That's probably why we don't have them in the house.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    Not planning and then going for the easiest or tastiest thing in the vicinity. This morning I realized I had nothing for lunch so I stopped at McDonald's and had two burritos and a egg cheese mcmuffin. Granted now I'm stuffed and no longer want lunch but I could have just as easily stopped at subway but I started thinking about those sausage burritos!
  • wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cheat days every Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday its a take-away pizza. Fridays its usually a Falafel shwarma.
    Daily bread is one of my more expensive (calorie wise) food items.
    Anything sweet or salty that I can hide in my office draw...