HOW DO YOU PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK WITHOUT BINGING?

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    i'm um not so sure that sex as a reward would be considered odd?

Details make it odd. Apparantly my goals right now is to act like how can I word this. A young college guy.

hump & dump?

That is a future goal of mine. More like hump and drive the women crazy. It actually kind of funny getting mono and still having women invite you over. I call that being crazy.
  • MShayne2414
    MShayne2414 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I usually just take my right hand, put it over my left shoulder and give 3 good taps. It's my favorite!!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that bought a $20 dollar gift card for every 10# she lost. She says that when she hits goal she can go buy a dream outfit! Good idea & it looks like she will be shopping soon!
  • bussyfeso
    bussyfeso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I usually just take my right hand, put it over my left shoulder and give 3 good taps. It's my favorite!!

:D
  • bussyfeso
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    I had a friend that bought a $20 dollar gift card for every 10# she lost. She says that when she hits goal she can go buy a dream outfit! Good idea & it looks like she will be shopping soon!
    Good idea. I think I'm going to buy a dream size jeans and a bikini
  • arthurjohnson1973
    arthurjohnson1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the early stages of metabolic syndrome, had no choice but to loose weight and fast. The fact that I'm not going to die is reward enough for me
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I read something that hit me square between the eyes the other day. It said, "you're not a dog. stop rewarding yourself with food." OUCH.
    ideas: pedicure/manicure, new workout wear, cute new (insert clothing item here), a tattoo, a night out with friends, try a new gym or get a new workout dvd (depending on what you use), the possibilities are ENDLESS.
  • bussyfeso
    Options
    I'm in the early stages of metabolic syndrome, had no choice but to loose weight and fast. The fact that I'm not going to die is reward enough for me

Kudos. Keep it up
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Don't use food as your reward system.
  • bussyfeso
    Options
    I read something that hit me square between the eyes the other day. It said, "you're not a dog. stop rewarding yourself with food." OUCH.
    ideas: pedicure/manicure, new workout wear, cute new (insert clothing item here), a tattoo, a night out with friends, try a new gym or get a new workout dvd (depending on what you use), the possibilities are ENDLESS.

OUCH!!!!! B) lol. Nice ideas
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I read something that hit me square between the eyes the other day. It said, "you're not a dog. stop rewarding yourself with food.".

I love this!!!

• punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I used to buy a new nail polish for every milestone I reached, but now I don't really paint my nails anymore. Now I have a few rewards I keep rotating:
    1. New can of tea from David's Tea (10 lbs)
    2. New workout clothes (20 lbs)
    3. A fun night out exploring something new which may or may not involve food (15 lbs)
    4. I let myself watch another episode of Game of Thrones. I've finished the first 2 seasons. (If I see a loss when I weigh in on Monday, I can watch a new episode.)
    5. I try out a new fancy healthy meal. My last one was Paella. It was fancy because the recipe needed saffron. (5 lbs)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I actually don't reward myself with anything. Entering in my new weight into MFP gives me enough personal satisfaction to keep going.

*Once in a blue moon I'll tell myself it's been a while since I just ate A LOT, and I overeat. But I usually regret it and then it is a long time before I overeat like that again. I'm not perfect, and I'm going to occasionally overdo it. I just try to make it few and far between (or at least really worth it!)
  • bussyfeso
    Options
    Great ideas guys, thanks for ur input.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    pat-back.gif

:laugh: I haven't really thought of rewarding myself at all. Maybe when I lose enough weight, I'll go buy a whole new wardrobe.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    reward yourself with non food items, like new shoes, new clothes, pedicure. fitness gear,etc.
  • bussyfeso
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for ur input guys
  • bussyfeso
    Options
    pat-back.gif

:laugh: I haven't really thought of rewarding myself at all. Maybe when I lose enough weight, I'll go buy a whole new wardrobe.

Lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    barry-horowitz-o.gif

Having a really good, caloric dessert works for me. I usually work it into my calorie goals though.